Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Rock & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
PinoyMetalNerd

Lightbulb IMAGINE: The Asian Colonization: The New Wave of rock, But who can lead it?

MY FELLOW ASIANS! OR ANYONE WITH A WIDE KNOWLEDGE ON THE ASIAN ROCK AND METAL SCENE...AN NEW WAVE IS UPON THE WEST, POP AND RAP ARE LEADING THE CHARTS BUT A NEW GROUP OF ARTISTS ARE READY TO KICK SERIOUS ASS ALA 1960s -1990s, THE NEW WAVE OF ASIAN ROCK AND METAL (Or should i say ASIAN OLONOATION) IS HERE! ITS IN YOUR FACE, IN SPOTIFY, IN THE GRAMMIES, IN TMZ, IN THE CHARTS AND LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY ITS SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE SHOW WITH STEPHEN O KIMMEL FALLON LENO! BUT WE MUST STRIKE BEFORE THE POSER K/J/SEA/C-POP ARTISTS MAKE US LOOK LIKE FOOLS! BRING OUT YOUR SEX PISTOLS, METALLICAS, NIRVANAS, MOTLE CRUES, ALICE IN CHAINS, LED ZEPS OF ASIA! WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR DECADES FOR THIS MOMENT! AND NOW ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE!

*cricket sounds...

Well so much for pressing the all caps button on my Ipad. This idea just came out a few days ago while watching a documentary about the Nwbhm movement. And because right now, mthe west are interested on asian culture (Especially Japan). Doesent it sound cool though? Having the next batch of influential and iconic bands come out of Asia and Seeing your country being known as the home of influential bands. I just feel that now is the time for a new rock rennesiance, some can say that rock int popular because its running out of ideas (and new ideas are just to bizzare and obscure for the mainstream), but they are just waiting for a new spark you know? Then again due to langguage barriers people may not care about it, but look at Rammstein! They lyrics are pure German but they are very poppular right now. But for those who have a extensive knowledge on the asian rock scene (this includes the middle east)How would it work since (in my opinion) radio stations and MTV isnt as powerfull as they were before, how long will it last? And what bands and countries would lead it? And what kind of rock/metal will they bring to the table? Personally, South East Asia (Especially my country the Philippines), India, The Middle East and Japan will have some great bands to lead. And if this was the 90s/early 2000s, the bands that can lead are Magane, X Japan, Dir En Grey (Japan) Eraserheds, Urbandub and Yani (Philippines) Sorry I dont have that much knowledge on asian rock and metal but thanks in advance for the ideas!
PinoyMetalNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #2
CherokeShredder
Banned

Damn it, you called it with Dir En Grey xD

Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Flow!, and Galneryus come to mind for me
CherokeShredder is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: