Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2014, 03:42 PM   #21
Spambot_2
UG's redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryderyczek
TBH, I guews we'll just call thomann, dad is fluent in German so he can do the talking.
You can send e-mails.
They speak english.
Quote:
To the people who say JC, I don't want that because I haven't tried it, the only shop who has one is 800km away.

The dude in the shop yesterday said they have reliability issues and I trust him.
Thomann has a pretty nice return policy.
Also Jet City's have as much reliability issues as every other mid quality amp out there - one or two out of every thousand may have reliability problems, but even that's unlikely.

Your friend might be exaggerating after having had a bad experience.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
AsOneIStand

Jet Cities are actually really good amps for the price. The only other way you can get a better amp in that range is if you get a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 or a 6505+ combo used. I don't know what his experiences are, but in terms of reliability, they are miles and countries ahead of something like a Bugera. At the end of the day, if you don't like it or have issues, just send it back and try something else.
Jet City 2212C
TS-9 TS
MXR Blue Box
AsOneIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #23
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

I've seen Jet City recommended on 100s of threads here, none of them have ever mentioned any reliability issues.

I have one & it's never let me down.

Thomann have a good returns policy & provide you with a 3 year warranty. Most other places only provide 1 year.

There's really no reason not to have a Jet City from Thomann.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:00 PM   #24
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

I agree. Considering the amount of them sold, we don't get many people in here with problems at all. You'd think I would have noticed because the "my amp's busted" threads are the ones I go into the most. They're certainly no Behringer/Bugera. Who told you they were unreliable?
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification

Last edited by Cathbard : 08-31-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Cathbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:58 AM   #25
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
I agree. Considering the amount of them sold, we don't get many people in here with problems at all. You'd think I would have noticed because the "my amp's busted" threads are the ones I go into the most. They're certainly no Behringer/Bugera. Who told you they were unreliable?

The dude in the shop. I mean, don't get offended, but I'd rather trust someone who played on them, sold them and owned them that I can meet face to face, rather than a UG-er who listened to it on Youtube and thinks it's amazing.
Fryderyczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:21 AM   #26
Spambot_2
UG's redhead

^ most of us played one at least, and some of us own one as well.

Gary and Dave for example, and the former has already expressed his opinion about them.

Also we're all agreeing on the fact that they are reliable, while there's only one telling you otherwise.
Which by the way is a "dude in the shop", which are usually not to be trusted in my experience.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:38 AM   #27
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

Yeah, 'cause you can always trust a salesman.
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
Old 09-01-2014, 05:53 AM   #28
RJH11
Tone chaser

^ Lol. I'd trust people here that I see as regular posters than any
ass carrying Jet City and knocking them. Did he also recommend
a similar in store amp that was triple the price of the Jet city?
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
RJH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #29
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH11
^ Lol. I'd trust people here that I see as regular posters than any
ass carrying Jet City and knocking them. Did he also recommend
a similar in store amp that was triple the price of the Jet city?

No, he recommended a Peavey and a Blackstar.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #30
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

Even if the amp isn't triple the price, he may get triple the commission...
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #31
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBillington
Even if the amp isn't triple the price, he may get triple the commission...

What about some other amp head good enough that's not JC and not Marshall?( And not too expensive)
Old 09-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #32
Spambot_2
UG's redhead

6505 in whatever incarnation.

Though I'd say a JCA is still your best bet.
I mean, you told us your father was brainwashed by a store clerk and didn't want to look at opinions on the internet, and now the same thing is kinda happening with you...

Also jet city's are hella good for the money.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #33
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spambot_2
6505 in whatever incarnation.

Though I'd say a JCA is still your best bet.
I mean, you told us your father was brainwashed by a store clerk and didn't want to look at opinions on the internet, and now the same thing is kinda happening with you...

Also jet city's are hella good for the money.

He was brainwashed by the dude in GC, not the one I talked about not long ago. The 6505 here costs 1300USD and I'm not paying that sort of money for a ****ing head, the combo I would have no use for. People here told me that a valve amp sounds good turned up, and 60watts is too much for me to turn up at home, besides, I would prefer SS.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #34
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Are you ever going to buy something? Making these threads is pointless. We go round and round every time. And then you just make a new thread and do the same thing all over again. You clearly are not going to listen to our advice, whether that is due to your aforementioned father's unwillingness to buy what we recommend, or your unwillingness to trust our opinions.

At the very least, don't make another thread, just use this one. All further questions you ask should be kept in here if you ask me. You aren't ever starting a new topic really, it's always about what amp you should get, and what cab. You want Dimes sound, get the Randall, that will do it in spades, and despite all the others saying otherwise, it will do it better than a Jet City, a 6505, or really anything else. For a cab, you want the HB. Hell, it doesn't even matter if you get the 412 or the 212, but that is probably your best bet (unless you wanted to get the Marshall cabs you mentioned in one of your 50 threads).

Gear:
Krank Nineteen80
POD HD300
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #35
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
Are you ever going to buy something? Making these threads is pointless. We go round and round every time. And then you just make a new thread and do the same thing all over again. You clearly are not going to listen to our advice, whether that is due to your aforementioned father's unwillingness to buy what we recommend, or your unwillingness to trust our opinions.

At the very least, don't make another thread, just use this one. All further questions you ask should be kept in here if you ask me. You aren't ever starting a new topic really, it's always about what amp you should get, and what cab. You want Dimes sound, get the Randall, that will do it in spades, and despite all the others saying otherwise, it will do it better than a Jet City, a 6505, or really anything else. For a cab, you want the HB. Hell, it doesn't even matter if you get the 412 or the 212, but that is probably your best bet (unless you wanted to get the Marshall cabs you mentioned in one of your 50 threads).

It's not up to me if I get something, it's up to that prick that I have to call my dad. Every time I post a thread about an amp and he says no to it I delete that thread.
Every time I suggest an amp he says no because "it's a waste of money" or "I don't like it". In the end I guess I won't buy shit because he won't give me any money to get it.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #36
Spambot_2
UG's redhead

Quote:
He was brainwashed by the dude in GC, not the one I talked about not long ago.
The point's not who the guy is, the point's that you're trusting a store clerk more than a bunch of people with first hand experience.
Quote:
People here told me that a valve amp sounds good turned up, and 60watts is too much for me to turn up at home
This is bs pretty inaccurate.

Everything sounds better when turned up, to an extent, and that has nothing to do with tubes.
It's because of the fletcher-munson curves, and the fact that the speakers distort the sound more when moving so little, and the fact that having the speakers move more air results in a more "exciting sound".

Also you'd need to get a 1/4w or so amp if you wanted to crank it and keep it at reasonable volumes.
Quote:
besides, I would prefer SS.
Any particular reason, apart from the fact that the big ones are relatively cheap?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #37
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

Oh, you're the Dimebag guy? Just buy a friggin Randall RG FFS. They're cheap and do what you want. Why must you keep torturing us?
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
Old 09-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #38
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Oh, you're the Dimebag guy? Just buy a friggin Randall RG FFS. They're cheap and do what you want. Why must you keep torturing us?

Tell that to my dad, maybe then he'd consider it.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #39
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

That's your job. Please, you know the answer, go away.
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
Old 09-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #40
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spambot_2
The point's not who the guy is, the point's that you're trusting a store clerk more than a bunch of people with first hand experience.
This is bs pretty inaccurate.

Everything sounds better when turned up, to an extent, and that has nothing to do with tubes.
It's because of the fletcher-munson curves, and the fact that the speakers distort the sound more when moving so little, and the fact that having the speakers move more air results in a more "exciting sound".

Also you'd need to get a 1/4w or so amp if you wanted to crank it and keep it at reasonable volumes.
Any particular reason, apart from the fact that the big ones are relatively cheap?

I don't need a tube amp, I like an SS tone and when I decide to get more serious about playing, I'll get an ENGL or something. For now I want an at least 100 watt amp that's solid state and has a good tone. Randalll amps check all those boxes and I'd be happier in the long run.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: