Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #41
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

I'm not here to give family counseling, but that's a shitty attitude to have. He doesn't owe you an amp. Even if he said he was going to buy you one, he isn't a prick for not buying you a half stack because he is definitely right in that regard, you don't need a damn half stack. I'm sure we aren't getting even half of the story so I won't go any further than that.

As far as making all these threads goes, there is no point in making a new thread every day asking the same questions over and over. Your options never change much, our answers never change. You are gaining nothing new and at this point we are just posting for practice. So please, if you would, stick with this thread.

By the way, if you want a new amp so bad and don't want to deal with your father, get the money yourself, and don't feed me a line about there being no way to earn it. There is money everywhere in the world just waiting to be picked up. I never had a 9-5 job my entire way through high school and I payed for a car and the insurance, gas and maintenance for it with odd jobs. I'm sure there is SOMETHING you could do to earn spare cash. Ask around the neighborhood.

Gear:
Krank Nineteen80
POD HD300
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #42
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
That's your job. Please, you know the answer, go away.

In my previous post I said I trust the shop dude more than some UG-ers. Those UG-ers are you, and the shop dude was also kinder.
Fryderyczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #43
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm not here to give family counseling, but that's a shitty attitude to have. He doesn't owe you an amp. Even if he said he was going to buy you one, he isn't a prick for not buying you a half stack because he is definitely right in that regard, you don't need a damn half stack. I'm sure we aren't getting even half of the story so I won't go any further than that.

As far as making all these threads goes, there is no point in making a new thread every day asking the same questions over and over. Your options never change much, our answers never change. You are gaining nothing new and at this point we are just posting for practice. So please, if you would, stick with this thread.

By the way, if you want a new amp so bad and don't want to deal with your father, get the money yourself, and don't feed me a line about there being no way to earn it. There is money everywhere in the world just waiting to be picked up. I never had a 9-5 job my entire way through high school and I payed for a car and the insurance, gas and maintenance for it with odd jobs. I'm sure there is SOMETHING you could do to earn spare cash. Ask around the neighborhood.

I don't live in America. The only way I would earn cash is illegally, or to be a prostitute, and I'm not gonna do either.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #44
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryderyczek
Tell that to my dad, maybe then he'd consider it.

You can get an RG combo. like this older RG75

Or the new RG80 (which looks kinda cheesy)

either will give you plenty of volume and you will be able to play with others. It nails the Dime tone

You might want to look for a DIME amp, they do the Dime RG tone really good since they cloned one of his amps to make it.
www.dimeamps.com/d100c.php
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #45
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
You can get an RG combo. like this older RG75

Or the new RG80 (which looks kinda cheesy)

either will give you plenty of volume and you will be able to play with others. It nails the Dime tone

You might want to look for a DIME amp, they do the Dime RG tone really good since they cloned one of his amps to make it.
www.dimeamps.com/d100c.php

I was actually looking for a DIME amp, but I couldn't find one anywhere. I have one other question, can you tell me why my other thread got closed?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #46
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

I refuse to believe there isn't SOMETHING you can do for money. People still have chores in Poland I'm sure, offer to do other people's chores (or any monotonous work people hate doing).

Your other thread got closed because we aren't here to convince your father to buy you things.

Gear:
Krank Nineteen80
POD HD300
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #47
Robbgnarly

Quote:
I was actually looking for a DIME amp, but I couldn't find one anywhere. I have one other question, can you tell me why my other thread got closed?

Most likely because it was answered to the best anyone could and it (the topic) goes along with this thread. I'm not a mod, but that is my guess.

I can understand some of the frustration the members here are having with trying to help. I think your dads biggest issue is the size of an amp you are wanting. the look alone equates into "That is loud as hell" to most people that do not play guitar.

I think your best bet for the tone you want will be to go for the RG75 combo. It is loud and will do what you want, but it looks "less loud" to your dad. Your 15 you have plenty of time to get a huge rig if you want one.

And your 15 you can go get a job doing something, even if it is odd jobs for people.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #48
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I refuse to believe there isn't SOMETHING you can do for money. People still have chores in Poland I'm sure, offer to do other people's chores (or any monotonous work people hate doing).

Your other thread got closed because we aren't here to convince your father to buy you things.

Well, this holiday I've driven over to my grandma's house who has a lot of raspberrys and I collected them and sold them. If I would stay there a bit longer I'd get more money. But the gathering season or whatever it's called is over now.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #49
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
Most likely because it was answered to the best anyone could and it (the topic) goes along with this thread. I'm not a mod, but that is my guess.

I can understand some of the frustration the members here are having with trying to help. I think your dads biggest issue is the size of an amp you are wanting. the look alone equates into "That is loud as hell" to most people that do not play guitar.

I think your best bet for the tone you want will be to go for the RG75 combo. It is loud and will do what you want, but it looks "less loud" to your dad. Your 15 you have plenty of time to get a huge rig if you want one.

And your 15 you can go get a job doing something, even if it is odd jobs for people.

I tried looking for that combo, but I couldn't find it I'm afraid.
My dad recently changed work(he's a truck driver) and he's not home 5 days of the week, so I don't think he would have any problem with me playing an amp like that.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #50
MaaZeus

I have been thinking and have come to conclusion that you have only two sensible choices. A few words before that though: You do NOT need a god damn half stack! Even if you are in a band and do gigs a good 1x12 combo is going to sound much better and BIGGER than a cheap half stack with a shitty cab. Plus as someone said before combo is much less intimidating looking so your dad might accept one easier. Now to choices.

1. A possible compromise with your father. A Blackstar HT combo, any wattage above 20w. Now, mentioning Blackstar in this forum will make some people burst their hemorroids and go into bleeding rage (you are welcome for the mental image), but thats for the reason why I think it might be perfect for you and your dad. You see, the amp is a hybrid. It has tubes in both preamp section and power amp section. The preamp has both tubes causing distortion as well as solid state boosts and diodes.
And power amp has SS phase inverter etc... People are angry about them because frankly they kinda advertise themselves as all tube amp even though thats not the case. But for you that could be a good compromise that might be OK with your father.

It works well in both high and low volumes and thanks to global master volume that controls all channels whisper volumes are EASY to achieve. No sensitive volume knob issues here. New the amps are overpriced but if you find a 40W combo for good price you are golden. Keep looking for one for few months, I am sure one will pop up, Blackstars used to be quite popular.

2. If you are still in lock situation with your father then only other option is finding an evening job, be it some flipping burgers in McDonalds or something, that you can do along your studies or wait for the summer and do some summer work for some company (a common thing here in Finland). Since you are a student living with your parents and have no other expenses (leave unnecessary partying, just waste of money) saving up is going to be easy even if the pay sucks. Then you can buy an amp that YOU want.

If you can manage this then I will heartily recommend Peavey 6505 combo. Yes its just combo but it also has port for cabs if you decide to get one later. And even as standalone it is amazing amp for band practices and live, the sound is very powerful. If your bandmate has some cheap as Marshall MG stack you will likely bury his sound alive. Its popular metal amp for a reason, head or combo. Just ask KailM here.

Or get the Randall RG if Dime sound is your priority number one. Anyway, if these two options will not bring fruit then we cannot help you. Then you just have to wait until you are on your own with a job and all.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3

Last edited by MaaZeus : 09-01-2014 at 09:49 AM.
MaaZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #51
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaaZeus
I have been thinking and have come to conclusion that you have only two sensible choices. A few words before that though: You do NOT need a god damn half stack! Even if you are in a band and do gigs a good 1x12 combo is going to sound much better and BIGGER than a cheap half stack with a shitty cab. Now to choices.

1. A possible compromise with your father. A Blackstar HT combo, any wattage above 20w. Now, mentioning Blackstar in this forum will make some people burst their hemorroids and go into bleeding rage (you are welcome for the mental image), but thats for the reason why I think it might be perfect for you and your dad. You see, the amp is a hybrid. It has tubes in both preamp section and power amp section. The preamp has both tubes causing distortion as well as solid state boosts and diodes.
And power amp has SS phase inverter etc... People are angry about them because frankly they kinda advertise themselves as all tube amp even though thats not the case. But for you that could be a good compromise that might be OK with your father.

It works well in both high and low volumes and thanks to global master volume that controls all channels whisper volumes are EASY to achieve. No sensitive volume knob issues here. New the amps are overpriced but if you find a 40W combo for good price you are golden. Keep looking for one for few months, I am sure one will pop up, Blackstars used to be quite popular.

2. If you are still in lock situation with your father then only other option is finding an evening job, be it some flipping burgers in McDonalds or something, that you can do along your studies or wait for the summer and do some summer work for some company (a common thing here in Finland). Since you are a student living with your parents and have no other expenses (leave unnecessary partying, just waste of money) saving up is going to be easy even if the pay sucks. Then you can buy an amp that YOU want.

If you can manage this then I will heartily recommend Peavey 6505 combo. Yes its just combo but it also has port for cabs if you decide to get one later. And even as standalone it is amazing amp for band practices and live, the sound is very powerful. If your bandmate has some cheap as Marshall MG stack you will likely bury his sound alive. Its popular metal amp for a reason, head or combo. Just ask KailM here.

Or get the Randall RG if Dime sound is your priority number one. Anyway, if these two options will not bring fruit then we cannot help you. Then you just have to wait until you are on your own with a job and all.

Thanks for that advice, I played a Blackstar and I liked the idea that you can change the type of tubes it has with one of the knobs, it would be perfect, but it's too expensive I'm afraid. Anyway, I'll just look through ebay and see what I like.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #52
MaaZeus

Quote:
Thanks for that advice, I played a Blackstar and I liked the idea that you can change the type of tubes it has with one of the knobs, it would be perfect, but it's too expensive I'm afraid. Anyway, I'll just look through ebay and see what I like.

The sweep knob does not change the tubes it uses, it just changes the sound inside the tone stack. One edge is Marshallish crunch and other side is Mesaish fizz. But tubes stay the same. So yes its definetly versatile. As I said, they are overpriced when new but on used market they pop up quite often and for decent prices.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Old 09-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #53
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
The sweep knob does not change the tubes it uses, it just changes the sound inside the tone stack. One edge is Marshallish crunch and other side is Mesaish fizz. But tubes stay the same. So yes its definetly versatile. As I said, they are overpriced when new but on used market they pop up quite often and for decent prices.

That's what I meant, but still, I'll look for them on ebay.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #54
MaaZeus

Quote:
That's what I meant, but still, I'll look for them on ebay.

Also look for them outside of ebay. I bet there are polish websites dedicated for selling music equipment. Also polish music forums that have For Sale sections etc. A possible polish auction websites. Ebay is nowadays not very good place to hunt for deals. Too many resellers.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Old 09-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #55
Fryderyczek
Banned

I doubt any of you will see this, but here goes...
I found two options:
a Randall RH150G3 with 412 Randall jaguar cab.
and a Randall RH150 G3+ with 412 celestion 70 80's.
THey both cost the same(1500zł)
I know the 70 80's are shit, but I would get a better amp with worse speakers.
But If I get the G3 I'll get a worse head with decent speakers.
What do?

EDIT: I also found a Randall RH100 G2 with 412 Randall jaguar speakers. This costs 1100zł(just use some currency converter) and is second closest to me(the G3 is closest).

Last edited by Fryderyczek : 09-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #56
Spambot_2
UG's redhead

Quote:
I know the 70 80's are shit, but I would get a better amp with worse speakers.
But If I get the G3 I'll get a worse head with decent speakers.
You mentioned the same amp in both cases.

If I was you anyway, I'd try and talk the guy to sell you the head alone, and then I'd get myself a harley benton G212 vintage from thoman.de
Old 09-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #57
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spambot_2
You mentioned the same amp in both cases.

If I was you anyway, I'd try and talk the guy to sell you the head alone, and then I'd get myself a harley benton G212 vintage from thoman.de

Well technically, I didn't. The one with the celestions is a plus model, they are generally better in every way than the g3 model.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #58
MaaZeus

I would take the option with Celestions. I would not call 70 80 straight out shit, but its true not a lot of people like it. They are quite bright and piercing from what I remember about the RG75 G3 combo I had. However if you are still playing on Spider combo the whole set is going to be quite noticeable improvement.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Old 09-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #59
Fryderyczek
Banned

Quote:
I would take the option with Celestions. I would not call 70 80 straight out shit, but its true not a lot of people like it. They are quite bright and piercing from what I remember about the RG75 G3 combo I had. However if you are still playing on Spider combo the whole set is going to be quite noticeable improvement.

If dad won't change his mind then who mnows, I might get this setup.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #60
MatrixClaw
UG God

Honestly, i'm getting REALLY tired of your threads. Quit making new ones, asking the same questions and then going on to bash your dad, because he doesn't want to get you exactly what you want. He's buying you an amp, free of charge to you, stop being a whiney little baby.

Closing this thread because we've already helped you twice and I'm tired of hearing your entitlement. Take everyone's advice and figure it out yourself or the next thread you post on this topic is going to earn you a warning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: