Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Technique Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-07-2003, 09:56 AM   #81
thebassmaster
Becoming Addicted Again

you sure you want g?

not

a e a d f# b

cause everything then is five steps dropped with the e down tuned a step.....

drop a (a e a d f# b)

ok, play bottom e on the 12th fret and open a, then detune the e string till it sounds the same as the a. then play the seventh fret on the newly tuned e string and open a, then detune the a string. then play the fifth fret on the a string, ,then open d, then detune the d string, then play the fifth fret on the d string, then open g and detune the g. now, play the FORTH on the g string (should now be tuned into a d) and open b, then detune the b, then play the fifth on the b string, and the high e, then detune the high e.

however, if you want g

ok, play bottom e on the 12th fret and open a, then detune the e string till it sounds the same as the a. then play the seventh fret on the newly tuned e string and open a, then detune the a string. then play the fifth fret on the a string, ,then open d, then detune the d string, then play the fifth fret on the d string, then open g and detune the g. now, play the fifth on the g string (should now be tuned into a d) and open b, then detune the b, then play the forth on the b string, and the high e, then detune the high e.

please could someone check the two?

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Old 08-07-2003, 11:19 AM   #82
kriz864
Banned

Location: Hell, after I led a mutiny against Satan and took over
I use AEADGB simply because a normal 7-string is BEADGBE- I just took off the last string and dropped from B to A like dropping from E to D.

BTW, I have an electric tuner, so I tune the low E-string by the tuner and tune the rest of the strings by ear.

Another good thing is that AEADGB with a capo at 2 is like a 7string, capo at 3 is like drop C tuning, capo at 4 is like drop Db/C#, etc.

Last edited by kriz864 : 08-07-2003 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:12 AM   #83
fighter_pilot
Hello Cobain, come on in.

um, a quick question....how do know WAT EXACTLY the standard tuning is?? i mean....err....i dunno how to explain it.....hmm. how do u know how tight the strings should be? how do u know that THAT TENSION is standard tuning, and that u're not a step down or watever? is there a way of knowing?

i hope u guys understand wat i'm tryin to ask lol

thanks
Old 08-08-2003, 07:07 AM   #84
thebassmaster
Becoming Addicted Again

i take it you havent got a tuner. well theres two things you could do

take a song (i take tenacious d) and tune it to that. the first chord is a) or

http://www.geocities.com/hack_ppls_...itar_tuning.mp3

^online tuner

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance

Rate This Thread: