Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
mw7
UG's Woody

Angry Screwed Band

ok my band is pretty screwed up.......... I am the lead guitarist in the band, and i can also play rhythm but heres the catch, there is another guitarist in the band, but she pretty much sucks, and its because she can't play her guitar at home because her mom wont let her and this way she could never practice.

Although she sucks, we need her for the band to supply the bassist with the bass guitar. Another big problem, the drummers girlfriend is in the band, and she is the bassist. They always go to another room and make out, and we never get anything done.

But when me and the drummer were waiting for his g/f(bassist) and other guitar player to come to practice, i made a solo, and main riff, and he made up a drum part. When they came we never got anything done, and the drummer and his g/f started making out again.

I was thinking about dropping the other guitar player and that way the bassist will be out of the band, and we could get a different bassist so there will be no diruptions. But I don't think the drummer will approve.

My other option would be to leave, but there are no other drummers in the area and i really want a band.

Help, what the hell should I do?????
Old 01-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
tamargoguitar
UG's nothing :( ...

kill the drummers gf..so then he will be sad and that willl inspire his music....now for the real thing....if the drummer really wants to be in the band as much as you do then talk to him, about the rythim guitarrist...well maybe she can go to ur house to practice.....it always helps to have another guitarrist when it comes to riff making

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
tamargoguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
tamargoguitar
UG's nothing :( ...

and anyways if the band is really as screwed up 1. is not gona last long 2. its gona be hard for you guys to move on in the music industry...some time or another you are goin to have to replace that guitarrist...

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
tamargoguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
gpb0216
Musician

What a mess. I believe your band as it now stands is beyond salvaging. Here's what you need to do, in my opinion:

1. Get rid of the lousy female guitarist.
2. Get rid of the bass player.
3. Get rid of the drummer.

In other words, you need to quit this band and go find yourself some musicians. As you search, you should dismiss out of hand any boyfriend/girlfriend duo, even if they're the best players on planet earth. Male and female bandmates always eventually end up in bed and the band always gets screwed. At least that's been my experience.

You'd be much better off working up songs with a drum machine in the privacy of your home and then auditioning other players than to spend one more minute in the unworkable situation you're now in.

Good luck!
Originally Posted by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
gpb0216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #5
mw7
UG's Woody

like im friends with the drummer and we can write together, but it just the bassist that makes us screw up because he always goes and makes out with her. the other guitarist, i would want to drop, since shes bad at playing too. But i the drummer wo'nt want to kick any of them out...... dammit..
Old 01-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
IndieMetalhead
Is never online

dude, yell at the bf/gf to stop being asses and do work! they can ****ing go 20 minutes or so between making out! if they have a go at you, leave the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
IndieMetalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
mw7
UG's Woody

the thing is that there is no other drummers around here and i really want to be in a band and ill have to give my effects pedal back to the drummer because he lets me use it since im in the band.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #8
mw7
UG's Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb0216
What a mess. I believe your band as it now stands is beyond salvaging. Here's what you need to do, in my opinion:

1. Get rid of the lousy female guitarist.
2. Get rid of the bass player.
3. Get rid of the drummer.

In other words, you need to quit this band and go find yourself some musicians. As you search, you should dismiss out of hand any boyfriend/girlfriend duo, even if they're the best players on planet earth. Male and female bandmates always eventually end up in bed and the band always gets screwed. At least that's been my experience.

You'd be much better off working up songs with a drum machine in the privacy of your home and then auditioning other players than to spend one more minute in the unworkable situation you're now in.

Good luck!

good advice, but i wish i knew some drummers...... anyway to get in a new band? ive tried musicians ads here on UG a few times but it didnt really work.......
Old 01-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #9
Remebol
Always Sleepy

first of all tell the girl guitarist if she cant practice the song, and cannot contribute to a band, she shouldnt be in a band. find a new basist too becuase you got to tell ur drummer that girlfriends in bands sucks,, he can ****ing hang out with her after pra ctice, and just becuase she cant be in the band doesnt me he doesnt love her or what ever, it just means we cant do it with her being there cuase she doesnt have a bass, and just makes out with her bf.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #10
Punk Rocker
I love amp

quit, and then make out with the other guitarist. Just kidding but seriously that is messed up man.quit.
Punk Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: