Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #41
kurdtkobaign
My name is Andy

i would say the best out of the christian bands is Blindside. theyre genious'. i had no idea they were even a christian band for the longest time and ive been listening to them for about 3 years now. been my #1 favorite band for the whole time. any fan really needs to buy the older stuff. its incredible. and if anyone has the chance..SEE THEM LIVE IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE...trust me.

Member of the Orange Revolution club!
kurdtkobaign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #42
Johnsonville
BLUES Boy

cheq put Remnant and Mandate
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post
Johnsonville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #43
Johnsonville
BLUES Boy

out*
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post
Johnsonville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #44
_sXe_

August Burns Red, Winter Solstice!!!!!!
_sXe_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #45
Jaysin

Cool

There's a cool band called RGA (recommended Godly allowance). They've just brought out their debut disc. Lots of guitar, especially acoustic. Also use cello. Their drummer also rocks.

Check them out @ http://www.isound.com/music/recomme...odly_allowance/ Give them a listen. I think you'll dig them.

More chilled music. Not as heavy as 12 Stone by a long way. But still really good.

Cheers
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #46
doctor_rocker
Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezerRocksHard
i dont see what the point of christian bands are all they do is playing chords and sing about god. i wouldnt have a problem if there music was a little better. maybe like a christian version of children of bodom or the mars volta lol

Hmmm... I think you're right. I'm a christian, but I don't listen to much Christian music because, frankly, most of it isn't very good. I mean, the stuff I write is more then chords and sounds good (IMO of course... I'm a tad biased...) and the lyrics aren't specifically about God, but some are inspired by God, and they all have Christian themes to it and stuff, but I'd hate to sing, "God is so great! Jesus is my best friend! Yeah!" It just comes off to me as unintelligent and poorly thought out.

I'd love Christian bands to start thinking about their lyrics more, and christians dont HAVE to sing about God, its ok to vary it up some.
doctor_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #47
soccermom
Yvon Of Yukon

have you heard of the christian death metal band . I it was something like mortification. Another band is Styper, once agin something like that. I hat to say this but if bands like delirous did not proclaim that they were christian then they would be more mainstream. It is just that people see the words christian rock and avoid at all costs. I am not religous just to clarify just a humble soul pointing out an injustice. In saying this i realise delrious are strangly quite popular evnthough there music is not played on the radio or on music tv.

Indeed.
soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #48
Kutless
hXc forever

Demon Hunter, norma jean, haste the day, still remains, as i lay dying, extol, mortal treason, underoath, skillet, living sacrifice, project 86, showbread, figure four, Maylene and the sons of disaster, chasing victory, becoming the archetype. All awesome christian bands
Old 01-23-2006, 10:39 PM   #49
metaljunkie

Tourniquet, Mortal Treason, Staple, Zao, Living Sacrifice, BECOMING THE ARCHETYPE, Project86, august Burns Red
to find good Christian music, look christian hardcore bands, a lot of christian metal is really good. Becoming the Archetype is by far the best christian metal band even though they are somewhat new.
www.jesusfreakhideout.com
go there and look in their album review section, these people don't rate them on how Godly their songs are, but how truly skilled these people are at making music, writing intellegable lyrics, and how good they actually are.
metaljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #50
telemaster1952
Resident AssHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveSs
have you all forgot about Stryper?
\

lol stryper....there is a joke

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
telemaster1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #51
telemaster1952
Resident AssHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_rocker
Hmmm... I think you're right. I'm a christian, but I don't listen to much Christian music because, frankly, most of it isn't very good. I mean, the stuff I write is more then chords and sounds good (IMO of course... I'm a tad biased...) and the lyrics aren't specifically about God, but some are inspired by God, and they all have Christian themes to it and stuff, but I'd hate to sing, "God is so great! Jesus is my best friend! Yeah!" It just comes off to me as unintelligent and poorly thought out.

I'd love Christian bands to start thinking about their lyrics more, and christians dont HAVE to sing about God, its ok to vary it up some.

if you got into christian bands not just tfk, kutless, falling up and toby mac you would find some talent

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
telemaster1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #52
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Being a Christian, I will say I'm embarrassed by most "Christian music" out there. My mindset when listening to music isn't "Christian or non-Christian", but rather "good music or poor music".

As far as Christians trying to glorify God through their music goes, of course that's an important part, but it's not all about religious content, it's more about quality. However true or good the message may be, if a Christian band sucks, I'm not going to listen to them.

The few Christian artists I listen to are Sufjan Stevens, Pedro the Lion, the Innocence Mission, and Johnny Cash (if you'd qualify him as "Christian")

Last edited by ohdarn323 : 01-24-2006 at 11:20 AM.
ohdarn323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #53
waldorphPRS41
quixotic

^^ What he said is very true.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #54
lambofgod417

if ur into metal christians their is a couple bands on the southern thunder tour that are real good
The Showdown
Mayleen and the sons of disaster
Chasing Victory
I love the showdown they have great riffs and lyrics, my former guitar teacher played with them for a while and i personally know some of them
lambofgod417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #55
555slayer666
Only Blaze fan in town

Boy Bled Dry-hardcore indie band from Ontario-amazing live

My band - the bastard child of thrash and power metal
http://www.myspace.com/answerwithmetal
555slayer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #56
justAdreamer
Shred Flautist

Disciple, Demon Hunter, Becoming the Archetype, Zao, Extol, and Living Sacrifice
Old 01-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #57
brum234

I must say that alot of Christian Bands get big in Christian cicuits just because they are Christian(which is OK) but i think that the band should be god qulity and creative also, maybe its like with non-christian stuff too... I dunno it just bugs me, I am not a Christian music junkie but of the ones i know and can think of, here are some ones I think are sweet:

Switchfoot (I know its typical but I think they are still pretty sik)
Sufjan Stevens
Delirious?
Anberlin
Dave Matthews Band
U2 - I know "Spirit filled Catholics", but I think their music is amazing and even worship-able sometimes
POD
John Reuben - A killer.
MXPX
Relient K
Ace Troubleshooter
The Juliana Theory

Some Aussie Christian Quality:
Audience (up and coming like nothing else www.audience.com.au)
Antiskeptic
Hillsong
Lukas
Planetshakers
Brooke Fraser

Able - truncated
The Jive Express - trucated
theMiles - turncated
brum234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 AM   #58
Poohaa
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezerRocksHard
i dont see what the point of christian bands are all they do is playing chords and sing about god. i wouldnt have a problem if there music was a little better. maybe like a christian version of children of bodom or the mars volta lol

dude, f!@% you.. how can u say that.. people are posting heeepsa bands here and good bands popular bands too like creed POD blindside normajean etc..

anyways.. my favorites would have to be those afore mentioned and showbread living sacrifice zao the haste the day and more.....

check out solid state records they do heepsa good christian metal bands and they make great copilations too..
Old 02-04-2006, 08:39 AM   #59
Sorwin

To anyone who thinks Creed is/was a christian you know nothing of this band. Creed has never been christian. Scott Stapp was raised in a christian home and was struggling with his faith severly while with creed. The reason the music "sounded" christian is because of that influence. The bane never admited to being christian ... ever. They got labeled that by christians. the sam thing happened to U2.

don't believe me read the article that stapp gave to christianity today. here's the addy; http://www.christianitytoday.com/mu...stapp-0804.html
stapp says explicitly and I quote "Creed wasn't a Christian band" in the interview. All i've heard thus far are assumptions and bickering about this issue. well read the article. It's pretty clear. just scroll down to the part where they (the mag) asks about somehting he reportedly said on the creed website if you don't want to read the whole article.

Last edited by Sorwin : 02-04-2006 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Additional information
Sorwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #60
Sorwin

I like Audio Adrenaline, Black Talon, dcTalk, POD, Project 86, Scott Stapp, Third Day, Thousand Foot Krutch, and reliant K. From what i have heard Audio Adrenaline is done after their new Album comes out. sad man this is a good band been around for a long time. Oh yeah in addition to the above bands i thin stryper and pillar and the classic Larry Norman
Sorwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: