Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
thrash17
Metallica

...Like Clockwork one year later

In its not June 4th yet so its not a year but IIRC they were streaming it on iTunes for free about a week or so before the release. anyways when I heard the album the first time on June 4th I thought it was easily one of the best rock albums of the 21st century and now a year later I think it is one of the greatest albums of all time. The album speaks to you, you can feel the emotions and I still get the chills whenever I hear I appear missing and the solo in that song. this album personally got me through some rough times and carried me through this past year. Definitely not the heaviest qotsa record but their most emotional and deepest record to date. It was definitely worth the wait and lived up to the hype IMO. Made queens become one of my favorite bands and gave me hope that there is still good rock and roll out there in today's world.

Your thoughts one year later??
thrash17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
LynchMobster
UG's Volume Dealer

i always liked the band for their singles, but never really got into their albums. However, after i heard this album i had to seek out all their stuff. Josh Homme has now become one of my favorite musicians and ...Like Clockwork is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. I think it deserves all the praise it has received.

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
LynchMobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
Jmoarguitar
Given'r

My thoughts remain the same. I acknowledge that it's a great album but I like my QOTSA nice and heavy. I think while this album is much slower paced it still holds onto that touch of insanity that we've come to expect from them, and that is a really great thing. It is probably my 4th or 5th choice when it comes to Queens' discography, just because I vastly prefer their heavier stuff, not because the songs on here are bad.

Songs for the Deaf and Rated R will likely always be my favourite. I've had the cd's for years and they still make a frequent rotation in my car. Songs like Quick and To the Pointless are what makes me love them
Old 05-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
thrash17
Metallica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchMobster
i always liked the band for their singles, but never really got into their albums. However, after i heard this album i had to seek out all their stuff. Josh Homme has now become one of my favorite musicians and ...Like Clockwork is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. I think it deserves all the praise it has received.

Same with me. at first the only songs I knew were the hits. I saw the countless articles about queens here on UG every single damn day and I decided to get more into their music. And I'm glad I did because they have really changed my life.

Also the put on the best show I've seen. Saw them in December in Brooklyn and it was a blizzard outside. the place was still full and they sounded exactly like they did on the album. "Song for the dead" is then perfect outro song live. they're playing at a club in July I believe and I would definitely go and see them again and I cannot wait for a new record.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
ImDesigner

Still a great ****ing album, great addition to the catalog. But I will agree I like the heavier, droned and faded queens better. I was really disappointed that there wasnt as much jamming as their usually is but its awesome to see him trying different shit and doing it so ****ing well.
ImDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
thrash17
Metallica

Bump for the one year anniversary tomorrow!!!!! (
Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #7
sovaso
All-American Ninja

Great Album, I Appear Missing hits probably number 4 on my favorite QOTSA songs, I Sat by the Ocean also get up there pretty high, but no songs on the album beat 3's and 7's, Make it Wit Chu, or No One Knows. This is my personal opinion and is highly subjective.
sovaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
iwannabesedated
UG's King Sombra

It's my third favorite Qotsa album after Rated R and SFTD.

Some great stuff.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
MeGaDeth2314
UG Addict

Kind of off topic but here is a cool jazz cover of Hanging Tree.

Songs for the Deaf is still my favorite.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:33 AM   #10
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
freak out...

^ head tripp man...

Absolutely loved ...Like Clockwork. Almost to death, literally. The first time I listened to this album was in a car and during the jam of the last track, somebody almost sideswiped me.

I was surprised how good this album was. Sexy yet meaningful at the same time. It's still a staple to my everyday music.

I'm totally stoked. Got tickets to their Halloween show. It's supposed to be their closer to the ...Like Clockwork tour. It's gonna be totally wicked.
M00NAGEDAYDREAM is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: