Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Hardcore
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 08-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #281
Shredx
Inuendo King
 
Shredx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Space
Rise to Remain and Heaven Shall Burn are suporting them on their UK tour

wasn't going to go, but I really like all bands on the bill so I think'll I'll splash out and might not go to ATR instead
__________________
Debut Album Available!!

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Bugera 333XL
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #282
the memory
Hoots Man!
 
the memory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A galaxy far, far away (Scotland to the people that live here)
I'm definetlly gonna try go now because I quite like Rise To Remain.

Gonna go to ATR too, mainly because Soilwork are also playing. Too bad Bleed From Within are opening it. Local to me or not, they are a giant MEH.
__________________
Bree chug meedly meedly blast blast tinkle honk smash.

www.facebook.com/theashenverdict
www.theashenverdict.bandcamp.com/
www.facebook.com/lostwoodsrecords
the memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #283
Shredx
Inuendo King
 
Shredx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by the memory
I'm definetlly gonna try go now because I quite like Rise To Remain.

Gonna go to ATR too, mainly because Soilwork are also playing. Too bad Bleed From Within are opening it. Local to me or not, they are a giant MEH.


wow we have the exact same opnions haha

yeah I wana see ATR + Soilwork but i dont think I'll have the money for Muse,A7X + Stone Sour and both of these gigs
__________________
Debut Album Available!!

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Bugera 333XL
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #284
the memory
Hoots Man!
 
the memory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A galaxy far, far away (Scotland to the people that live here)
I'm not too hot on muse live, a little too much pre-recording for my liking and they always play the Glasgow SECC which is a terrible venue.

Avenged/Stone sour are playing in it too haha. I saw avenged a few years ago and they were kinda meh live, bit sloppy and Shadow's vocals really aren't great. Hopefully they have improved...
__________________
Bree chug meedly meedly blast blast tinkle honk smash.

www.facebook.com/theashenverdict
www.theashenverdict.bandcamp.com/
www.facebook.com/lostwoodsrecords
the memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 AM   #285
Kergash
Doodling Retard
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Anyone else think The Plague has the best solo on The Powerless Rise?
__________________
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xCaMRocKx-
YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Kergash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:58 AM   #286
Shredx
Inuendo King
 
Shredx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Space
^ it is a good one

and I'm happy my mate has ordered tickets for their KOKO show
__________________
Debut Album Available!!

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Bugera 333XL
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #287
the memory
Hoots Man!
 
the memory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A galaxy far, far away (Scotland to the people that live here)
Its a good solo, I liked the ones on Beyond Our Suffering too.
__________________
Bree chug meedly meedly blast blast tinkle honk smash.

www.facebook.com/theashenverdict
www.theashenverdict.bandcamp.com/
www.facebook.com/lostwoodsrecords
the memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #288
BDags
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Question

What scales does AILD use in their solos?
BDags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #289
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDags
What scales does AILD use in their solos?

Dude. Why do you want to know EVERY scale to EVERYTHING?
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #290
Geldin
Registered User
 
Geldin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
They tend to use the minor scale and minor pentatonics. That information does you no good though. What you really want is to look at how the guitarists make those solos sound like they do.
__________________
I have an album. Listen to it.
The Sleeping Fury

The album is streaming here
Geldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #291
BDags
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geldin
They tend to use the minor scale and minor pentatonics. That information does you no good though. What you really want is to look at how the guitarists make those solos sound like they do.


Any insight? :P
BDags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #292
Meelad360
Oli Sykes<3
 
Meelad360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
They use the "look at a tab and figure it out" scale.
Meelad360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #293
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Dude seriously, just get tabs. You don't need to know the scales if you have the tabs.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #294
tancanada
crapcore
 
tancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
I'm tellin' you dude, Drop D and 0-5-7-8 on the bottom 3 strings. That's AILD.
__________________
love is love // return to dust
tancanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #295
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Dude, just get tabs.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #296
Meelad360
Oli Sykes<3
 
Meelad360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Get the Tabula Rasa.
Meelad360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #297
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Dude, search for the tabs. Not that hard.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #298
tancanada
crapcore
 
tancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
ORRRR just 5-7-8 riffs on the bottom 3 strings, dude.
__________________
love is love // return to dust
tancanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #299
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Yeah that's true, but he's talking about solos. I would LOOK AT THE TABSSSSS!
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #300
adel.light94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
as i lay dying actualty are thrash metal / melodic metal !! they have no hardcore touch in their actual songs ! and they're so awsome
adel.light94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.