Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #81
monwobobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaune92
Couldn't you guys add some rules on the front page on how to crit. Because Funkytonkys for instance clearly don't know how to crit. Also, there seem to be very few that crits "unprovoked", meaning they only crit back. There's only 1 out of 7 that critted mine who did it "unprovoked". And that guy didn't even crit, he just said, "Yeah I too thought he did a good job...".

Sorry if this is just a rant, but it has always been in both this and in the T&C forum that nearly all my crits were repays of C4C's.

No, you should post a detailed crit on other people's threads. Then they'll return the favor; simple as pie.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see that the post I quoted was more than 2 years old.

this is probably the toughest section of the forum to get replies. i don't think you can say someone doesn't know how to crit a song thats not really fair. some people are better at expressing themselves than others. also if others have pointed out flaws or good parts already then rehashing is pointless. i've found that just being around so people recognize your name helps as well.
monwobobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #82
v2a2n2g2
Our Empire is a Grave

Hmmm C4Cing used to work greatly in the past. I've also NEVER missed a C4C request(maybe once, but that was when my computer was broken). I also critted pretty much with my own opinion, I never done a half ass job at listening. I had alot reply's back then(idk maybe 2006-2008) than now. There's other folks now who don't even ask for C4C and they still get listens. It's either I've acquired a bad reputation, or there's a bunch of fags who have no respect for the word "C4C" It aggravates the shit out of me, honestly. There are dudes that visit my page but still no word. I guess I must not be well liked here lol.

Line 6 Spider Valve
Washburn MG-44 w/ Seymour Duncans and Coil Split
Douglas Grendel 725
Digitech RP350

Check out my choons: http:/soundcloud.com/samvang

Last edited by v2a2n2g2 : 03-31-2010 at 09:18 PM.
v2a2n2g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:26 PM   #83
Sami Philadelph
UG Member

Well...
Last thing I posted got 30 unique replies without me having to bump it every 3 seconds
On the other hand, I dropped critiques on probably all 30 of the listeners...

I know some of you are dead serious arguing about not getting enough replies when all you did was post a youtube of you playing the intro to Crazy Train.

People respond to what they like, I know plenty of people posting Metalcore GP tabs that get more replies than me without C4Cing, but you all have to understand also that posting up your experimental suicidal black metal core band might not be the most popular thing since sliced bread.

What I'm getting at here is.
Necrobump my threads
and tell me how sexy I am
and maybe, just maybe, I will piss on your UG Career and you will be famous from here to 4chan.

Lol...nah seriously though.
C4Cing has worked for me so far.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:36 PM   #84
v2a2n2g2
Our Empire is a Grave

It's not always some crazy Folk/Ambient/Prog/Black/Jazz/Black(..core, lol) but I guess I your right about that. I'm just questioning why C4C isn't as good for me anymore, I've seem some guys posting around into things they wouldn't listen to, and they get returns too, well not all the time but still.... It guess doesn't matter though, my music sounds good to me and I guess having satisfication in your own music is what matters most (could be wrong though :/

Line 6 Spider Valve
Douglas Grendel 725
Digitech RP350

Old 03-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #85
Sami Philadelph
UG Member

Nah...having satisfaction in your own music will not sell records...
HAHA...
Seriously though.
I really wasn't referring to you in my earlier post outside of the fact that I do think C4C works to some extent. Lots of people simply don't return the favor. But also, you have to be proactive in posting on other peoples stuff instead of waiting for someone to post on yours and then returning the favor. I guess initiative is what I'm getting at.

But you could be doing all that and still get no replies, I really don't know your situation. I do remember posting on your stuff way back in 09 because I liked it...it was some thrash song.

I also see that unlike on alot of sites your quality will hold you back. If your tone is not right and you dont have pro-demo quality (sm57 miced amps or direct input into a modeler) you will suffer. People here the noise from the recording and before it can even kick in they're off your shit. I know because I have to tell myself to stick through some of these 8track cassette ass recordings sometimes. Dont even get me started on the tone*****s here, I swear. They'll get on your ass because your 500mhz frequency isn't loud enough. Wtf is that?

UGers are just some picky ass mofos.

Keep on truckin' though...
If the music is good, its good, period.
If it isn't, I'd suggest picking up a gimmick.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #86
v2a2n2g2
Our Empire is a Grave

Haha well if someone were already selling records, they wouldn't be here! lol This is really is just a place to show off and feel like those big bands though 'cause most of us aren't signed to a record label and almost no one here is on tour, amiright. lol idk

Line 6 Spider Valve
Douglas Grendel 725
Digitech RP350

Old 03-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #87
Sami Philadelph
UG Member

LOL
I'm on an internet tour, I go from here to Ultimate Metal.com to Metal Storm, and the back around. :P
Old 03-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #88
v2a2n2g2
Our Empire is a Grave

There you go! Internet Metallica ftw lol

Line 6 Spider Valve
Douglas Grendel 725
Digitech RP350

Old 06-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #89
john22
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Philadelph
LOL
I'm on an internet tour, I go from here to Ultimate Metal.com to Metal Storm, and the back around. :P

So.. only 3 different forums?
john22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #90
ankthebank

Hi, I'm just wondering if I'm allowed to post a link for one of my friend's original recordings on here - he's amazing, but doesn't want to create, or have a UG account (he's crazy!).
ankthebank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #91
CheesePopcorn
UG's Bowl Of Popcorn

What does c4c mean

E-Adopted by MakinLattes

Download My Original Songs here!!
CheesePopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #92
jof1029
GO HOKIES!

crit for crit. it means if you review someones work, they will review yours. and vice versa of course.

I have donated 3920 grains of rice!
jof1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #93
Adam124
UG's Brian Badonde

I hate when you leave a pretty decent post on someones song and when they crit your own song all they say is "good job".

That's not a god damn crit! It pisses me off
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Adam124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #94
TechnicolorType
<33333333334567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam124
I hate when you leave a pretty decent post on someones song and when they crit your own song all they say is "good job".

That's not a god damn crit! It pisses me off

Agreed. I spend time with what I say so they could at least do the same.. but I'd take a "good job" over nothing. I've posted 20+ critiques (on c4c topics) and asked for one in return and only 3 of them ever posted back. Can't seem to get any replies.
TechnicolorType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #95
MegaSteelMaiden
GlidingonGlss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGuitar
^ Bumping is posting in your own thread... yeah, making a new thread is obviously not allowed lol, but bumping is posting in your own thread in order to send it back to the top of the forum.

priest.fan - As I said, if it's something worthwhile and relevant... e.g. defending your work, or if you honestly don't understand what someone means etc then fair enough... and you can say thanks in there. But if it's just a "thanks, anymore?" comment, then go crit and send a PM

EDIT:
Maybe a naughty & nice list could be made... similar to that of "who to listen to" in Musician Talk? List those that never crit others, and those that always do... in addition to the crit exchange system of course. I dunno, probably wouldn't work with the amount of people that come through R&R on a casual basis... just throwing ideas around.

Are we allowed to answer questions?
MegaSteelMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #96
MetalMan51

My song for a competition, let me know what you think of it!~
MetalMan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #97
semus
Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMan51
My song for a competition, let me know what you think of it!~

^^^ should i report?

my band - The Real Go-Getters - ty
semus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #98
fendercopyuser
Banned

C4c is for noobs.
fendercopyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #99
Zeppelin71
Thats my new thing, bozo.

errmmm, I stopped critting for critting. Now I just crit. I crit all over people. But seriously, I might have just bumped my own post. Well, there's no "might" about it. It happened. Didn't mean to, hand to god. I'm just used to FB updates on the band page. So. . .no hard feelings? It'll go away in a few hours anyway. Or sooner if the thread gets yanked. Which, now, I'm decently sure will happen.

Zeppelin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:24 AM   #100
sjones
UG's Analrapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin71
errmmm, I stopped critting for critting. Now I just crit. I crit all over people. But seriously, I might have just bumped my own post. Well, there's no "might" about it. It happened. Didn't mean to, hand to god. I'm just used to FB updates on the band page. So. . .no hard feelings? It'll go away in a few hours anyway. Or sooner if the thread gets yanked. Which, now, I'm decently sure will happen.

Haha, well other than the obvious fact we're in the same band:

Bumping with some sort of legit update about "band news" or whatnot is actually ok (at least in PYB rules, I assume this forum too.)

You're fine broheed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: