Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #41
AzureNight
UG Board King

Solid band, all of their releases are good. Nice to hear something new in death metal; I'm sort of tired of the weak songwriting most bands have. Arghoslent songs play out like a good book, whereas most bands are riff A, riff B, riff A, riff B, riff C, breakdown, riff A, riff B, riff C, or some variation.
AzureNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #42
Monkey_Bassist
Gives Away Free-Electrons

What a coincidence, haha, only just found out about this Band from another Forum

I have their latest, I like it . I love the fact that they use borderline Melodeath Riffs... WITHOUT boring me to death (ala every Melodeath Band I have heard par AA).
Monkey_Bassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #43
Stranglehold

Meh.....the melody really doesnt fit in well. Cover art is cool though.

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #44
Eternal_Death
UG Newbie

**** yes!

IN COFFLES THEY WERE LED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eternal_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #45
Penisaur
Praise the name of Stan

I'm loving this band. Nice to see a non-generic DM band. Hornets is my favorite though Incorrigible Biggotry owns as well. The title tracks on both albums are some of the best instrumentals I've heard.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #46
Penisaur
Praise the name of Stan

Bump.

I still say Hornets and Incorrigible Bigotry is some of the finest metal around.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #47
DeusExMachina90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Tod'
Amazing band, the vocals are great. The problem some people have with them is because some of their lyrics express anger against slaves so they get called racists.

Anyway, this band is great, if not a bit overhyped. I have boatloads of respect for them though, as they're one of the few contemporary metals bands with a genuinely original sound that deviates from metal's cookie-cutter subgenres. Some of their songs tend to run together for me after a few listens, but "Ten Lost Tribes" is a personal favorite.
DeusExMachina90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #48
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf

Quelling the Simian Urge is my fav... mostly cause of the epic ass solos... otherwise, my fav riff by them is the intro to Manacled Freightage haha..

and... the submitted tabs are awesome
NosferatuZodd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #49
Dylar
Dr. Communazi, Ph.D

They're just another rock stupid heavy metal band pretending to be death metal. Basically, this is what Iron Maiden would sound like if they hired a mediocre death metal vocalist, never learned how to write a song and spent their formative years getting the shit kicked out of them by black kids

Last edited by Dylar : 01-14-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #50
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf

Indeed, Iron Maiden totally implemented tremolo picked riffs on a regular basis, random bluesy solos and thrash riffs.. OH WAIT

whats with idiots comparing Iron Maiden to every ****ing band ever, honestly?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #51
Dylar
Dr. Communazi, Ph.D

You could tremolo pick "More Than Feeling," but Boston still ain't death metal. Arghoslent's underlying riff patterns and chord progressions are pure heavy metal, despite the application of death metal technique. The use of harmony is likewise pure heavy metal.

And, for the record, pretty much all Iron Maiden solos are based on blues progressions.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #52
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf

Fair enough, I shouldn't have spoken too much without ever caring much for Maiden aside checking out a few songs, so my mistake there.

However, I think the mistake does lie in calling the band Death Metal... at least as straight forward as that.

That's the argument that gets old, apparently the use of thirds is strictly restricted to heavy metal? I know for a fact some DM bands use thirds -but of a more dissonant nature? Sour thirds? I don't know that much theory so bear with me-

Personally I never thought they were aiming for DM and well I'm not always expecting bands to have a certain note choice, "Hey dudes, lets sound like Demilich!" Otherwise everything would sound like a living cave, full of dark red brown tinges and whatever.

I think it just goes back to whatever their lyrics/concepts try to express or represent, in this case, its pretty much civil war era/pre civil war era themes with their fair share of racism in there and for that, well, I think it'd be pretty awkward or ineffective to take Demilich's note choice or Suffocation's for example.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #53
Dylar
Dr. Communazi, Ph.D

History lessons? And here you doubted the Iron Maiden comparison...
Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #54
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Arghoslent is fine by me.

Both core musicians understand they aren't a profound musical output and have said so multiple times in interviews. All they claim to do is write chops and riffs for chops and riff loving ears.

Fine by me.

Also not a single person here understands their "racism " it seems.

Figures.
Iím not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural
It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
VampireGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #55
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireGoldfish
Arghoslent is fine by me.

Both core musicians understand they aren't a profound musical output and have said so multiple times in interviews. All they claim to do is write chops and riffs for chops and riff loving ears.

Fine by me.

Also not a single person here understands their "racism " it seems.

Figures.

You mean their psuedo-intellectual Stormfront-approved multiculturalism-is-bad BS?

The fact that they don't go around burning crosses while wearing white sheets doesn't make their beliefs any less stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodster
Mega Death?

Are they like Megadeth?
Scourge441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #56
Dylar
Dr. Communazi, Ph.D

If it stopped at "multiculturalism is bad," I'd have no problem with it. That's a reasonable, rational and probably factually correct stance to take. The "black slavery was awesome!" bit is a touch hard to handle, though.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #57
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge441
You mean their psuedo-intellectual Stormfront-approved multiculturalism-is-bad BS?

The fact that they don't go around burning crosses while wearing white sheets doesn't make their beliefs any less stupid.

Quote:
I don't know of any reference to all non-whites as 'simian abominations;' it sounds more closely to resemble a broad critical reference to the African lineages, not all non-whites. Because each of our views differ in some of the finer points, I speak for myself when I categorically profess no intrinsic love or honor of all white people. This is utter nonsense. A man is made within, not without. The concept is so basic and fundamental that it is a trite and tiresome topic of discussion. I loathe no man for the melanic concentration in his skin, nor do I admire any man for a fair complexion. The number of miserable and wretched whites on this planet is very great, to be sure (I suspect quite a few of them listen to our 'white power' music). Still, I do generally regard many cultures with a sort of aloof derision.

I am sympathetic towards and inspired by civilizations that have given to the world high art, great science, revolutionary technology, and rich culture, and the most interesting examples to me are of white Europeans. Many continents far beyond Europe have known great empires, but conspicuously sub-Saharan Africa has not. One of the oldest lands trod by man has never mastered architecture, cultivation, technology, science, or any other prerequisite for civilization. In the United State one constantly endures unpleasant interactions with the descendants of these dark and unaccomplished people, and therein is a source of disappointment and irritation that is manifest in some of the descriptions in our songs.

But do not think for a moment that this implies a belief that if one is born white, one is superior. On the contrary, this country knows its current unenviable position because the whites here are so pathetic. Our scholastic performance is below average, our president is a cowboy buffoon, the value of the dollar is laughable, we are in a recession, culture is a foreign concept, foreign policy is an afterthought, we throw billions of dollars at fighting an immortal and intangible concept in the Middle East, and all this as the country is run by whites that were elected by whites. White power? I think not. In fact, the best thing for this country would be for a certain non-white Democratic candidate to win the presidency (and yes, to point out the obvious, he is a very impressive, accomplished man, not the 'simian abomination' referenced above; people should be more discerning when interpreting blanket statements; a country full of men like him would be a far worthier country than one crammed full of corpulent white trash rednecks). But all this just makes for less interesting song material, hence the focus on historical intrigues.

The modern world has always insisted on being so painfully childish about "racism "
an unenlightened one

Last edited by VampireGoldfish : 01-15-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #58
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

I honestly don't expect nor intend to change any of your forged view prints on the subject either and I doubt I will delve any further into the subject.
an unenlightened one
Old 01-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #59
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf

I said themes btw, brostaph

I didn't care either way, I just read that interview; interesting point of view/explanation

At least the music gives me a vibe of civil-war-ey times or images
Old 01-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #60
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireGoldfish
The modern world has always insisted on being so painfully childish about "racism "

Describe people of African descent as "unaccomplished" as though it's a result of their genetics isn't racist?

Arghoslent may know how to write riffs, but they're still idiots. It's one thing to say that there are few scientific, architectural, or other forms of advances to come from sub-Saharan Africa, it's another to say that it's the result of some genetic deficiency, which is what Arghoslent believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodster
Mega Death?

Are they like Megadeth?

Last edited by Scourge441 : 01-15-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Scourge441 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: