Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Classic Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #81
CornLord
ˇAyúdame, estoy en fuego!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeartbreaker
I went through the same thing with "In My Time of Dying". I'd pull out my iPod before and after class and just listen to it over and over.

You must have a long time between classes to listen to that whole thing!
CornLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #82
OMGIZZLEZ
UG Member

^lol, i wish i had that long of a time inbetween classes, or a iPod. I went to Guitar Center today and it was awsome, i was playing a guitar and i started playing "Babe Im Gona Leave You" then this guy went and started playing a guitar and started playing the same song. Then he started playing Over The Hills and Far Away, then he stopped and i started playing Whole Lotta Love and he joined in like 2 seconds after i started. We cranked the amps so loud, it was dual Zeppelin, it was ****ing awsome.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #83
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism

Location: "Over the hills, where the spirits fly" - Praying to the Gods of Rock in the Houses of the Holy - PM me to join Zeppelinism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGIZZLEZ
I just learned "Babe Im Gona Leave You" about a week ago, awsome song.
I remember a while back when i got Early/Latter days , when i heard Ten Years Gone, it was my favorite song, i listened to it over, and over and over.

edit: i had to cut out were you quoted that guy.

I had started to learn that song recently. I haven't learned any of it as of late because I've been working on some Allman Brothers songs too. I'll probably start back up on it again and pick up where I left off soon. Definetly a great song, as you have mention; the chorus is so heavy.

Good stuff to to.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/zeppelinism/

...Otherwise, rot in Hell.
TheHeartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:14 PM   #84
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.

I used to Jam with my friend a lot to Whole Lotta Love.. not any more. I write my own stuff so I havn't played Zeppelin in a while. Very fun music to jam to.
Stula1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:03 PM   #85
Maet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman42
we could have done with a classier introduction to the ONLY zep thread EVER.
i mean werent they all about the style and the class?

If by Style & Class you mean Sex & Drugs, then yes. Yes they were.

Anyway, Led Zeppelin will (to me) never cease to be an average band that stuck out for some reason....

*cough*stairway*cough*
Maet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #86
IronMurph
UG's Cliff Burton

If you don't have the BBC Sessions, get it. Listen to Thank You on disc 2. It is the greatest version of that song.
IronMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:59 AM   #87
DYEguitarist
Hey Hey What Can I Do

I was about to get the BBC Sessions put it sold out when i got the cash and the store hasnt restock it and it was about two months ago and its pissing me off, so I bought How The West Was Won and that cd kicks ass. I love Immigrant Song and Dazed and Confused on it

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
DYEguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:24 AM   #88
9mmpainpill
The Real Pinball Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maet
If by Style & Class you mean Sex & Drugs, then yes. Yes they were.

Anyway, Led Zeppelin will (to me) never cease to be an average band that stuck out for some reason.....

They "stuck out" because they were prolly the most talented musicians who ever played together, and without them ALL and I mean ALL rock/metal bands that came after them would have been different........not to mention all of the guitar heroes that say that they prolly wouldnt have even picked up a guitar if it wasnt for them...they stuck out because they defined "virtuosity" and took it up a level.

Last edited by 9mmpainpill : 02-26-2006 at 02:28 AM.
9mmpainpill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:12 AM   #89
mercedesisbenz
Cissy Strut

what do you guys think about jimmy page's interest in the occult and mr. crowley? I'm pretty sure jimmy gave ozzy the idea for the song when they met and started talking about all that(read that somewhere dont quote me on it).
mercedesisbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:46 AM   #90
knerken
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesisbenz
what do you guys think about jimmy page's interest in the occult and mr. crowley? I'm pretty sure jimmy gave ozzy the idea for the song when they met and started talking about all that(read that somewhere dont quote me on it).

I think it's just weird and untrue...
knerken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #91
OMGIZZLEZ
UG Member

^ i agree
Old 02-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #92
ledhead73
Defender of Good Music

Well, Page has or had a definite interest in Crowely to say the least. Page himself was no devil worshipper or anything, but he was most certainly a student of magic, or "magick" as both Page and Crowely would say. However I think once Led Zep ended and he got clean, he basically grew out of it. Now he doesn't even like to talk about it in interviews. As for him inspiring Ozzy's Mr. Crowley, I don't think there was a direct connection. Page was certainly not the only British rock musician that was into Crowely at the time.

PM TheHeartbreaker to join Zeppelinism.

Long Live the Hammer of the Gods!
ledhead73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #93
bluewildangel

hey im new to led zep. iv bought their greatest hits (latter days/early days) n LOVE it soooooooooooooo gd. bt i ws wondrin wher i shld go frm here
bluewildangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:47 PM   #94
TimiHendrix33

^Get Led Zeppelin IV (A.K.A. ZoSo) or I.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:49 PM   #95
KingBrendan5149
Banned

Location: Wisconsin. Anti-Bush, LeDzEp LoVeRbOy is a pirate hooker and The Beatles Really Are The Greatest Club Members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMurph
If you don't have the BBC Sessions, get it. Listen to Thank You on disc 2. It is the greatest version of that song.

KingBrendan5149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #96
OMGIZZLEZ
UG Member

bluewildangel you should get IV(Zoso) or Led Zeppelin III. Those are my current favs.
But out of those two since your new to Zep i strongly suggest IV(Zoso). Its got alot of great songs on it you would love, Example : Stairway to Heaven,Rock N Roll,Black Dog, all those good ones.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #97
CornLord
ˇAyúdame, estoy en fuego!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewildangel
hey im new to led zep. iv bought their greatest hits (latter days/early days) n LOVE it soooooooooooooo gd. bt i ws wondrin wher i shld go frm here

The self-titled debut; it's probably my favorite and it has a lot of their bluesier stuff.
CornLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:17 PM   #98
KingBrendan5149
Banned

Location: Wisconsin. Anti-Bush, LeDzEp LoVeRbOy is a pirate hooker and The Beatles Really Are The Greatest Club Members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewildangel

i'd start w/ Led Zeppelin I and just go in chronological order upward. that's what i would do. Led Zeppelin I through Physical Graffiti are all excellent albums so you won't go wrong with any of those. Presence is pretty good (but not excellent) and I was never really a fan of In Through the Outdoor. BBC Sessions and How the West Was Won are also amazing as well.

i hope that helps a little.
KingBrendan5149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #99
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism

Location: "Over the hills, where the spirits fly" - Praying to the Gods of Rock in the Houses of the Holy - PM me to join Zeppelinism.
^^I pretty much agree with everything that KingBrendan said. Get Zeppelin I and go up from there.

Most people, for some reason or other, don't like Presence and/or In Through the Outdoor. I, however, like both, but I see the reasons people don't like these albums. I'll recommend them to you, but you should definetly see if you like them by listening to samples or burrowing a friend's CD if they own it.

If anything, if you like the Zep's sound, you'll be a bigger fan of Presene than In Through the Outdoor, which has John Paul Jones (their bassist) emphasizing his keyboard work more than his basswork. While I do enjoy the album, I'll admit it's not my favorite by them.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/zeppelinism/

...Otherwise, rot in Hell.
TheHeartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #100
crazynickman
Windmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGIZZLEZ
bluewildangel you should get IV(Zoso) or Led Zeppelin III. Those are my current favs.
But out of those two since your new to Zep i strongly suggest IV(Zoso). Its got alot of great songs on it you would love, Example : Stairway to Heaven,Rock N Roll,Black Dog, all those good ones.

AND four sticks and when the levee breaks

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
crazynickman is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: