Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
caiodorn

Question OLD Fernandes MIJ, explorer style, RARE - any information on it?

First post here, hi everyone

Well, my problem is quite simple... I've just bought an awesome vintage Fernandes guitar, in great shape and aged look, neck-thru construction, etc., which I can't find in ANY of Fernandes' catalogs. There are some very similar, but all of them are bolt-ons and have floyd-rose licensced bridges. By the pics you can see that mine is totally different, like as if it was some kind of custom model. I managed to find a very light serial number print under the bridge humbucker... and that's all.

I wonder if anyone has ever seen one of these and has some information to share... thanks in advance!

Last edited by caiodorn : 10-17-2014 at 07:56 PM.
caiodorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
mr.rs

It's an 85' FV-1. I've never seen one in person, and I've been collecting for years. I can say that about a lot of Fernandes though, so take it for what it's worth. Looks damn nice though.

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/...sb9c2d424.j pg
Old 10-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
caiodorn

Hi mr.rs, thanks a lot for your reply!

*it sounds great, by the way... you wouldn't believe how it sounds with those stock p'ups!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #4
caiodorn

It seems that the picture whose link you've posted here is all the information available on the whole internet lol

=|
Old 10-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #5
mr.rs

Keep searching, that's what I do. You have to think of other cunning ways than the usual websites. Search overseas forums and websites as well, whether you can read them or not.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #6
dannyalcatraz

Fernandes/Burny seem to release some oddballs & prototypes into the general marketplace. Whether that is intentional or not, I can't say. Some of them are demo models. I recently spotted an unmarked Ravelle somewhere. No question about what it was, though.

Age I know of a seller in eBay who is selling/has sold a few prototype Ravelles and Vulcans.

So what you have might be a prototype or demo model, not initially intended for sale, but taking up space that was needed for something else...

Looks like a nice score, too!

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:17 AM   #7
royc
gitarista

have you tried looking at the fernandes catalog archive?

http://www.fernandes.co.jp/catalog/
Old 10-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #8
caiodorn

Sure, it just happened that I missed that small guitar placed in that single page off 85' guitar catalog...

By the way, 79 guitars.. that's a hell of a high number hahaha congrats, mr.rs... I'll get to the two digits one day

Rate This Thread: