Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #61
Wounded Hamster
Red Iron Chili Maidens

No, Iron Maiden are not 'daemonic' or satanic or whatever, they did a direct parody of all that in 'Still Life' where they put some nonsense backwards lyrics at the start, just to piss off the media. They've said many times that they don't worship Satan or anything, it's just songs.
Wounded Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:56 PM   #62
Keegs22
???

^ Yeah, and all the fuss about The Number Of The Beast ... it's about a gaddamn dream, people.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:06 AM   #63
Jack3n665.5

Quote:
Originally posted by neo1123
no JANICK GERS, not jannet(you must be new to maiden),he did not leave, he also wrote "Dance of Death"

I have been listening to older stuff from the "classic line up" but yes I just listened to Dance of Death for the first time today and was amazed, I thought it would suck but it was pretty kick ass.
Jack3n665.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #64
Coolvortex

Hey guys, just watched the rock am ring concert on tv (since I couldn't go see them when they were here in italy) and I liked the concert even if there were only songs from the early period.
There's a strange thing about the concert though... does someone know why adrian almost never does solos, and when he does his guitar has such low volume that you can barely distinguish the solo from rythm? It's really strange... also considering the fact that sometimes janick does parts of dave's solos while dave's supposed to do them (like in phantom of the opera)... after all adrian should be the best of the three guitarists (and janick in my opinion is not that great)
Coolvortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 AM   #65
The Oceanborn
The Son Of Evil

^yeah very true, found that strange myself
Adrian still does a few solos, but I think he even ****s up the Number of Beast solo
it's also true about the sound problems, that was terrible
maybe not that good to have three guitarists
did I see correctly that most of the time only two guitarists were playing and one left the stage?
mir ist kalt...
The Oceanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #66
Iouri
"Me and Mr.Johnson"

He does the Wicker Man solo...And the volume is not low at all...
Old 06-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #67
Coolvortex

Quote:
Originally posted by The Oceanborn
^yeah very true, found that strange myself
Adrian still does a few solos, but I think he even ****s up the Number of Beast solo
it's also true about the sound problems, that was terrible
maybe not that good to have three guitarists
did I see correctly that most of the time only two guitarists were playing and one left the stage?

Well actually having three guitarists is great, since all three have more freedom and everything... but I don't know, considering he doesn't do the solo in number of the beast very well I could assume he wasn't in the right shape that day and they just lowered his volume. That's why I'm curious to know if that happened at the other concerts too...

Oh and Iouri, you're probabily referring to rock in rio, but we're talking about this years' rock am ring, which was in germany.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:13 PM   #68
SorrowIsMe
Unknown

Poor Maiden crew.....got their asses kicked in a friendly soccer match agaist Satyricon 8-1.

RIP Maiden
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
SorrowIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:35 PM   #69
Wounded Hamster
Red Iron Chili Maidens

8-1? Against some Norwegians? And the Norwegians didn't even have John Carew or Tore Andre Flo?

Maiden should be ashamed of themselves. At least they beat Radio 1 like 6-1.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #70
d0bbit
SwornTyrant

Quote:
Originally posted by arsonite
I'm really into Bruce Dickenson's solo work lately. Holy **** he can do crazy things to his voice. You should check out the solo cd.
why shoudl we lsiten to you... cmon u listen to slipknot
d0bbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 03:00 PM   #71
Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SorrowIsMe
Poor Maiden crew.....got their asses kicked in a friendly soccer match agaist Satyricon 8-1.

RIP Maiden

Owned!

Quote:
At least they beat Radio 1 like 6-1.

Then I'd like to see Satyricon meet Radio 1!
Bilzzard_of_Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:49 AM   #72
SdKfz
Engulfed in Molten Breath

Angry

Read this, it may piss you off:

All the studio abums after Powerslave really suck, except some tracks like Evil that Men do, Be Quick or be Dead and a few others. I know that this post will piss a load of people off, but after the Fear of the Dark release, it is not Iron Maiden anymore.

And three guitarists are tooooo many. In many tracks of Dance of Death and Brave New World, they seem to have only one or two guitars or they are all playing the same notes in the Riffs. McBrain sucks now, he's playing **** in those albums!

I don't know, man, they have changed very much, when I see Poweslave or two Minutes to Midnight from the Live After Death video, I can't believe that the last two albums of Iron Maiden are made by them...
SdKfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:29 AM   #73
Wounded Hamster
Red Iron Chili Maidens

Oi, SSoaSS ruled, possibly their best album. And Powerslave is a little overrated.

Basically, there are 3 or 4 stages Maiden have been through, and opinions vary on what was good and what wasn't. You obviously aren't a fan of Bayley and post-Bayley, in the same way that I know many who will only listen to that stuff, above the Di'anno and 80s Dickinson years.

I personally find some things to appreciate in any of the Maiden 'eras', they're later stuff for instance is more theatrical and perhaps atmospheric than the early albums.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:54 AM   #74
The Oceanborn
The Son Of Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by SorrowIsMe

RIP Maiden

well that's no surprise at all

BRITISH SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!!!

mir ist kalt...
The Oceanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:31 PM   #75
Coolvortex

Quote:
Originally posted by SdKfz
Read this, it may piss you off:

All the studio abums after Powerslave really suck, except some tracks like Evil that Men do, Be Quick or be Dead and a few others. I know that this post will piss a load of people off, but after the Fear of the Dark release, it is not Iron Maiden anymore.

And three guitarists are tooooo many. In many tracks of Dance of Death and Brave New World, they seem to have only one or two guitars or they are all playing the same notes in the Riffs. McBrain sucks now, he's playing **** in those albums!

I don't know, man, they have changed very much, when I see Poweslave or two Minutes to Midnight from the Live After Death video, I can't believe that the last two albums of Iron Maiden are made by them...

I have to say personally I like all maiden's albums the same, there are some better ones but overall it's all great stuff. But I have to admit that there have been different stages in maiden's career and someone who has never listened to maiden, could think Prowler, The trooper, Wasted years, Fear of the dark, Futureal and Blood Brothers are from 6 different bands, wouldn't it be for dave's solos which overall sound pretty similar and for bruce's voice (and not so much, because he sounds a lot different in no prayer for the dying and fear of the dark), so it's just a matter of taste, you could like one "band" and not another one. Also consider that Steve and dave are the only members that were there all the time, for the rest, it's a lot different lineups
Old 07-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #76
Contraband
Within the Realm

My friend went to see them with Mastodon as opener and according to her it was "the best ****in' show ever". Not sure how well Mastodon fit in with Maiden though.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:40 PM   #77
masterofmuppets
Too Drunk

Bah, I'd rather listen to Mastodon than ****ing Maryiln Manson who is supporting Maiden in Dublin. Don't know who the special guests are though...
masterofmuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #78
Bruce Dickinson
UG's Iron Maiden Fan

Maiden Rock so much.
Bruce Dickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:09 AM   #79
mastershredder4
UG's Iron Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by d0bbit

ya..dumb ass

quote:
Originally posted by LiquidX
Clapton is the guy who played guitar for the Bee-gee's right?
mastershredder4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:54 AM   #80
SdKfz
Engulfed in Molten Breath

Quote:
Originally posted by Contraband
My friend went to see them with Mastodon as opener and according to her it was "the best ****in' show ever". Not sure how well Mastodon fit in with Maiden though.

Yeah, I went to see them too in Athens, on June the 21. It was great stuff really, I was 3 meters from the stage. I couldn't believe my eyes, seeing Steve and Janick running around!

Very ****in great!!!

My ears where ringing after that, but they where really ****in great, becasue they played songs only from the first 4 albums.!

Up the Irons !!!
SdKfz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: