Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Classic Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
Floyd93
Goin' Postal

UG Classic Rock Band Bio Project #2

If you remember, Fenderfreak101, Wilty00, Derigiberble, and I had a project earlier this year where we would make band bios and put them on a site. The first project ended, but I want to start it again. Come here to sign up to write a band bio. I will make a list of who's writing what in the space below. Post your articles in this thread. NO PLAGARISM!!!

Articles:

frippogenics - Allman Bros. Band
Stula101 - Black Sabbath
xxZoSoxx - Fleetwood Mac
ufossuck - Bachman Turner Overdrive
Fenderfreak101 - Cream
Deadhead31331313 (however you write his name) - Grateful Dead
Maet - Rush
BrainDamage - Yes

Here is the site (for now at least). Come and see what articles have been done before you sign up.

Also, if you sign up, actually write the article. Last time we got a lot of people who signed up and never turned in their articles.

Last edited by Floyd93 : 06-22-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Floyd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
Uncle Salty
Person of Randomness

I'll do Aerosmith
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
TimiHendrix33

I'll do Pink Floyd or Queen, with a little help.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
me_and_my_esp
Roger = HOTT

Location: white lake, Michigan. member of THE ONLY, The Derigiberble Fan Club. PM powerage1984 to join. there's no tranny like a DLR tranny!
do you want me to send in the who one again?

Cofounder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a who obsessor pm me,

mem no 2 of the Who fan club, PM me.

www.myspace.com/rogerdaltreysgirlfriend
me_and_my_esp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:14 PM   #5
wilty00
From a Distance.

And also, 'cause Derigible didn't really make a point of it, ONLY SIGNUP IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO SUBMIT THE ARTICLE. THERE WAS ABOUT 3/4 OF THE SIGNED UP ARTICLES IN THE LAST PROJECT THAT MAGICALLY NEVER SHOWED UP. Bottom line is, only sign up if you plan on staying here at UG and are actually going to write it. Don't waste Floyd's time.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:44 PM   #6
Hanzi_G
Screw You Guys

do I have to write another Queen article, or can you guys just take the one I wrote for the last project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Hanzi_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:38 PM   #7
Wankmasterwak
Rodoliver

I can send my Allman Brothers article again.

"Member of Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"
Wankmasterwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #8
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimiHendrex33
I'll do Pink Floyd or Queen, with a little help.
If I had time, I'd help you out with Pink Floyd.
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
BrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:09 PM   #9
ź├Fire¤nside╗
Dancing Alone

Yeah I wrote the Stones one last time, but I don't think I have it anymore....I could do Deep Purple/Rainbow/Priest or something like that if needed.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:11 PM   #10
fenderfreak101
UG Spammer

I'd love to help out, and finally see this put into action, but i have enough work for finals right now.

I've got winter break soon, so ill do an article on Cream during that time.

Maybe even a few more, seeing as Cream lasted a whole 2 years.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #11
frippogenics
Behind That Locked Door

I might write a couple. I'd just wanna see some first to see how it should be structured and stuff. Consistancy is important for things like this.
frippogenics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #12
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.

I Call Sabbath!!!

I'll do 2 even.

If I could do The Yardbirds too that would be great...
Stula1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:53 PM   #13
Iruleeverything
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd93
NO PLAGARISM!!!

Can I plagarize one on zeppelin
You're right, I mean, I can imagine eating children, but listening to good music seems a little too much. You, Iruleeverything, are the master of torture.
Iruleeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:11 PM   #14
wilty00
From a Distance.

Heres my Aerosmith one...

The All American Band

Aerosmith was formed in 1970 in Sunapee, New Hampshire by 5 small town guys who just wanted to rock. The current band consists of lead singer, ?the deamon of ?screamin?, Steven Tallarico (Now known as Steven Tyler), guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford, bassist Tom Hamilton, and drummer Joey Kramer.

The Birth Of Aerosmith
Steven Tyler?s first band, Chain Reaction (Formerly ?The Strangeurs?), was first formed in 1964. Steven was the drummer, and the band mainly performed cover songs of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The yardbirds, and The Animals. Meanwhile, Joe Perry and Tom Hamilton form the band Pipe Dream, which is blues based.
Aerosmith was formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1970. The first lineup for Aerosmith was Steven Tallarico (drummer and lead vocals), Joe Perry (lead guitar), Tom Hamilton (bass), and Ray Tabano (guitar). Ray Tabano left Aerosmith in 1971 and was replaced by Brad Whitford. Also, the band took on Joey Kramer to play drums so that Steven could be the lead singer, which he always wanted to be. The band took off when in 1972 when they were offered a record deal with Columbia Records for $125 000. Aerosmith entered the music industry with a bang, when their first album self-entitled ?Aerosmith?. In 1973, the It sold over 2 million copies in the U.S. and went platinum twice. "Dream On", just as popular today as it was 30 years ago, didn?t go over to well with the fans, until it was re-released in 1976 to become aerosmiths first ?Top 10? hit. Next, Get Your Wings was released in the summer of 1974. Wings stayed on the charts for a year and a half and has gone platinum 3 times. In 1975, Aerosmiths third album was released called ?Toys in the Attic?. It had hits like ?Sweet Emotion? and ?Walk This Way?, both mega-hits. ?Rocks?, the bands fourth album, went platinum immediately on release and is considered by some Aerosmiths best album.

The Dark Years
Starting in the 70?s, Aerosmith started being careless with their money. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were being known as ?The Toxic Twins? because of their hard drug use. These kids at heart from Boston were being taken over by the glamour of the rock world, and were throwing their careers away. The bands next Album, ?Draw The Line?(Obvious drug reference), did well but definitely not up to the bands expectations. The band tried to convert to more blues-based rock, and the fans weren?t into it. The bands next album, ?A Night in the Ruts?, was a bomb. The rage between Joe Perry and the band had turned from a dimlight candle to a raging flame. Joe felt the need to quit the band and pursue a solo career, and quit the band during recording. Jimmy Crespo was brought in to replace Joe, and this marked the downfall of classic Aerosmith. In 1981, Brad Whitford left the band and had to be replaced by Rick Dufay. Steven Tyler spent most of the year recovering from a serious motorcycle accident, so the band couldn?t tour and lost a lot of money. By now Perry and Tyler were throwing their lives away with their drug use.The band often got in fights and bet rocks of cocaine on them. Aerosmith had hit rock bottom, until the drugs began to be old news and the band began to feel the old feeling they hadn?t felt in five years. A feeling that the band had enjoyed for almost all the 20 years they had been together, through love and through hate, to be back on top of Rock ?N Roll.

The Recovery
After the release of ?Rock In a Hard Place?, the band?s wounds begin to heal. Brad and Joe begin to visit their old band backstage after concerts. The band signed with Geffen Records, and begin to feel the old buzz that they hadn?t felt in 5 years of being apart. Aerosmith re-entered the charts for the first time in 6 years when the rap trio called ?Run DMC? remixed the song into an incredible smash hit. In an interview, Tyler said (On the reunion tour of the band) ?We crawled out from under our troubles and got in touch with ourselves.?

A New Era
Aerosmith was back on top, in a completely different genre. Although the band had transformed into more commercially based music, they were still the leaders. Their hits ?Dude Looks Like A Lady?, ?Angel? and ?Rag Doll? tore up the charts. Their 10th studio album, ?Pump?, goes multi-platinum. The boys received numerous MTV awards, a grammy, and were inducted into the Boston Gardens Hall Of Fame. Joe and Steven were into rehab, and within a year both were clean. In 1993, ?Get A Grip? is released, and sells over 5 million copies. After the release of the double platinum record ?Nine Lives? in 1997, Aerosmith begins to work on ?Just Push Play?, and the album is released on March 6th debuting at #2 on the MTV charts. Earlier on this year, Aerosmith released their blues based album ?Honkin On Bobo? which is basically a tribute to all their influences. Aerosmith started out on blues, and the songs on the CD are the songs that influenced them to start their careers, and continue with them through the harder times. The Honkin on Bobo tour brought old fans and new fans together in the same stadium with the same idea. Rock ?til you drop.

What Is To Come
Throughout their careers, the five boys from Aerosmith have dealt with everything. Through friendship, through hatred, through near death experiences, to living life like it?ll never end. Somehow, they made it through everything. Through 30+ years, they?re still rocking like nobodys business. They?ve been to the top, and they?ve been to the bottom together. Aerosmith was inducted into the Rock ?N Roll Hall of Fame on March 19th, 2001, proving that they belong and that they truly are the ?Kings of Rock and Roll?

After All, They Truly Are "The All American Band"

Wilty's Recommendations (By CD):
Aerosmith
Dream On
Mama Kin
Get Your Wings
Train Kept A Rollin
Same Old Song and Dance
Toys In The Attic
Toys In The Attic
Walk This Way
Sweet Emotion
Big Ten Inch Record
Rocks
Back In The Saddle
Rats In The Cellar
Draw The Line
Meh.. Nothing much on here. Go for Kings And Queens
Night In The Ruts
Once again, not much. I suggest "No Suprize"
Rock In A Hard Place
God. Just dont bother
Done With Mirrors
Thank god their back.. Let the Music Do The Talking is a Hilite from Joe's solo album... good stuff there.
My Fist Your Face
Permanent Vacation
Dude (Looks like a Lady)
Angel
Rag Doll
Pump
Love In An Elevator *My alltime favorite )
Janies Got A Gun
The Other Side
Get A Grip
'Cryin
Amazing
Crazy
Eat The Rich
'Livin On The Edge
Nine Lives
Pink
Just Push Play
Jaded
Under My Skin
'Honkin On Bobo
Baby Please Dont Go
You Gotta Move
Back Back Train
Stop 'Messin Round
Road Runner
Shame Shame Shame
The Grind

Sources Used:

Rock This Way: The Autobiography Of Aerosmith

www.aerosmith.com

http://vtvt.essortment.com/aerosmithhistor_rmfp.htm
Old 12-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
Floyd93
Goin' Postal

Hey, guys, to all of you who are resending past articles, don't repost them. They're already on the site. I'll post a link to the site soon. Also, I may not have time to check up here often. I've been quite busy this school year.

Last edited by Floyd93 : 06-17-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Floyd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:11 AM   #16
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilty00
And also, 'cause Derigible didn't really make a point of it, ONLY SIGNUP IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO SUBMIT THE ARTICLE. THERE WAS ABOUT 3/4 OF THE SIGNED UP ARTICLES IN THE LAST PROJECT THAT MAGICALLY NEVER SHOWED UP. Bottom line is, only sign up if you plan on staying here at UG and are actually going to write it. Don't waste Floyd's time.

yeah that was a bastard last time, i had **** loads of articles waiting, and nobody was posting anything, basically thats why it all disbanded

Floyd do you want all the old ones?

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Derigiberble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #17
hippiemusic101
hippie music is the best!

may i just copy n paste a whole page(of course giving the link of where i found it)?

RECORDNERD

UG's Official Jefferson Airplane Fan
hippiemusic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:33 AM   #18
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiemusic101
may i just copy n paste a whole page(of course giving the link of where i found it)?

nope, thats illegal i'm afraid, the whole poin of this is so that the articles are written using the knowledge of the users of UG (not that that consists of much )

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Derigiberble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:35 AM   #19
hippiemusic101
hippie music is the best!

So cud i jsut change it up a lil?

RECORDNERD

UG's Official Jefferson Airplane Fan
hippiemusic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #20
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina