Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
liampje
No.

Troubleshooting recording

Hey all. I got the right drivers for my OS got Guitar Rig and an M-track (I know it's kind of ghetto). The only problem I have is that I can't actually record. Audacity tells me I have no incoming signal, even though my pc has it's mic set as M-track. So it should actually.

I really don't know what to do with this. I just want to record and I have tried anything I could think of. Nothing worked.
liampje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
From Your Grave
B&

I also use Guitar Rig, but my interface is a Pod GX (rip-off btw). First thing, have you tried any other recording program?

Second, do you have ASIO4ALL installed? It might help.

Does your M-track interface have a headphone output so you can monitor audio output, and do you hear audio through it if it does?
From Your Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:28 AM   #3
liampje
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Your Grave
I also use Guitar Rig, but my interface is a Pod GX (rip-off btw). First thing, have you tried any other recording program?

Second, do you have ASIO4ALL installed? It might help.

Does your M-track interface have a headphone output so you can monitor audio output, and do you hear audio through it if it does?

I'm downloading another recording program. I don't have ASIO4ALl but I will download it now.

I do hear through the headphone output. I use it to practice silently.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:21 AM   #4
Victorgeiger

Make sure you have the right drivers for your M-track. Don't use audacity, and don't use windows sound settings. With the right driver for the M-track you shouldn't need ASIO4All (although I always install it) In your DAW of choice in your hardware preferences you should see a drop down where you can select your M-track driver. The windows driver and ASIO4All driver should also be in this list but choose the M-track driver and all should work fine.

Go to a track your DAW, remember to set it to mono and select an input from one of the channels on your M-track.

Hope this helped

Check out Guitar Graph. It's a blog that I write new stuff on every Monday and Thursday

I do cool guitar articles, news, gear reviews and lessons
Victorgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
liampje
No.

Solved it 50%. M-track doesn't support USB 3.0. NOw I can record but I can only record direct signal. How do I set up my recording software to let guitar rig do its thing?

Rate This Thread: