Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-27-2005, 10:54 AM   #21
InfiniteSadness

I'm a big fan of tool and I can't wait for the new album. I'm really curious about Adam's playing, sometimes I'm really into it and sometimes I feel a little dissapointed that the only thing he plays are drop d riffs (kick ass riffs though). He had some solos before (more like melodies, like Lateralus, Parabola or noise/screeching solo's like in Eulogy and Push it) but I hope he has broadened his horizons guitar wise, I'm not expecting things like shred solo's because that would suck but I just hope he has something new for us. I really hope that Danny's drumming stays as complex as it was on Lateralus. I have real high expectations for this record, really looking forward to it, Tool rocks.
InfiniteSadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:59 AM   #22
Opus Dei
Faaip De Oiad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZLN libertad
here's a little eye candy for you all...

www.teleincisor.com

before tool released lateralus, they bought www.lateralus.net and just put up a tool logo, teleincisor has been a rumored name for the new material, which is pretty much a cd, check out adam jones' myspace for pics of them recording, josh homme might be a guest on it, which im hyped about

but then we came to find that teleincisor is simply a rumor, it might be the real thing, but chances are against it, even though the site says tool, well...tool is known for being misleadning and hiding things

there's currently a new rumored title..i cant remember it at the moment, ill check it when i get home

i own: opiate undertow aenima and lateralus.
i also own: the power to believe and the court of the crimson king, by king crimson, which was tools biggest influence, if youre getting bored with other bands and getting a little tired of tools current stuff, and waitin for the new cd, check out king crimson.

see you auntie...

That's great and all, except the rumor was called 'teleincision' and the website was 'teleincision.com.'

There were also a couple of other sites that were bought by someone (not neccesarily Tool) rumored to be the name of the new Tool album.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #23
flawlessme
Comfortably Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZLN libertad
see you auntie...

Thats a classic!!
We both want ..... to rape you!!
flawlessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 AM   #24
las7
Me Shuggah!

Location: Where Parabol and Parabola meet is where Iam currently living
Has anyone heard that Maynard is doing something on Saw2 soundtrack? If so will it be a feat. or an individual effort?
Old 09-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #25
doc bonez
'05 asshole of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by they're red hot
I listened to Lateralus recently, and it rocked so hard. Every minor detail was perfectly in place, and the rhythm section was a ****ing barnyard.
Tool rock!
The new album should be awesome, if its any good as Lateralus.
Is Aenima good? I've heard of it, but haven't heard it.

DROP EVERYTHING.....STOP WHAT YER DOING......GO BUY AENIMA......NOW!!!!!!!!!!

seriously an unreal album....I can't choose if Lateralus is better than Aenima, it is like saying whether Dark side of the Moon is better than the Wall

And I do mean that in the literal sense.....in my eyes Tool is the Pink Floyd of this generation in many symbolic ways

*way ahead of their time
*most of the band is classically trained (Maynard went to a great music school in Interlochen Michigan--an hour from where I live)
*VERY philosophical according to the times (Floyd spoke out on thinking for yourself and spiritual freedom--Tool references spiritual exploration quite a bit)
*completely unique sound and style

Even when people say Tool is a great band, I still don't see it as enough justice.....they are in my opinion one of the greatest bands ever because their greatness extends to so many levels

doc bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:09 PM   #26
EZLN libertad
Pisser of cute avatars

maynard did do something in saw2, not sure what, but i know he did

yeah sorry about that, it was teleincision not telincisor
EZLN libertad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #27
sadistic_monkey
is putting tracks up :O

^ Hell yes. I recently got into tool, but I'm damn hooked. Aenima is one of my favourite albums.

sadistic_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #28
EZLN libertad
Pisser of cute avatars

aenima=ownage

opiate is pretty damn good two

i'd rank em like
lateralus
opiate
aenima
undertow

undertows last, but my fav song is from it

flood=pwnage

yeah...even though undertows last, it still beats down cds like american idiot by a **** load...
Old 10-01-2005, 12:03 AM   #29
(-) Ions

Quote:
Originally Posted by las7
Has anyone heard that Maynard is doing something on Saw2 soundtrack? If so will it be a feat. or an individual effort?

I bet it will be a remix of a puscifier song. Probably remixed by Danny Lohner and given a silly name with some silly reference about marijuana. It won't be that great, but then again, saw isn't a great movie.

Of course, that's just my guess, I have no idea. :o)
(-) Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #30
EZLN libertad
Pisser of cute avatars

yeah yeah, i use to have a copy of puscifier on my computer...but i think it got deleted
Old 10-02-2005, 07:30 AM   #31
Ticks & Leeches

I would have to say my favourite album is Lateralus, i love everysong on that album. I heard that the new album is a mix of lateralus and Undertow but also very new. Cant be too bad can it!

Ticks & Leeches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #32
Dragon_slayer13

adam jones said that it was going to be alot heavier than lateralus

TOOL F***kin rocks
Dragon_slayer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #33
las7
Me Shuggah!

Location: Where Parabol and Parabola meet is where Iam currently living
Quote:
Maynard = Jesus?

Now I may be wrong here (highly unlikely) but does anyone else believe that Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle) is a complete badass. I mean am I right or am I right? He's like Jesus (Or David : Muhammed for all those Jewish : Muslim UGers) with all off his words of wisdom. I mean C'mon.

please guys do a search for "Maynard = Jesus"
That had me laughing like 10 minutes great thread ,Im humbled by the Pit
Old 11-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #34
hypocrisy
UG Monkey

Only thing I don't like about Tool is that they like to give us false information, or in other words, make us think otherwise from what they are actually doing. They like to hide from the public in a sense, which is rather stupid.
hypocrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #35
musicftm

tool likes to trick us, theres no predicting what the new album will be like, just gatta wait and listen when it comes out, i am so damn excited for it though....
musicftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:30 AM   #36
Kendawg4TooL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocrisy
Only thing I don't like about Tool is that they like to give us false information, or in other words, make us think otherwise from what they are actually doing. They like to hide from the public in a sense, which is rather stupid.

I think alot of the false information comes from other peoples rumors. It's not so much that Tool gives a date and then steps back and laughs when all their fans piss themselves from excitement. As a matter of fact they never realy give false dates, if they announce a date, chances are that's when it's coming out unless it gets delayed for some reason which i'm sure isn't intentional.

They don't exactly give enough info but, at the same time, alot of people are way to impatient and they try to look at every bit of info given from a different angle and as a result they blow it way out of proportion. And it's not really a bad idea for them to hide from the public. As big of a fanbase as they've developed, there is still alot of people who don't even know who Tool is, and even some people who like them wouldn't recognize them in public. They like the fact that they can go out to a bar or go bowling without being bombarded by fans like they would be if they're faces were all over MTV and other such media outlets.

I would like to know more, but I know the album will come out eventually so that's enough for me.
Kendawg4TooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:32 AM   #37
Warm-And-Fuzzy
Ihatepunkrock/ithatesme

Location: The back room of a cleverly put together home, with free cable. How nice.
I hate Tool.
I hate APC.
I hate their fans.

It's my opinion.
Lynch me.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 AM   #38
Kendawg4TooL
Banned

^There's are better and less desperate ways to get attention pal.

If you gave some reasons as to why you don't like them, then maybe you're post wouldn't be nearly as pointless as you're life.
Kendawg4TooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:25 AM   #39
SilentDeftone
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm-And-Fuzzy
I hate Tool.
I hate APC.
I hate their fans.

It's my opinion.
Lynch me.

Any reasons?

I like Tool, their stuff is rather unique and they are all talented musicians. Very tight as a band it seems.

-SD

College Dodgeball
SilentDeftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:29 AM   #40
Zoso_LesPaul
Scrumtralescent

I love Tool. I think they are one of the most talented and creative bands around today. Adam makes some awesome sounds with his guitar. And their music videos kick ass.
Zoso_LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: