Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
crarchu

Identification help

Hello. I have owned this guitar for several years but I could never figure out what brand it is. The previous owner put a couple coats of cheap purple paint on it and there is no identifying marks of its manufacture. I even removed the neck to see if maybe there was a serial number there. Nothing found. Can this be identified by the headstock shape? It almost looks like a Cort but I can not be certain. It weighs approx. 8 lbs. The neck plays nicely but the neck and middle pick up leave something to be desired. It used to be my primary instrument for jamming but has taken a back seat once I acquired my 2004 Fender Jaguar (my mistress). I plan to keep it and once funds allow I would like to tinker with it. Just curious if I could find out what the heck it is lol. How does a person determine what kind of wood the body is made of?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150510_160241.jpg (14.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150510_160403.jpg (36.3 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by crarchu : 05-10-2015 at 10:22 PM.
crarchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
chmoliver

After looking at the pictures and before reading, I was thinking that's a Cort neck. No way to say for sure based on that... just about everyone owns a jigsaw!

Do any of the electronics have any markings? Same deal, just about everyone has a soldering iron and pickups are cheap, but you never know!

Once you decide to tinker with it, throw some paint thinner or stripper on the headstock and see if the paint comes off to show the manufacturer.
chmoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #3
crarchu

Thanks for the input. The paint thinner is something to try. I know its nothing special but I just want to relieve my curiosity.
crarchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: