Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #81
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

just get the free one and tell the guy "thank you"
uhh_me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #82
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhh_me?
just get the free one and tell the guy "thank you"

I probably will. It's pretty awesome that he is doing it for free.
DorkusMalorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #83
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

that is why i gave him money, if he was charging i wouldn't be so apt to throw my money at him
Old 08-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #84
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

That's why I would feel bad taking it for free, when I could be donating. But I don't have the money! Hahaha. My greed will probably overcome my conscience soon enough.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #85
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

i hope your greed works quick, i bet these things are going to go fast
Old 08-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #86
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

Probably. I think I'll order one now.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #87
Fugazirancid
playin' contract bridge

i just ordered the deluxe edition for 6 dollars

^^

last.fm
Fugazirancid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #88
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

cheapo
Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #89
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

I got the free one.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #90
Fugazirancid
playin' contract bridge

six bucks is better than nothing X_x

plus, i need to stock up on band tee shirts (or the materials to make them) before school starts -- my previous school had a lame-ass dress code =o

last.fm
Old 08-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #91
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazirancid
six bucks is better than nothing X_x

plus, i need to stock up on band tee shirts (or the materials to make them) before school starts -- my previous school had a lame-ass dress code =o

STOP MAKING ME FEEL BAD!

Um...get some a kick as Sonic Youth shirt. I have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! Sonic Youth Shirts!
Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #92
Fugazirancid
playin' contract bridge

hah sorry >< that didn't come out right

annnyyywayyy. i have the sexy black "taping" shirt already: http://www.kungfunation.com/images/medium/SON53_MED.jpg

i think i'm going to edit the speech bubble from the cover of wowee zowee rthat says "pavement?" on the cover and put it on a t-shirt, as well as the cover of sung tongs

last.fm

Last edited by Fugazirancid : 08-09-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #93
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

That would be really awsome. I have this one shirt design for AC that I want to make, but my stupid printer is all screwed up and I can't do iron ons (my only means of shirt making)
Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #94
Fugazirancid
playin' contract bridge

yeah, i was looking at the shirts on AC's record labels' websites and the only ones that actually say "animal collective" are sold out, so i might as well make my own for a lot less, heh

also, they should make a sonic youth shirt that has the washing machine logo on the front and "ALRIGHT NOW!" in big letters on the back. i would buy that in a heartbeat

last.fm
Old 08-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #95
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

news on the panda bear dvd
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat tapes
August 11th, 2007 Saturday: PLEASE READ!

As I begin my all-night burning/packaging marathon before I leave I'm going to have to break some good/bad news.

The good news? People Party is apparently very popular and in high demand!!
The bad news? People Party is apparently very popular and in high demand!!

I feel like I need to stress that what you'll read is absolutely absolutely absolutely in no way an angry statement or resentful in the least. It is truly just an examination of the facts and then working out an answer. I never intended to lie to anyone. The only thing I've done wrong with this project is severely underestimated its popularity. I'm so grateful for everyone who has sent their kind words my way and their generous donations.

When I first had the idea for People Party I really didn't ever consider this much of a response and interest. I figured "Hey, I got a good deal on this 100 pack of DVDs. I'll just release this thing for free!" Yea, I was going to loose out on shipping costs but I figured it would be worth it to make people happy. Well this would have worked if I stopped accepting orders after about the first hour I opened them up. Here are a few numbers:

To date, the number of DVDs that have been ordered is approximately 1500
The number of bonus disks that have been ordered is approximately 500
Paypal donations consist of roughly 90% of what I've seen so far.
My Paypal account now has around $4200 in donations.
If you work this all out, it means I've made around $2.50 per DVD.
Between a case, the DVD, and shipping, each DVD costs around $6-$7 to make and ship.
That is a loss of about $3.50-$4 per DVD.
In total, all of these orders would cost me around $5250.
And this is disregarding the donation I promised Paw Tracks.
Lastly, keep in mind these are only the numbers of two days worth of orders.

I needed a solution. And here it is: To my great dismay and sincerest apologies, the People Party DVD now will cost $5 and international orders are $7 and the DVD w/ bonus disk will be a solid $10. These aren't arbitrary numbers but ones I've tried my best to figure out and bring to the lowest possible cost. Shipping is going to be around $2-$3 in the US and a bit more internationally. Paypal costs usually deduct around a $1 so that leaves about $1-$2 leeway for other costs like packaging and the DVDs themselves. Another way I am saying "I'm sorry" to everyone is that I will be packaging any where between $1-$7 in random DVDs. This is me giving back for people's generosity and understanding. Now you still have the opportunity to get it for free!

I promised this would be free and I intend to keep it that way.. sort of. You see, when you buy the DVD from me, you're paying for how you view it... not what you view. For this reason there will be two means of getting these DVDs for free over the internet! yay! I will make two separate torrents and upload them to popular torrent sites. The two torrents will be either the exact ISO files of the DVD so people can literally watch the DVD on their computer, OR, if you don't know what an ISO file is, you will be able to download the DVD as an mpeg. I realize and completely understand that not everyone knows how to use torrents. For those people who don't know how to use torrents, don't wish to learn, and still want the DVD 100% free, keep posted because I will post more methods on how to obtain the DVD over the internet when I return home from vacation.

Here is how this payment thing is going to go down:
(Note: This is only for people who have ordered Option 1 while it was still free.)

If you still wish to receive the DVD in the mail I'd ask you to please send either $5 or $7 (if you're outside of the US). The payment options are the same that are available in Option 2. You will be able to send money via Paypal (which is greatly preferred), send a Money Order, or concealed cash (at your own risk). After deciding how you are going to pay you need to send me a new email to a different address. That address is iamsorry@eattapes.com. The email will have a specific format that you will need to copy/paste into the body of the email and fill in. Once you have emailed me and I receive the payment I will send the DVD as soon as possible. Please click here for more simple-to-follow instructions.

To the people who have already ordered the DVD w/ bonus disk: No matter how much you donated, you will still receive the DVD. The $10 cost will apply only to everyone from now on. I realize this isn't exactly the most fair thing in the world.

Finally, I can't apologize enough that this has to happen but I was faced with two options: Loose literally thousands of dollars on this project or charge a small amount for each DVD. And as an 18 year old, just out of high school, I really can't afford the former.

I understand this will probably raise a few questions so please email them to questions@eattapes.com

Thank you all so much for your continued support.

this is quite crazy actually, i wouldn't have expected this high of a demand for it
Old 08-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #96
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

I just got the email.

I'm going to wait for the download, hahaha!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #97
Fugazirancid
playin' contract bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Pitchfork now receives an audience of more than 200,000 readers per day, and more than 1.5 million unique visitors per month, making it the most popular independent-focused music publication online.

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Media
Panda Bear - "Person Pitch" - 9.4

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Media
free panda bear dvd

=
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat tapes
People Party is apparently very popular and in high demand!!

._.

also, off topic, but i just plugged in my ipod and synced it up to iscrobbler instead of my the regular last.fm application (because it wasn't working), and it synced 475 songs. how about that.

last.fm
Old 08-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #98
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

ehhh i knew about the dvd before pitchfork broke the story, gorillavsbear clued me into it

but i suppose this is all very good news for the eattapes guy
i bet someone is going to come looking for him to film concerts in a more professional way if this dvd gets a positive critical reception

in response to the off topic thing: that is quite interesting, is the scrobbling/last.fm software for ipods always that flawed...i know someone has mentioned it being faulty before, but is it worth having on your ipod? i ask because i am looking into buying an 60 gb ipod to replace my 40gb creative which is down to about 5mb of space
Old 08-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #99
Fugazirancid
playin' contract bridge

well, for me it used to work extremely nicely until recently, when it got iffy...like, i'll plug in my ipod and it'll ignore it or say it was just discovered.

isproggler, however, is a third-party application that for me works almost 100% but is a pain in the ass because a) the computer has to be restarted every time before you sync it up and b) if i listen to 100 songs at 7:00 PM on my ipod, listen to 1 at 10:00 on the computer and sync it up at midnight, it won't work. it's finicky but a bit more reliable.

last.fm
Old 08-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #100
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader

So I downloaded Strawberry Jam, and the first three songs sounded so bad I almost turned it off but then For Reverend Green is actually really good so I guess I will give the album a complete listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydarkesthour
It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

pumpkins_rule is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: