Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
relativity
International Badass

What's Your Sticking Point?

Hey all,

I'm just recently getting back into this forum.
And quite frankly, it's a little bit of a selfish reason; I'd like to learn more about other guitarists and get some information. But there will be something in it for you!

Is there a specific area in which you're getting stuck and can't make progress? Or worse, you want to begin focusing on a specific area, and you don't know where to start, so you keep putting it off?

I'll give you an example. For myself, I'm diving deeply into fingerstyle guitar la Tommy Emmanuel, Merle Travis, and Chet Atkins.

My current sticking point is lazy middle and ring finger on my right hand, which makes it hard to play grace notes on time.

Another sticking point is that I have difficulty keeping a very solid beat. My tempo is often all over the place, which is a big deal in fingerstyle.

So would you share your difficulties? I'll try my hardest to provide suggestions to help you solve the problem on this forum.

It doesn't matter if you're beginner or advanced.

I happen to run a blog on talent development, and if enough of you have a similar issue, I'll create something to help all of you address it. Granted, I may charge for it, but I guarantee that the time and effort you will save will be worth it.
relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: