Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Musician Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #41
bpauers
Bryan

im in west bend i have a rhythm and leafd guitarist, bass, need drummer!
bpauers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #42
bpauers
Bryan

hey j remmy sounds good....we havent played any GNR but hey we can always start...right now we are trying to get some good originals...we have one so far. we can play a bit of metallica, a chevelle song, a 3 days grace song, and a modest mouse song, prolly a few others i cant think of right now too. right now were looking at metal, and we want to actually play some shows. if you want to audition, email me at

bpauers@hotmail.com

i will set up a time/date for you.
thanks a lot for replying
Old 05-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #43
J Remmy Jerms

bpauers, what are some of the names of the songs you guys play? I'll take the time to learn some of them and I'll continue to work on some of my own originals. Then maybe I could audition some time.
J Remmy Jerms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #44
irishmatt1992
UG Addict

So there is no one here in MN???????

Founder of the Official UG Disturbed Club. PM me to Join.

Ultra Magnus of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club
PM Me To Join!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=653801
irishmatt1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:10 AM   #45
bpauers
Bryan

some of the songs are For Whom The Bell Tolls, by Metallica, Animal I Have Become by 3 Days Grace, Comfortable Liar by Chvelle, and Get Some by Chvelle. yes, they are fairly easy songs, but these are the first ones we worked on, just to get us all in sync so to speak. oh, and we play Dramamine by Modest Mouse. and there are originals of course, but those are a bit more complicated than these.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #46
J Remmy Jerms

Ok, is that list in order of priority? By the way, in one of your earlier posts you said that all you need is a drummer. So what position would I be auditioning for?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #47
bpauers
Bryan

originally all we wanted was to replace the drummer but our rhythm guitarist has been p.m.s.'ing an awful lot lately about the songs we play and how wer play them, so we said Hewy if you keep complaining, youre out. he complained again so now we kicked him out. we have a drummer now, but now were holding auditions for rhytth or lead, whichever youre better at. no the songs are not listed by priority...the list would probably be comfortable liar, animal i have become, for whom the bell tolls, and then dramamine and the others. my drummer said you dont exactly need to know the songs dforr and audition just jam with us for a while, see how it goes from there. reply asap i want to get this going soon so we can play a few shows before im out of high school, which is next year.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:29 AM   #48
J Remmy Jerms

I might not be good enough if you want to start playing shows right away. I've only been playing rhythm guitar for a few months. I'm better at playing bass, but your not looking for a bass player.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:18 AM   #49
bpauers
Bryan

well we're not wanting to play right away, im saying next year i would at least like to play at the talent show, and maybe Jansen Park or Music Academy in WEst Bend. so yeah, as long as you can pick stuff up fairly quick and make some rhythm riffs, you'll be fine.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #50
J Remmy Jerms

ok, I might be able to audition the weekend of the 26th. I would audition this weekend, but I'm busy. I can't audition during the week because I work second shift. I'm also saving up to but a bigger amp.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #51
bpauers
Bryan

yeah im busy this weekend too. the 26th would probably be ok. stupid question, but we have practices on tuesdays from like 3 or 4 till 8...would that be ok or should we reschedule for the weekends? also, what kind of amp do you have now, and what are you looking at for your new one?
Old 05-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #52
E V H 5150
Dream Cruiser

Does anybody live around ROCK COUNTY? It's the perfect county for a rock band, I would suppose. Anyway, I play guitar. As for style wise, I play a range of stuff, from Tom Petty, The Police, to Van Halen and Boston. But I'm more interested in writing original materials. I would say that I am a decent lead player, but would be comfortable as either a lead or rythym. I also play trumpet, if necessary...
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
E V H 5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:03 AM   #53
J Remmy Jerms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpauers
yeah im busy this weekend too. the 26th would probably be ok. stupid question, but we have practices on tuesdays from like 3 or 4 till 8...would that be ok or should we reschedule for the weekends? also, what kind of amp do you have now, and what are you looking at for your new one?

The weekends work better for me. I start work at 3 p.m. so there would be no way I could make it. I don't think you need to worry about rescheduling practice time because I have yet to audition. As for what kind of amp I own: Fender Rumble 15 wat bass amp. I really haven't looked at any amps yet, but I'm looking for something bigger for playing shows. I'm looking at buying a new amp hopefully late next month.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #54
bpauers
Bryan

ok...well, i have a zoom fire-30 amp, 30 watts. we'll figure out a time.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #55
J Remmy Jerms

It's going to have to be sometime in the afternoon. I have places to go in the morning.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #56
bpauers
Bryan

thats alright...actually weekendds work better for us too i guess. i talked to my drummer and he said weekends are better so yeah.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 AM   #57
J Remmy Jerms

Would we be practicing on Saturdays and Sundays or just Saturday? I thought about buying a bigger amp again and I'm going to hold off on it. My amp is loud enough for what I need it for. Do you want me to bring just my guitar and amp or do I need to bring anything else?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #58
bpauers
Bryan

probably sundays too....not sure. it depends on how serious we get about this. i have a 30 watt, so you should hold up okay. no i dont think youll need anything else, just the guitar, amp, and cable. if you have effects pedals, bring those. i only have one right now. my uncle has the other one. so either the 1st or 2nd weekend in june, we should be ok to audition.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #59
J Remmy Jerms

I would like it to be a serious band, but I don't want that to take away from the fun of playing. I'll be sure not to have anything going on for the 1st or 2nd weekend of June. I have an effects pedal, but I don't use it that much. I plan on buying a Slash Cry Baby wah pedal hopefully soon.

Last edited by J Remmy Jerms : 05-24-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #60
bpauers
Bryan

well i dont mean serious, i mean like i want to actually play shows. its going to be fun regardless. thats part of the reason we dropped the other guitarist was because he was too serious. he didnt want to play shows, but he got all pissy at us for no reason.

Rate This Thread: