Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #61
Lukeisonfire
offical Mod rock KING

hahahaha thats funny a good christian band. You crack me up.
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Lukeisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #62
arianalexis

Switchfoot
arianalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #63
EVHrocket
Voodoo Chile

Death is pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by machugh_770
i once sleeped walked out of my house, into my car, into a boat, over to france, ate some, cheese, and found myself on top of a crane. I will never sleep again
EVHrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #64
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

I am not against the idea of a Christian band, but every band that I heard that openly proclaimed themselves as Christian, has always been inferior against their equivalents that weren't with a religious label. It's like they're always there with a statement "hey look we can rock just as hard as Satan". I don't care whether you can or not. If your music sucks, then I won't listen to you whether you are a satanic or christian or bum**** or what. It just bores me, christian music. But feel more than welcome to prove me wrong and to show me a christian band that plays good music. Christian in a sense that their lyrics and general band direction are intended to state their beliefs and spread their word of God to their audience.

По ту сторону Севера, по ту сторону льда, по ту сторону сегодня - наша жизнь, наше счастье.

Extinguished Temples
lastFM
Emenius Sleepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #65
Nybb
▓▒░

Quote:
i dont see what the point of christian bands are all they do is playing chords and sing about god. i wouldnt have a problem if there music was a little better. maybe like a christian version of children of bodom or the mars volta lol

Dude, that's just ignorant. While there are a lot of bands like that, the same could be pretty much said about mainstream music. All they do is play chords and sing about love. But the fact is that there is a lot of great music outside of the Christian mainstream, just like secular music.

I can't really add anything to the lists that have already been said. Blindside, Underoath, and As I Lay Dying are all pretty sweet tho. And whoever said Thrice, I don't think so, the frontman is a christian but I don't think the rest of the band is, and only a few songs could really be classed as remotely close to Christian.
Nybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #66
Randy7Rhoads
UG Newbie

UNderOATH
(")_(")
Randy7Rhoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #67
SC1255

David Crowder Band is hands down one of the best Christian bands around.
SC1255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #68
lorddubton

Ummm i really hafta go with a very motley sounding band called Petra...they actually rock pretty damn hard and r a bit like poison, motley crue, cinderalla that sorta thing but without the drugs, bitches and drink
Old 02-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #69
KenWolf

some awesome christian bands are like:

casting crowns-- they sing lifesong, if we are the body, who am i, voice of truth, your love is extravagant..

third day-- they're like kinda southern rock, but christian

waterdeep

switchfoot-- speaking of which, someone needs to post a guitar tab for Beautiful letdown

Mercy me -- i can only imagine

those guys are pretty awesome
KenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #70
SexyJonisaJon
UG's Muffin Lover

Extol and Disciple are the only good ones I like.
SexyJonisaJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #71
Scorger

If you've never heard United Live, look up Hillsong United on itunes and the Look to You cd will pop up.....Wow great vocals, instruments, and messages. They're my favorite band hands down. Others include:

Hillsong United *****
12 Stones
Audio Adrenaline
Building 429
Burlap to Cashmere
Caedmon's Call
Casting Crowns
Chris Rice
Chris Tomlin
Copeland
David Crowder Band
Day Of Fire****
dc Talk
Delirious?
Falling Up****
Generation Unleashed
Jars Of Clay
Jeff Deyo
Jeremy Camp
Kutless****
Lifehouse****

Mat Kearney
Matt Redman
Matthew West
MercyMe
Michael W. Smith
Newsboys
Passion
Paul Wright****
Pillar
Relient K
Sanctus Real****
Seventh Day Slumber
Shane Barnard & Shane Everett
Shinedown
Skillet
Sonicflood
Switchfoot
Telecast
Third Day
Thousand Foot Krutch
TobyMac
Todd Agnew
Tree63
Waterdeep
(Wow i have more christian music than I thought, well I guess I do because it's the best genre in my opinion)
Scorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:47 PM   #72
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

that may be all good, but there's still not a name that appeals to me. I've heard quite a few of the ones you said and the ones I've heard I didn't like, especially DC Talk. Are Decoder Ring christian? if so there's one that I sort of don't mind

По ту сторону Севера, по ту сторону льда, по ту сторону сегодня - наша жизнь, наше счастье.

Extinguished Temples
lastFM
Old 03-21-2006, 03:10 AM   #73
elcapitanloco
dislikes metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorwin
To anyone who thinks Creed is/was a christian you know nothing of this band. Creed has never been christian. Scott Stapp was raised in a christian home and was struggling with his faith severly while with creed. The reason the music "sounded" christian is because of that influence. The bane never admited to being christian ... ever. They got labeled that by christians.

We can argue all day over whether or not Creed were christian, but in the end it doesn't matter because they sucked, and this thread is about good christian bands.

The best christian band thus far is U2, with Evanescence in 2nd place. This is not because those bands are particularly good, its because christian bands tend to be so mediocre. I'm sorry, but most christian bands just rip off other styles of rock, but write lyrics praising God instead of the typical drugs, sex & rebellion (but maybe that's the point).
elcapitanloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 AM   #74
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

U2 Christian? right...

Extinguished Temples
lastFM
Old 03-21-2006, 12:25 PM   #75
emokid182

^^ they have faith in Jesus, but hate the traditional Church, and probably won't call themselves a christain band ever. But i do believe they are Christains. To answer this question it depends what music you like. I'm a Christian myself, and i hate alot of mainstream christain bands, but there are some smaller, underground bands that are amazing. If your into hardcore or metalcore and you want christain bands check out facedown records.

thats why he's the hardcore mod
emokid182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #76
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

^aw okay,.. just for me a CHristian band is the one that uses their music to deliver God's message, rather than just being Christians themselves. Christian bands have a more specific agenda, and their lyrics tend to be specifically about God and their experiences with their faith - not necessarily aimed to convert, but rather to share and spread the message. Because I don't really get into Christian scene, I've heard quite a few bands but mostly mainstream. I don't know if Jars Of Clay or DC Talk can be considered mainstream christian bands but I've heard a lot of their music (I have friends that I borrowed stuff off just out of curiosity) and for some reason the music never really appealed to me. The closest thing to a christian band that I actually liked was Creed, but even then they didn't have a specific religious agenda, but Stapp's lyrics were more about his own personal struggles with faith and other issues in his life.

I don't know why, but I haven't yet come across a Christian band or solo artist that really grabbed my attention, but i'm still open to any new discoveries

Extinguished Temples
lastFM
Old 03-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #77
flame843
stop the munati

Quote:
Originally Posted by janry2
to whoever who said that Creed is not a Christian band.......well how about the fact that their vocalist(i don't know his name) is a Pastor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uhmmmmmmmmmm.......

He recently appeared in a sex tape in which he and Fred Durst bang a bunch of groupies.

He's a pastor, all right...
flame843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #78
The_Foo_Fighter
Bänned

People cant seem to tell the difference between christian bands and bands THAT ARE christians

Delirious? = good CHRISTIAN band

MxPx = good band WHO ARE christians
Old 03-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #79
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame843
He recently appeared in a sex tape in which he and Fred Durst bang a bunch of groupies.

He's a pastor, all right...

well... hate to use the cliche example, but there was something about catholic priests not long ago, so...

and it wasn't Fred Durst by the way, but Kid Rock

Extinguished Temples
lastFM
Old 03-27-2006, 03:46 AM   #80
Venom-53

Faith+1

Rate This Thread: