Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
codymrc
Reignofhell

Had a question about a trade

I currently have a Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 guitar in alpine white, and i've been looking to trade it recently, mainly to test the waters.

With that being said, I currently have 2 offers, one is a 80's Norman GX, and the other is a BC Rich Warbeast Wmd, however it looks to be in a little rough shape, and may need strings/a Set-Up. I will include pics as a link, as they are too big to upload.

So, would either of these guitars be worth trading my Schecter, or should i just hold onto it?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&type=1&theater

Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
codymrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Those guitars are crap and if you trade your Schecter for either of them I will find you and slap you silly. You should be looking for guitars in the $400-$600 range like yours.

a ****ing Norman
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
codymrc
Reignofhell

Yeah, I was mainly just testing the waters to see who had a guitar near mine in terms of value, only one i've seen so far is the Warbeast WMD, and i got an offer for a H&K 25th anniversary Amp, but if i wanted another amp i'd just go to my local guitar shop and finance one, that way if it breaks i can get a replacement model.

I just heard back from the guy offering the Warbeast WMD.. it doesn't have strings atm, and would probably require a professional set-up, as i have almost always used either ToM or Vintage Strat bridges.. so im gonna have to pass on that one.

There is really no point trading a good guitar with a decent set-up for a guitar that needs one, and is in pretty rough shape if i'm looking at those pictures correctly. (My Schecter is in almost perfect condition, not a scratch, dent, or crack in the neck, headstock or finish, which isn't bad considering I paid 500$ and tax for it used)

Yeah, the Norman wasn't my first choice, I was mainly interested in the Floyd.. until I was told it was a licensed 80's Floyd.. YUCK!

I'm thinking about saying the hell with it and get it set up for Ernie Ball Heavy Top, skinny bottom strings, i haven't changed them out since i got the guitar a couple months ago.. haven't been playing it as much lately.
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
Old 07-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

The kinds of trade you want to be looking for are your guitar plus a bit of cash for a better guitar. Never trade down. Never ever trade down. Always trade up even if you have to toss in a bit of dough.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:15 AM   #5
codymrc
Reignofhell

With how much guitars cost in my province, I'm lucky usually to find someone selling a Mid level guitar for up in the $500 or more area, add that to the fact that only have 2-3 guitar buddies, and they aren't really guitar knowledgeable, at least with guitar/amplifier electronics and guitar/amplifier value, so i usually have to do my own homework on that kind of stuff.

This is where the UGCommunity comes in to give me a hand.
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal

Rate This Thread: