Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > UG Contribution
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Rankles

Location: The sports team from my area is superior to the sports team from your area.
Suggestion Box Thread

The suggestion box is a thread devoted to article ideas and inspiration. In this thread you may suggest ideas, and use ones given. Whether you write columns or lessons, or you simply enjoy reading them, you?re always welcome in this thread. Everyone?s suggestion is welcome! The old suggestion box can be located here, as you will notice there is quite a bit of spam, this is why we have composed a series of rules, please follow them!

Suggestion Box Rules

1. Please do not suggest already mentioned topics!

Please check our column and lessons archive thoroughly before suggesting a column topic you would like to see written! It?s our goal to keep the archives as clean, and unique as possible.

2. Notify us when you have picked a topic!

If a particular column topic catches your eye and you?re interested in writing a column on it please post in the thread notifying us and the members. The last thing we want is multiple columns based on the same topic. It would be a shame for both the members writing and the readers!

3. Write columns you want to write!

Please do not use someone?s suggestion because you think it will receive a high star rating, along with flattering comments. Pick topics you know fairly well, and be sure that it inspires you!

4. Do not suggest biased article topics!

Please do not suggest or write articles based on a bias topic. One sided rants are not acceptable in our archive. It?s a simple concept to understand and follow, just keep your column original and be sure to include facts on both sides of the proposition.

5. Do not plagiarize!

If we catch you plagiarizing a column or lesson you will be given a warning. This is easy to follow, but you would be surprised how many disobey and steal others hard work. You may use quotes, and yes even article topics similar to theirs, but copying the article in its entirety is called plagiarizing and is not acceptable!

6. Check our archive first!

Look around the columns pages to make sure your article hasn't already been written.

7. Refrain from spamming!

Obviously, this thread is dedicated towards solid suggestion making and writing columns. All spam comments, and unnecessary comments will be deleted without notice and a warning will be handed out! Please keep it clean!

8. Suggest appropriately!

When suggesting an idea of any sorts do not be vague! Please try and include a detailed description, title, and any other information that appeals to the article in its entirety!

These eight rules were written by high voltage and will be enforced by Rankles, eeyoredragon, zappp, and high voltage! Follow these rules and you will be on your way to becoming an excellent columnist and a great contributor to UG!
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>

Last edited by high voltage : 03-15-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Rankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
slash_620
Drivin' at night

someone mentioned this in site feedback but this is a new threead so meh.

what if we had a weekly style column?

say like one week we had someone writing about what punk is and what bands there are and stuff like that.

anyone else think its a good idea?
Old 03-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
Rankles

Location: The sports team from my area is superior to the sports team from your area.
Elaborate more on what the columns would be about. We had a good set not long back that were genre specific where people wrote about a brief history of a genre and then suggested some good underground bands to listen to. Maybe we should start something like that again.
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Old 03-26-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
ctb

In the reviews, there could be a section on tablature or lesson books and magazines maybe.
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
slash_620
Drivin' at night

Quote:
Originally posted by Rankles
Elaborate more on what the columns would be about. We had a good set not long back that were genre specific where people wrote about a brief history of a genre and then suggested some good underground bands to listen to. Maybe we should start something like that again.

well the origanal idea was that it would be about what theory they used so maybe it could be like 'tips to write punk' or something like that.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Rankles

^ That's cool. I'll start a thread like that also.
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Old 04-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #7
Shreddy
Freak Show Excess

Location: Member #7 of the Fusion Shred club. Pm jasonbecker to join, and you'll get free cookies.
I think some one should write an article abou the history of UG, that would be interesting.
Pit Ninja #11
*The Fellowship of Eric Johnson* PM me to join.
Shreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
slash_620
Drivin' at night

^i've thought about asking for that but theres a breif histpry already somewhere(in an faq or something).

i'm not sure how much you could write abou
Old 04-25-2005, 12:35 AM   #9
Shreddy
Freak Show Excess

Location: Member #7 of the Fusion Shred club. Pm jasonbecker to join, and you'll get free cookies.
could someone post a link to that faq?
Pit Ninja #11
*The Fellowship of Eric Johnson* PM me to join.
Shreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:38 AM   #10
slash_pwns
I'm baaaaaack

Old 04-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #11
marchoso
Boom

Alright, get this. We have this token right? And when you put up an article/suggestion/feedback you get one. Then, you now have a token right? Well if you gather up the most at the end of [enter time period] you win something. Something wanted; some kind of woman perhaps. I know it's a stretch but it's possible. I know it's vague but anything will spice up this place at this time.

Just trying to get a few new faces here. Good ones.

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
marchoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:55 PM   #12
SilentDeftone
UG God

^ Kind of like the tabbing contest, where that one guy supposedly wins a Porsche every month?

College Dodgeball
SilentDeftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #13
marchoso
Boom

Bingo. Give 'em some motivation.

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
marchoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:33 PM   #14
SilentDeftone
UG God

Hopefully those already with lessons submitted can receive tokens. Perhaps we can also base it off the ratings of the lessons. That way we don't get an influx of crappy ones.

-SD

College Dodgeball
SilentDeftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:49 AM   #15
Danno13
Also a five-star chef.

How about an article on MTV's effect on popular music, and the decline and fall of guitar-based rock/metal?
Danno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:34 PM   #16
ghettohippygrrl

A) I want an article on strumming. Especially for acoustic.

B) I think the UG Lessons should get a DMusic account so they can add links to sounds in their articles. Let's be honest, seeing a bunch of Ds and Us or arrows to show up and down strums means a lot less if you can't hear it too. DMusic is free and you get 75 MB worth of space. A high bitrate wouldn't be needed for such MP3s and they'd be short, so you could probably cover all the new lessons with one account. I think we're teaching music, so we should be able to hear it. It would help greatly, IMO.

Old 05-17-2005, 04:30 AM   #17
chinko
Banned

ive seen on another forum where theyve partnered with imageshack, so when you post a new reply you get to host a number of images at imageshack, and dont need to start an account for it. i thought that would be good, and would stop alot of the comments on how to post pictures
chinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:29 AM   #18
Rankles

^ Imageshack is free anyway?
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Old 05-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #19
chinko
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Rankles
^ Imageshack is free anyway?

it is, i mean, where their upload an image bit is they also have a 'host on imageshack' part, which takes you to an imageshack page with the image links, thumbnails etc
chinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:18 PM   #20
ionlylookscary
meeko rocks and you don't

would it be cool if i did a history on acdc

and like i took this report i did for school and put it on ug even it some of my sources were ug like would people like that?

oh yeah rankles- ur not a nazi are you because ur little sinature thing or whatever says nazisms and i was just wondering and if youare iv got a few choice words picked out for you but if youre not then it kinda looks like thats what youre saying (or maybe its a joke and I just dont get it) whateva

member of the Seinfeld Fan Club --PM the_experience to join

WOOTERS!

Last edited by ionlylookscary : 05-24-2005 at 05:21 PM.
ionlylookscary is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: