Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Other
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #1
bast1981

Film Score

Hi,

Just want to know if others people like film score here too. Most people would call them modern classical music. Anyway i like listening to them in the car and people just don't get my love for film score or "Classical" music. They're like this is so boring. That is what my father told me tonight when he was in the car with me. I was listening to my twister score.

When i listen to my Exorcist 2 score the song "Regan's theme". I just picture little Regan who is an innocent child who deal with an evil. The female voice really add to it. It's like a church choir. The scores i have is Twister, Bram Stocker's Dracula, Exorcist, Exorcist 2.

When i listen to a score i see the movie in my head like Carol Anne's theme from Poltergeist. Is it a lullaby. I just picture a little girl in my head, playing having fun. Poltergeist III end credit is a sad and mournfoul piano piece because the film is dedicated to Heather o'rourke who died before the movie relase.

It does not matters to me that people don't like the music i listen to. I'm a metal fan and a lot of my music is semi-underground.
bast1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:42 AM   #2
akunohana20151

I do love most of David Lynch's film scores. A lot of the stuff written by his go-to guy, Angelo Badalamenti is some of my favourite music of all time

Some are more jazz orientated than classical, so they may not be your kinda scene perhaps, but i'll post up a couple, just in case you've not heard if before.

Theme from Fire Walk With Me

End Credits on Fire Walk With Me ( Luigi Cherubini's Requiem in C Minor - Part 8: Agnus Dei )

Fred's World ( Lost Highway )

Theme from Mullholland Drive

Ghost of Love ( Inland Empire )
This has singing on it, but still part of the soundtrack

Kubrick had a lot of great pieces on his films also. Two particularly famous ones, again, if you've not heard them before - i'll post them here, just in case

Opening theme to The Shining

The Masked Ball ( Eyes Wide Shut )

Italian 70s Prog Synth band The Goblin ( among others in their field ) had a big hand in helping a lot of the infamous zombie and cannibal films of that era get famous, by writing many pieces of music for those films.

For example:

These may be exclusively Claudio Simonetti, rather than Goblin, but they're a good representation of the general style.

One of the sweetest, prettiest pieces of film score, for one of the ghastliest films ever made
Riz Ortolani ( Theme for Cannibal Holocaust )

Last edited by akunohana20151 : 04-07-2016 at 05:44 AM.
akunohana20151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
koshaughnesssy

Film scores are AWESOME!!

That was actually my major at Berklee. The work that goes into creating music for movies is absolutely astounding. And there are so many creative composers out there.

I don't do much score myself any more but I try to incorporate at least a little bit of that drama and theatricality into everything I do write.

So awesome to find other people who dig that music too!

Get your free download at:
www.kevinomusiconline.com
koshaughnesssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
bast1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by akunohana20151
I do love most of David Lynch's film scores. A lot of the stuff written by his go-to guy, Angelo Badalamenti is some of my favourite music of all time

Some are more jazz orientated than classical, so they may not be your kinda scene perhaps, but i'll post up a couple, just in case you've not heard if before.

Theme from Fire Walk With Me

End Credits on Fire Walk With Me ( Luigi Cherubini's Requiem in C Minor - Part 8: Agnus Dei )

Fred's World ( Lost Highway )

Theme from Mullholland Drive

Ghost of Love ( Inland Empire )
This has singing on it, but still part of the soundtrack

Kubrick had a lot of great pieces on his films also. Two particularly famous ones, again, if you've not heard them before - i'll post them here, just in case

Opening theme to The Shining

The Masked Ball ( Eyes Wide Shut )

Italian 70s Prog Synth band The Goblin ( among others in their field ) had a big hand in helping a lot of the infamous zombie and cannibal films of that era get famous, by writing many pieces of music for those films.

For example:

These may be exclusively Claudio Simonetti, rather than Goblin, but they're a good representation of the general style.

One of the sweetest, prettiest pieces of film score, for one of the ghastliest films ever made
Riz Ortolani ( Theme for Cannibal Holocaust )

Thanks a lot for this. Don't worry film score incorporate a lot of stlyes. Some can be jazzy, some can have some rock like Twister score with the Respect the wind song by Van Halen. There's even classical on twister score with a bit of William tell's Overture.

I will take the time to listen to your suggestions. Especially the phenomena one. I heard it's a really good horror movie.
bast1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
viennasunsetb

I did a whole module at uni. Pretty fascinating stuff. x
viennasunsetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:03 PM   #6
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by viennasunsetb
I did a whole module at uni. Pretty fascinating stuff. x

Same here.

I did a small presentation on Cliff Martinez who is probably my favourite current film score composer.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #7
MellottMusic

One of my favorite composers is Nino Rota. He made music for Fellini and also The Godfather

MellottMusic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: