Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-25-2005, 10:42 PM   #1
thebassmaster
Becoming Addicted Again

June 2005 Tab of the month - June

Okay, after noone doing a tab, I decided to take it upon myself to do one. So I started looking for a song in which people would start playing when they pick up their guitar. We all have them, the moment you pick it up, you immediately play the same song you always do. So i decided to do a Muse song. It narrowed down to "New Born" or "In Your world.".... I chose

MUSE - IN YOUR WORLD

Biography - Taken from www.allmusic.com

The English rock trio Muse consists of guitarist/vocalist Matthew Bellamy, bassist Chris Wolstenhome and drummer Dominic Howard. Bored by the sleepy life their hometown of Teignmouth, Devon provided, the three friends began playing music together. They started the first incarnation of their band when they were all 13, changing the name of the group from Gothic Plague to Fixed Penalty to Rocket Baby Dolls as time passed. By 1997 the band settled on the name Muse and released their self-titled debut EP on Dangerous Records, followed by the Muscle Museum EP in 1998. The group's emotive, Radiohead-like sound and live dates drew critical acclaim and industry buzz, and after a trip to New York's CMJ festival, Muse signed a deal with Maverick Records. Singles like "Cave" and "Uno" preceded their debut full-length album Showbiz, which was released toward the end of 1999. Two years later, Muse issued The Origin of Symmetry and had a major hit with "Hyper Music." In 2002, fans were treated to the double-disc live set Hullabaloo. Muse's fourth album, Absolution, got the usual royal treatment upon its late-2003 release. Stateside fans finally got a taste of Absolution when it was released on Warner Bros. the following March. A short North American tour in the spring coincided Muse's spot on the fifth annual Coachella Music and Arts Festival in May 2004.

The Tab
Difficulty Rating:
Guitar = 3/10 (anyone clarify this?) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs...ld_ver4_tab.htm
Bass = 2/10 http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs...d_ver3_btab.htm <--- I dont understand why its got one star, the only thing hes got wrong is the order, unless hes tabbed the version of hullabaloo (sp?) then hes 100% right!
Piano = 6/10 http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs...ld_ver4_tab.htm

Like I said, I didnt go for a difficult song, just a fun to play one. If noone does next month, Ill pick a harder one.

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Old 05-26-2005, 05:50 AM   #2
Andrewbiles

Cheers for this Matt.
The guitar tab seems pretty good to me, although I don't remember how the longer tapping part goes, so can't tell if that bits good or not.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Old 05-26-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
ctb

Nice choice, good song. The bass tab deserves more stars.

The 1st and the last link are the same, is that right

Last edited by ctb : 05-26-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
thebassmaster
Becoming Addicted Again

lol yup, i realised that tab had a piano part in it as well....so i linked it to both..... so all of you better start learning the piano

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
Old 05-27-2005, 07:44 PM   #5
wilty00
From a Distance.

Yeah andrew sorry bout not submiutting the TOTM I've got exams next week.. ill be able to do it when school's out for sure Sorry bout that. Nice job though Matt. I've never realy hard anything by Muse.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #6
boba899
Im Burning Star IV

Cool song, cheers
Old 07-17-2005, 07:02 AM   #7
adam c
UG Newbie

the tab of the month for august is gonne be adam c looking for a new pee pee!!

i got no dick

Andrew EDIT: Do not quote

Last edited by andrewbiles : 07-18-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
tntyler826

Tab to "Jet"

Some one needs to listen to "Jet - Look What You've Done" and tab it out i would really like to learn the song but ive only been playin for 5 weeks so i have no clue where to start tabbing it out so if anybody here gets board that'd be cool if some one would work on that.

thanks
ty.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:42 PM   #9
thebassmaster
Becoming Addicted Again

wow, i go away, come back... and its still here

i'll try and do another this weekend.

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #10
Andrewbiles

Haha yeah, haven't got around to doing one yet (forgot about it all together really). Would be great if you could do another at some point.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic

Rate This Thread: