Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-13-2006, 12:30 AM   #41
fleaflicker182
Lethargy be thy game

What about when you are in my situation, when you crit around 4 or 5 people's songs that have crit 4 crit in the thread title, and I don't get any replies at all even though I leave a link in my post? Is my music really that bad? Maybe I'll take it as a compliment that nobody can find fault with my music. Yet if that is the case, why don't I have a recording contract and millions of dollars? I get the same thing in the songwriting and lyrics forum. I put alot of time and effort into my music and lyrics people!

In short- will someone please give me validation.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:13 AM   #42
Necrolust
My username is stupid

Location: Inside di caprios dreams while he's dreaming about me being in his dream about dreaming about being in his dream
The crit for crit should be changed to " If you scratch my back i'll scratch yours".
Few people care about the music , they just want to be critted so they post a reply and their song in request to crit them back . but what happens if a song sucks ass and you crit honestly ? i mean to post that it sucks and then post your song ? I'll tell you what happens , he won't crit back cause you gave him / her an honest crit and not a fake good one , I mean , telling him that the song rules although it sucks. So that means that if the person doesnt get a good reply with good words he won't even open the thread to see the song you made.
So therefore the person doesnt crit and the ug'ers have to post a fake good reply in order to get a crit from the person with the crappy song , meaning that the person critting your crappy song doesnt care about the music nor about the effort you gave in making that song.
So what should we do?
there is ofcourse the possibility to leave a good comment with all the details and the person you critted doesnt crit back . What do you do? you cant post a second reply requesting a critique cause that's totally gay .
Take my words into consideration and reply to me with a complete answer.

PS . People here making music depend on the opinion of others . Giving false hope and fake crits is preposterous.

My Music

My Playing Skills

Last edited by Necrolust : 07-12-2006 at 06:22 AM.
Necrolust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:36 AM   #43
wmzbomgzors
UG's Pothead Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrolust
The crit for crit should be changed to " If you scratch my back i'll scratch yours".
Few people care about the music , they just want to be critted so they post a reply and their song in request to crit them back . but what happens if a song sucks ass and you crit honestly ? i mean to post that it sucks and then post your song ? I'll tell you what happens , he won't crit back cause you gave him / her an honest crit and not a fake good one , I mean , telling him that the song rules although it sucks. So that means that if the person doesnt get a good reply with good words he won't even open the thread to see the song you made.
So therefore the person doesnt crit and the ug'ers have to post a fake good reply in order to get a crit from the person with the crappy song , meaning that the person critting your crappy song doesnt care about the music nor about the effort you gave in making that song.
So what should we do?
there is ofcourse the possibility to leave a good comment with all the details and the person you critted doesnt crit back . What do you do? you cant post a second reply requesting a critique cause that's totally gay .

PS . People here making music depend on the opinion of others . Giving false hope and fake crits is preposterous.

well honest people would give the negatives and the positives, and help out the threadstarter instead of just saying what they thought. Like saying, "you did this well, and you did this well, you need to work a bit on this and this, here are some lessons from ug that would help."
Old 08-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #44
Nickm13
Dont Step in The Bull****

oops, sorry. im new to this, i didnt know posting on my own thread would make it come to the top, i wont do it again. but hey, now i know!
Nickm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #45
Yakult
Never You Mind

There's a real problem at the moment with people posting a bare bones "crit" in someone's thread when they blatantly haven't even listened, and then expect a crit in return. That's really not on. If you want to be part of the community then give as well as take.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #46
roserobert

when do these rules go into effect because if u look at the orginial recordings section there is one member who has done this a number of times n his songs are still at the top
roserobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #47
King_Arthur
UG Member

That happens to me all the time,

then there are other situations.

Like if your not allowed to download music from dmusic and stuff then its hard to give them a crit (this has never been the case for me) but I imagine it is a problem to some. Thats why it's better to put your song somewhere like myspace or a personal website where you song can be played right there

The one and only god.
King_Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #48
King_Arthur
UG Member

Theres a differenence between "OMFG YOU SUCK SO MUCH THROW THIS IN THE TRASH!%$#!^!"

and "Thats needs some improving...you could do something at the 20 sec mark...."

stuff like that. False hope doesn't mean burning there hope too ashes, its discouraging and stufff.

The one and only god.
King_Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:45 AM   #49
gallagher2006
UG Addict

Well, to deal with this problem, if someone gives me a bare bones crit, I just don't crit back. If they want a crit, they should put the effort in to find something to improve on.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #50
Necrolust
My username is stupid

Location: Inside di caprios dreams while he's dreaming about me being in his dream about dreaming about being in his dream
^ exactly. My threads with my songs in em go extinct in like 12 hours with 1 or 2 crits in them. Bullshit, I definately know that my songs deserve more.

My Music

My Playing Skills
Necrolust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #51
ch715dallat
BTBAM=Godly

i hate people that will go in and just go 'that was great i loved riff 4 crit mine www.ult....'

god thats annoying especially if you go into a thread and make a detailed crit and then you see people above you with them bent ass crits and the TS still crits them back so as not to be an ass. like if someone crits a song of mine like thats and asks for a return crit, i will do it so as not to appear a dickhead but its really pisses me off
ch715dallat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:28 PM   #52
NovemberRain273
I don't like Guns n Roses

No no the best ones are "I liked it. Crit mine?" or "Nice! Crit mine?"

To those, I don't give a crit back at all. I just ignore the post. Now, if they at least show that they actually listened to the song, I will give a crit back, whether or not it was helpful, just out of common courtesy.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

NovemberRain273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:24 AM   #53
ChuckV
Devin Townsend Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrolust
So what should we do?

Ahh, I think that you are right, but It can be a challenge seeing as there are so many different ranges of skill amongst the forumers, don't worry I know you're right, but sometimes I feel bad for some of the guitar players who may have very potential, but can't give adequate reviews to those better than them, and may get information from the wrong people, and thus never get assistance in improving, I know that It might sound strange, but I feel like for a while this happened to me.

So I'd suggest to some of the more gifted players out there, Throw some dogs a bone! there's are some players on here that have GREAT potential, and maybe we should all just share wisdom a little more loosely from time to time.

No false modesty either, I don't think it's condescending to give advice to anyone if you can hear obvious problems, that you in your history of playing have corrected yourself....

HOpe I don't sound lame, just I think there are some people who could use some valuble critiques...
Old 09-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #54
chrisatgrace
I've got two legs

i try to give honest crits. sometimes (with necrolusts stuff) it's hard to give a decent crit, because it all sounds flippin' awsome. but, especially with nubes, i try to use a gentle touch.

then you'll like my band!

http://www.indecisivefew.com

...i still like big letters...
chrisatgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #55
chea_man
no more record deal

i must say i have been critting a few peoples songs and havent gotten any crits back after a few days. i must i did bump my thread (i hadnt really read these rules, even though i know you should read the rules and i know thats no excuse.) i was hoping an apology here would make up for it, so for what its worth, im sorry.
theres also someone who keeps spamming my thread telling me not to bump. which doesnt make any sense.
chea_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #56
shinedown98

would it be considered wrong to say i have a thread and gotten some comments on the track, some ON thread, others in profile, (i also try to crit, so im not that guy) but i did the track with distortion now as a lot of people seemed to say i should try, and id like to put it back up to have them or others decide if this is better or worse, etc and make a new thread for the second version rather then posting in my own...probably a dumb question but dont wanna make it look like im tryin to loop hole the rules by making a new thread, so what would i do in this situation?
shinedown98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:31 AM   #57
Bill43
I like it here

^ as long as you're in the 2 songs per 7 day rule... I wouldn't have a problem with a new thread on it.

If you were trying to "tweak" a song for a specific sound... I would suggest putting it in the same thread... if you were at the 2 song limit. If not, then just post a link from one thread to another so people can figure out what you're trying to do.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #58
rushie

I'll find this whole thing about critting riddiculous, i'm not long a member here
and in the beginning a critted many people here on their music, that same people
not critted back, to be honest i didn't read any rules at the beginning..

I find that people have to choose freely to crit someone's music, otherwise it's
like saying, i give you a lolly but you have to give me one back.. childisch
people have to come back with there own energy to do something then acting
lazy and to do everything by the book.. by the way i don't give a damn here
already anymore..

i'm done with this
goodby
rushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #59
Bill43
I like it here

^ Wow... who peed in your Corn Flakes?

The C4C thing is a courtesy to some people, but I feel it should be the way it used to be. If you wanted to critique a song... you di. If you didn't... oh well.

Regardless, I think you feel as though you've been slighted somehow. You gave out critiques and didn't receive any?

Sorry, but it does happen sometimes. Just relax and try to have a good time.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #60
rushie

Thanks bill,

you now how to cheer people up, i'm mostly a positive guy but sometimes
i have to react negative because i'm a human too hahaha

thanks man
rushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: