Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #1
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

International Clash of Clans Thread!!!!!

Its like Warcraft 3 but with equity that builds up over time

Who plays?? Im lvl 80 leading a 26 person clan of uni friends/their relatives/some randoms, and its pretty damn fun! The strategy goes pretty deep in clan wars for a game in general, let alone a free app (especially when you unlock all of the dark barracks troops). And its taught us a fair bit in "running an effective organization", Art of War OODA Loop tactics, and just generally keeping in touch with the friends that moved away after graduation.

Oh yeah I mentioned "effective organization", but I suppose that's pretty accurate considering

50 WARS WON AS OF TONIGHT SON!!

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-31-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Fat Lard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
VillainousLatin
That Latino Guy

Hey what a coincidence, I just downloaded this game like 3 hours ago.

I have no idea what I'm doing
Old 08-30-2014, 11:26 PM   #3
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

Smile

Give it some time and do some of the campaign!

The beginning is slow (and buildings take eons to upgrade, which isnt that bad as it prevents you for getting too addicted), but get some raids in after messing around in campaign too! (Where the $$ is that loot that cheese that feddi that ghetty green get the green)

Definitely gets less simplistic in strategy, but yeah gotta commit. Probably should turn away now if you value your time

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-30-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:34 AM   #4
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

I must mention, the buildings take progressively longer to upgrade as you get better for a reason (not unlike our tax system).

You don't need gems (remember, gems = $ for the most part unless you hedge hard currency with cleaning up obstacles/completing achievements), but as you become more immersed in the game (one that wants an edge to 'climb the ladder' faster), it gets likely you'll drop a $5.

Not gonna lie, Supercell's milked me for $45 as of now, but I hold no hard feelings because I get it. Was it worth it? Yes. Brilliant business model: http://www.forbes.com/sites/karsten...pany-supercell/ (outdated article, shit's bigger. And we need more clansmen)

Do gems make you a better player? No. It speeds up the laymaner plateaus for true gaming, but that's also how they get you. We've found it best to only spend gems on extra builders (over time), and boosting barracks production speed. Everything else from a cost-benefit analysis is playing you for chumps (no irony intended). It can get reeeal tempting to finish a building or whatever instantly for x amount of gems, or to build it when short on the required resource, but raiding the weaker is much more easy and worth it.

tl;dr: God-tier strategy at the clan level and re-asserting America's dominance (we scrape South Korean clans, sweartagod), but the 1st half is very basic. You can bypass this by not buying Starbucks a few times a week, but spending actual money is not required to enjoy the game to its full potential.

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-31-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:47 AM   #5
EndTheRapture51
Feminism ruined The Pit

Awful game riddled with microtransactions. Play a proper game.

#FREENEO #FREETROWZAA #FREEPHIL
EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:52 AM   #6
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Awful game riddled with microtransactions. Play a proper game.

1 star scrubs < lvl 40 can stay tf out. Only true RTS fans need apply (coming from someone that could stomp you in AoE/Warcraft/Starwars Galactic Battlegrounds and still feel unsatisfactory and crave competition).

Not that you can't be ~lvl30-40 and join our motherfkn clan, but we need heart not rage-quitters.

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-31-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:01 AM   #7
EndTheRapture51
Feminism ruined The Pit

Um ok?

#FREENEO #FREETROWZAA #FREEPHIL
EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:24 AM   #8
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

I've been playing Simpsons Tapped Out, which currently has the "Clash of Clones" event. I might have a go at Clash of Clans, I've been going at a few of these freeplay, grindathon games recently (Sims Freeplay, Family Guy, Simpsons...).

They're stupid and pointless, but addictive. But yeah I've made a rule never to buy lifepoints/clams/donuts/gems/whatever crap. Once you open that door, it's hard to close again.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:26 AM   #9
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

damn that's a mindtrip, FX is running these Simpsons marathons

EDIT: FXX is

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-31-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #10
SMH07
Haters, dismissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Um ok?

I dunno what he said but it seems like you got #rekt..

..again.

The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
SMH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #11
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

So like... what happens if people attack your town? Do you have to rebuild it from scratch? Does that only happen in multiplayer?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:47 AM   #12
Thrashtastic15
Bаnned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Lard
Only true RTS fans need apply (coming from someone that could stomp you in AoE

hahaha bud bet you couldnt even handle 1700 get outta here with yr weak microtransaction nonsense yr no pro
Old 08-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #13
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
So like... what happens if people attack your town? Do you have to rebuild it from scratch? Does that only happen in multiplayer?

It rebuilds when you log in.

Thrash I normally wouldnt lower myself with a response to you, but ill bite. I dont understand 1700 (unless youre talking 1700 CoC trophies which I can handle with ease - gold league 2 is nothing to me) but I only played AoE 1 + expansion (AoE 2 was incredibly wack and SWGB was better version in that time period)

I wouldnt even have to build a base to beat you, just attack you at the start with a relentless worker wave. GOALKEEPING DOESNT TRANSLATE EH????

Also, palm tree + hockey stick avatar? Ha! I knew youd jump on the Tampa Bay Lightning bandwagon as soon as they started proving themself

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-31-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:23 AM   #14
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:
It rebuilds when you log in.

So what's the disadvantage of getting attacked and beaten? You lose trophies? What do trophies do?

I R N00B
Old 08-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #15
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

Trophies are more dignity/getting to harder opponents with more loot. The main thing is

1 star = destroying at least 50% of their base
1 star = destroying townhall
3 stars = 100% Scorched Earth rape

(So you could destroy 90% of base and get only 1 star, and 50% including townhall for 2 stars)

The more stars (and other factors such as the harder the opponent is), the more trophies you get, which will move you up the leagues.

Generally you should only go for loot maximizing raids after cementing yourself in the league. I find 'taking the dive' and ending the battle after destroying full collectors (rather than spend more elixir for troops to get to the storages) to be best when saving up for offense/defense upgrades

And I should mention, people will take your loot. Watching the replays can help you reassess your layout though

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-31-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

And some hints that woulda helped me had I not learned the hard way

Cant use map boundaries/edges as protection (they can send troops out of bounds and they walk around obstacles)

And the find next opponent button in mid right when raiding (never saw it and would just attack 1st opponent, which usually ended up not being as profitable were I to shop around)

Basically the game is preying on the weak/getting bullied by the higher . But once you can join a clan, the stars become more important (clan@ end with most stars wins), and the winning clan gets really hefty war loot bonuses (and war hero pride of course)

The clan war aspect is the best part of the game though. Having up to 50 people teams play and only being as good as your weakest link really adds depth. Its like Warcraft meets some MLG MAG game (that PS3 game that was like an MMO FPS with huge armies).

And war tactics/ OODA Loop-ing, sacrificing for your team because you love tf out of them, etc 10/10 will keep playing. Kinda surprised noone that plays has posted here yet , pretty popular game nowadays

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-31-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #17
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

So what maximises loot? I want to attack buildings that store/produce elixir/gold?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #18
Fat Lard
XxTeatotaleRxX

Correct. Youll gain more experience over time as to most efficient troop combo for your style of play, etc.

But a good key is to know that you can steal 50% of whats held in collectors, but ~5-10% of what is in storages (which are usually more fortified). After searchng around for opponents, you can look to see if the elixir collectors look full/ gold collectos' baskets to side of cart are full, and know you have an easy target (at least in the sense of cleaning them out)

But also keeping in mind that you may want to gain trophies too, as the beginning leagues will naturally have more loot as you move up

Last edited by Fat Lard : 08-31-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #19
Thrashtastic15
Bаnned

Quote:

Thrash I normally wouldnt lower myself with a response to you, but ill bite. I dont understand 1700 (unless youre talking 1700 CoC trophies which I can handle with ease - gold league 2 is nothing to me) but I only played AoE 1 + expansion (AoE 2 was incredibly wack and SWGB was better version in that time period)

im talking aoc you scrub. 2400 and top 30 get good amateur.

play a shit no aps no finesse p2w kiddie game tho better break out daddies credit card lardo get rejected on national tv scrublord

Last edited by Thrashtastic15 : 08-31-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Thrashtastic15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:22 PM   #20
Baby Joel
Sorry for ruining UG :(

Quote:
I only played AoE 1 + expansion (AoE 2 was incredibly wack

:/

://

:\
:/

:|