Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

MFR: August 4th

My heaviest and most brutal mix to date. Definitely nothing non metal in here so don't worry just come on in.

http://8tracks.com/kytokinesis/black-metal-records

Testimonials:
Quote:
:\ I had high hopes from you Kk

Quote:
Kyto the betrayer.

coming soon:
11/8/2014 - AnnihiSSlateR
18/8/2014 - Fukk
25/8/2014 - Kyto

Last edited by Kytokinesis : 08-10-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:28 AM   #2
elatihc

:\ I had high hopes from you Kk
elatihc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

Kyto the betrayer.
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Your only chance to evacuate, is to leave with us
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Old 08-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

I listened to Richard O'Brien last night but already forgot what he sounded like. The Protomen track was kind of neat.

City Boy was long. That's about my only thoughts on it. I am surprised I didn't skip it, but it was catchy so whatever.

End of Year sounded like an emo version of Current 93, probably without any of the lyrical material.

Lifelover, well I think I've exclaimed how much I like Lifelover, with Erotik being no exception to the cause. Probably could ramble on more about this track, but I'll keep it lean and to the point by adding all of this unnecessary rambling.

Oh hey Deathconsciousness. I picked up the re-issue that Flenser records did. Chances are I'm a rich person now. One of my favourite tracks on the album, but most of them are. The title of the mix makes a bit more sense now.

Always heard of Rites of Spring and they're one of the bands in my "listen to this you fuck, this list is only gathering size" list. Not bad on a first listen, I'll probably finally get around to listening to the discography sometime.

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy weren't my thing. But not too shabby otherwise.

Mind adding me to the list, that'd be swell, please and thanks.
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
WWCwhyte

Sarcasicore.

Soundcloud

Last edited by WWCwhyte : 08-05-2014 at 12:39 PM.
WWCwhyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:26 AM   #7
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal

Mind adding me to the list, that'd be swell, please and thanks.

Thanks for listening. I added you to the list O Mighty Fukk. You seriously do need to check out Rites of Spring, so good.

How's that Deathconsciousness reissue? Awesome I bet. I know they also have some new stuff out that I haven't heard yet.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

Chairs m8. The reissue gets shipped in September sometime, but I expect quality like I do with every Have a Nice Life release. Although I've only listened to The Unnatural World once and it didn't grab me like Deathconsciousness did, but having said that, I've only listened to it once.

I expect it will get its fair due in a year or two. It's already pretty big, but I mean some big dumb exorbitant pricing in a year or two.
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #9
rg_metal
The Clit Commander

If its cool with you guys I am going to promote the radios in the IRC channel. Any radio that is posted I'll put up a link in the topic bar for the IRC. If you guys want to discuss the radio you are welcome to come in there and chat. I'm always on there as well as a few other guys. I think these radios are truly awesome. Keep up the good work guys. When I have time I will get back into the swing of things and post one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
rg_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #10
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Richard O'brien - Nice chilled start to the mix. Kind of makes me feel like there might be some deliberate structuring to it.

The Protomen - Kind of reminds me of Springsteen covering a meatloaf song. It's quite nice actually. Might have to check this band out more.

City Boy - Another one that's new to me, kind of reminds me of a stripped back Magnum or Nazareth. Quite digging this one too. There's been a pretty nice vibe to it all so far.

End Of A Year - Bit of a change of vibe. I'm on the fence really, I've been on a bit of an Emo kick recently, but this is a bit too raw in the vocals for me, but the actual music is pretty tasty, kind of reminds me of Something To Write Home About ere Get Up Kids in that respect. Might look into them more, give a couple more tracks a go before deciding. Though this is a nice short track that doesn't outstay it's welcome, and doesn't let up in terms of energy.

Lifelover - Never actually listened to them. I was lead to believe they were DSBM, but this is is pretty upbeat and happy sounding music (sans the droney post punk vocals). Love the punky beat that kicks in half way through when it essentially turns into a ramones track. The vocals are the one thing that's putting me off, I feel it either needs a more black metal style, or more of an ethereal dream poppy style.

Have a Nice Life - I've heard a lot about these, but again have never actually taken the time to listen to them. Not really what I was expecting if I'm honest. A lot drier, and post punkier, but not post punky enough to grab my attention. It kind of just went on a bit, and I didn't really feel anything other than indifference. Which is a shame, as I thought of all the bands mentioned in severed's review, they would be the one I'd be most likely to go on to listen again to.

Rites of Spring - A name I'm familiar with, and taken to understanding they are quite influential. Certainly looking at the date, they seem to be at least a decade earlier than the sort of sound they have would make you think (if that makes sense). This is pretty good actually, might have to explore further.

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - There's a nice 'ending' feel to this. Almost like Credits music or something. Certainly when tied in with the track that opens the mix. Not really my bag, but it works well in the context of the mix.

So yeah, perhaps not what I expected, but when the mood takes me (essentially when I've had enough of Requiems :p ) I've a lot to explore here I think.
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #11
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Thanks for listening man. Appreciate the comments as always.

End of a Year is kind of hit and miss with me, but I really do enjoy that track. The rest of the Lifelover album has much more of a black metal style. The particular track I picked stands out at least for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihiSlateR
I didn't really feel anything other than indifference. Which is a shame, as I thought of all the bands mentioned in severed's review, they would be the one I'd be most likely to go on to listen again to.

We live for indifference. But seriously though, this is shoegaze dude this is your shit. It is rather bleak and dry, but it's on purpose. Definitely hope you give them another shot sometime. There are a lot of great tracks on their album Deathconsciousness.

Quote:
Richard O'brien - Nice chilled start to the mix. Kind of makes me feel like there might be some deliberate structuring to it.

Quote:
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - There's a nice 'ending' feel to this. Almost like Credits music or something. Certainly when tied in with the track that opens the mix. Not really my bag, but it works well in the context of the mix.

You can read me like an open book sir.

Quote:
So yeah, perhaps not what I expected, but when the mood takes me (essentially when I've had enough of Requiems :p ) I've a lot to explore here I think.

Glad you enjoyed it. If you want to check out Protomen stick with Act II. As for City Boy The Day the Earth Caught Fire is their best album in my opinion. Definitely give Erotik a full listen (Lifelover) love that album. And well you should not be moseying around here not listening to Rites of Spring anyhow.

Rate This Thread: