Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #61
las7
Me Shuggah!

Location: Where Parabol and Parabola meet is where Iam currently living
^Lol ok men I respect that you dont like them.. yet you are very lucky to see them live ..I sadly havent... well there is always hope

Last edited by las7 : 04-25-2006 at 04:20 PM.
las7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #62
shadows666
Do the Toxic Waltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by las7
^Lol ok men I respect that you dont like them.. yet you are very lucky to see them live ..I sadly havent... well there is always hope

Their live presence is one of the reasons I don't like them. My friend told me they were great live so I wnet and they just stood their and played. I was disappointed
But that's just me...Thanks for being cool and not flippin out like EVERYONE else does
shadows666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #63
Ticks & Leeches

Wherever you go, whatever you do there's always gona be people who don't agree or dislike what you do, so everyone just has to learn to accept it,

Ticks & Leeches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #64
sadistic_monkey
is putting tracks up :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows666
Their live presence is one of the reasons I don't like them. My friend told me they were great live so I wnet and they just stood their and played. I was disappointed
But that's just me...Thanks for being cool and not flippin out like EVERYONE else does
I downloaded a Tool gig and I was suprised that they just played. They sound brilliant though

sadistic_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #65
TheWretched
Hooker With A Pen!s

Yeah, when I saw them back in 2002, they did also just stand there and play. Maynard actually gave his back to the audience for the most part (though he would make his little weird dance moves). However, I wasn't disappointed at all. The music was incredible...the projections they had were great too. I actually enjoyed the show very much. I guess they're just tyring to get people to understand that it's really all about experiencing the music live. Who cares what they look like? We already know. Meh, I don't know. I was not the least disappointed.
TheWretched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:11 PM   #66
SilentDeftone
UG God

I don't care if they just stand and play. I'd rather see that than some moron jumping around nearly damaging his instrument.

-SD

College Dodgeball
SilentDeftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #67
Insomniak
Banned

All i know is that you can't trust any rumors out because tool loves to **** with us, lol. Im trying to not get my hopes up with anything people have been saying because i dont want to be dissapointed. Like I heard the album was coming out in October during the summer time and i was thouroughly dissapointed when it didn't happen...so until the album comes out I will just eagerly wait. And holy **** i cannot wait for them to go on tour...nothing will make my senior year better than seeing tool with my best friend because we are HUGE tool fans.
Insomniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #68
doc bonez
'05 asshole of the year

when I saw them (Sept. 13 2001 - supposed to be the 11th, but sumthin happened....) they did do a whole lot of "standing and playing" but it still was terrific....they did a 15-20 minute version of "Push it" (lol) with a real ambient sound and it was kick ass..

out of nowhere, a couple contortionists or something came walking out on stage, get this, with their palms AND feet flat on the floor buck naked with their asses sticking straight up into the air (one male one female) and they were scurrying (yes, scurrying) all over the stage for GOD knows how long....

after that, they strung those two up by their feet about 25 feet in the air where they swung like pendulums for a while (I was VERY intoxicated.....)

yeah, pretty damned boring......

doc bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #69
TheWretched
Hooker With A Pen!s

"Some of you having been emailing about the "Schism" DVD that's being advertised on several websites with a release date of December 20th. To answer your questions as to whether or not I can confirm this, the answer is that, while I can't confirm that EXACT date, the plan is to release a DVD featuring the videos for Schism and Parabol/Parabola with added extras (more details later) sometime in DECEMBER of this year. So, the December 20th date looks pretty good for the Sam Goody's type chains, and when more specifis become available to me, I'll post this additional info in the news section. PLEASE NOTE that this is NOT the (much anticipated) Tool live DVD, which will be released at some point, although exactly when is still a great unknown."

Finally something new..not the actual live dvd but it's something.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:35 PM   #70
shadows666
Do the Toxic Waltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc bonez
when I saw them (Sept. 13 2001 - supposed to be the 11th, but sumthin happened....) they did do a whole lot of "standing and playing" but it still was terrific....they did a 15-20 minute version of "Push it" (lol) with a real ambient sound and it was kick ass..

out of nowhere, a couple contortionists or something came walking out on stage, get this, with their palms AND feet flat on the floor buck naked with their asses sticking straight up into the air (one male one female) and they were scurrying (yes, scurrying) all over the stage for GOD knows how long....

after that, they strung those two up by their feet about 25 feet in the air where they swung like pendulums for a while (I was VERY intoxicated.....)

yeah, pretty damned boring......

They are a boring live band in my humble opinion. that's the arguement I was making. they just don't do anything for me, that's all. I do recognize them as talented musicians, however, they just aren't my thing...
shadows666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #71
TheWretched
Hooker With A Pen!s

Quote:

Ah, I'm guessing you're talking about Osseus Labyrint? The same two people who come out in the "Schism" video. I wish they would have made an appearance at the show I went to. I'm sure it must have been quite interesting.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #72
musicftm

i really dont want to wait to hear the new album, its frustrating. i hope they step it up ever farther and change music forever.....i think tool is the band that can do it next.
musicftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #73
XBodomX
Krieg Keegan

Has any one checked out The String Quartet tribute to Tool? It's pretty cool if you like violins and stringed instruments.

My band Malicious - www.myspace.com/malicious666
http://www.purevolume.com/Malicious49531

Sincinnatus - http://www.myspace.com/sincinnatus
XBodomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #74
musicftm

is that good?? maybe i can d/l it!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #75
TheWretched
Hooker With A Pen!s

I've listened to the string quartet tribute. It's pretty cool actually. A whole new different way to listen to Tool music. Heh, anyway, "The Patient" and "The Grudge" sound quite awesome. I enjoy listening to all these string tributes so who knows. It might not appeal to everyone.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:47 PM   #76
nerdlinger
UG's Drummer

Undertow IMO is the best album.

Quote:
Originally posted by HateEternal
Dont drop the soap

nerdlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #77
musicftm

undertow is good but for me it doesnt seem to have the epicness to it, and flow lateralus does, lateralus imo is better lyrically, musically and has a amazing spirtual side to it..
Old 11-13-2005, 06:49 PM   #78
nerdlinger
UG's Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBodomX
Has any one checked out The String Quartet tribute to Tool? It's pretty cool if you like violins and stringed instruments.

Apocalyptica. They originally only covered Metallica. But now they have branced out. I've heard there version of schism. It's fantastic.

Quote:
Originally posted by HateEternal
Dont drop the soap

nerdlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #79
musicftm

i just d/led the whole thing...sorta cool, it could have been so much better (some of those big drums, piano maybe?)
Old 11-13-2005, 06:53 PM   #80
TheWretched
Hooker With A Pen!s

Quote:
Apocalyptica. They originally only covered Metallica. But now they have branced out. I've heard there version of schism. It's fantastic

^^I believe it's not Apocalypitca who cover Tool though. I think the name is Third Eye Open. Apocalypitca is amazing though. Their cover of Metallica are pretty damn good.

Rate This Thread: