User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
maximumrocker
UG's ADHD kid

Metallica - Welcome Home Split Screen Guitar Cover w/ Solos

Hey UG,

My friend and I covered Metallica's Welcome Home (Sanitarium).

Need thoughts on the recording. Used Presonus's Studio One Artist, along with ampire amp simulation that came with it for the right guitar track. The left one was using the blackstar id series amps.

Other than that... Constructive Crits on the playing, and video are welcome!

c4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
maximumrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Ludo950

Sounds cool dude! Your mate looks so happy to play btw ahah
So, I noticed that you are pretty accurate but I think that you need maybe to add more vibratos/more feeling to the playing, let me explain: I noticed that you're maybe too focused on playing, you need to show that you're actually enjoying playing the guitar, like your mate does,,, maybe you'll get it by the time!
Overall I really enjoyed that, keep going
Ludo950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
cccp2006

I don't know which one is you so I'll just say the colors of the guitars :P

First playing wise, pretty much spot on I didn't hear anything out of place or off timing in the song. My personal preference that I didn't like that small improve in the riff at 0:40 that the green guitar does. I prefer the original with just the sliding like the red guitar plays. Nothing bad, just preference. Red guitar should also practice those downpicking riffs to play the riff at 4:00 :P.

Sound wise, I really like both tones. The clean in the intro and the distorted during the chorus etc. I think there's a bit too much reverb in the main solo.

Overall great job
Yamaha F325
cccp2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
maximumrocker
UG's ADHD kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo950
Sounds cool dude! Your mate looks so happy to play btw ahah
So, I noticed that you are pretty accurate but I think that you need maybe to add more vibratos/more feeling to the playing, let me explain: I noticed that you're maybe too focused on playing, you need to show that you're actually enjoying playing the guitar, like your mate does,,, maybe you'll get it by the time!
Overall I really enjoyed that, keep going

Love playing with him (He is upper left). Extremely enthusiastic about playing! Its really motivating to play with someone with more experience than you. But, I hear yea, Im more focused on grabbing the notes. Trying to work on loosening up a bit. Get it a bit camera shaky... But thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccp2006
I don't know which one is you so I'll just say the colors of the guitars :P

First playing wise, pretty much spot on I didn't hear anything out of place or off timing in the song. My personal preference that I didn't like that small improve in the riff at 0:40 that the green guitar does. I prefer the original with just the sliding like the red guitar plays. Nothing bad, just preference. Red guitar should also practice those downpicking riffs to play the riff at 4:00 :P.

Sound wise, I really like both tones. The clean in the intro and the distorted during the chorus etc. I think there's a bit too much reverb in the main solo.

Overall great job

Im the bottom right with the red Schecter!

Yea, definitely need to work on my downpicking. More of an alt picking, and eco picking guy.

You know I had that same thought. When I was mixing it. I thought "This might be bit much of the delay". Used the ping pong setting to make it sound a little bit more full instead of just dead on. Thanks man for the words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
maximumrocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: