Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #61
Dyer's Eve
I am what you see...

^Well that was my mental activity for the night.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #62
jewishosama
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spynal
That would be me, and four star off you four starring little five star. You probably didn't know four star about the four starring band or didn't give a four star until some mindless four starring five star decicded to play God. I've listened to four starring Pantera for probably long than alot of mother four starring people have listened to metal around here, and it four starring nmakes me want to kill a bunch of people when little four stars liek you come in here and pretend to know four star about the four starring band, got that?

you know, it actually took me a second to make sense of your post. but then i got it. hahaha... you know, i dont know **** about you, but judging by your posts, you seem like the last dude in the world id expect to listen to Pantera. but you do. kudos.

offical member #23 of the Metal Miltia

http://www.last.fm/user/jewishosama
jewishosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #63
Sun King
Finntroll & Moonsorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyer's Eve
^Well that was my mental activity for the night.

hahaha... same here.. but i know what he means.. although hes probably listend to pantera allot more than ive listened to them.
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Sun King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #64
chrismacker
Banned

i love pantera <3 (RIP Dime)
dimebag is my favorite guitarist, though phil is an awesome singer IMO, he could have screamed less live, but i still love pantera #1 band in the world \,,/ (0-0) \,,/
anyone know if those dimebag getcha' pull wristbands are still being sold cause i want one
chrismacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #65
battleaxe
twistedcon

Aggressive, Heavy, Ear Crushing and Mind blowing Music Via Dimebag. Those Badassed Phil Anselmo Vocals. Damn, Pantera was one hell of a band. They're right up there, with all those Thrash Metal Gods and have their own essence and importance to the Genre. Anyone who doesn't likes this band, They don't know what they're missing. Give it a one more shot. They truely ROCK.
RIP DIME
battleaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:00 AM   #66
Stratwizard
Fotzejäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
CFH kinda of starts to trail off after Domination, but then you have The Sleep and The Art of Shredding.

Yeah, and don't forget Cemetary Gates.

“Art is never finished, only abandoned.” -Leonardo Da Vinci
Stratwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #67
mingles
I am beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewishosama
you know, it actually took me a second to make sense of your post. but then i got it. hahaha... you know, i dont know **** about you, but judging by your posts, you seem like the last dude in the world id expect to listen to Pantera. but you do. kudos.

my thoughts exactly lol.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #68
mer_der_noms
Doesn't roll on Shabbos

I grew up on Pantera. He's the sole reason of me playing guitar today. Albeit they're overrated but you have to admit theyre damn good. Zeig Heil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
mer_der_noms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #69
chrismacker
Banned

^
pantera seems underrated to me...waaaay underrated, just IMO though...
chrismacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #70
Sun King
Finntroll & Moonsorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismacker
^
pantera seems underrated to me...waaaay underrated, just IMO though...

same here.. like people at my school where metal is their life, they're like their favorite band.. but people who also listen to metal, but not to that level havent even heard of them. but for example they know iron maiden and metallica and all those bands.
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Sun King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #71
LedZeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratwizard
Yeah, and don't forget Cemetary Gates.

Uh....Cemetery Gates is before Domination.
LedZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #72
liesofautumn
I'm a bad mother****er

I think The Sleep is far and away one of Dime's best solos. He just has a brilliant way of building them up then just going into a whole other realm of badassery
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
liesofautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #73
Enter_Metal
Metallica Living GOD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFFC_1865
Dimebag wasn't that great but he was decent. I'm not really a fan of their style!

Ok dude you dont even know what your talking about if your not a fan on the pantera style telle me what the f-u-c-k are you doing on a pantera forum
Old 03-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #74
Enter_Metal
Metallica Living GOD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun King
same here.. like people at my school where metal is their life, they're like their favorite band.. but people who also listen to metal, but not to that level havent even heard of them. but for example they know iron maiden and metallica and all those bands.

Thats Damn true dude I can tell you that in my school there is not a lot of big fan on metal but the real fan are ****en addict damn! WE LIVE FOR MUSIC
METAL UP YOUR ASS AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH
Old 03-21-2006, 07:09 PM   #75
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by greety
Look, plain and simple. Pantera were tremendous, they realeased some killer albums. They had there glory days. Dime was a great and original guitarist, but for a lot of wankers, it's time to move on. Seriously, how about I use a pantera song as an example for you? 'Yesterday don't mean Shit.' We don't want the next wave of 13 year olds wearing Dime shirts and proclaiming that it was actually his girlfriend who shot him, I meaaaaan.......NEEH! Give it a goddamned rest.

This thread is open for plain old Pantera Discussion, but if I come back in a days time and it's full of 'omg dime so gret, r.i.p i mis him! hey iz it true hiz name is abut a bag of pot? lol? dimebag? haharofl.'

Seriously, watch out.

yeah,.. I didn't get the RIP Dime shirt for that 13-year-old reason. I mean, one of my mates, who's an old-school punk asked this chick with a pink "Ramones" shirt "so, you like the Ramones, huh?".. and she was like "oh yeah, it's my favourite brand of clothing"...

I can see how people say that Dime was overrated, because he had his style, and he stuck to it, but never really ventured outside of what Pantera was, and i don't think Damageplan really gave him justice as a guitarist. But he was damn good.

What really gets me is how people tend to put Dimebag in the front to the point where it overshadows the entire band. Because it was all of them that made Pantera the influence that they were. Phil is a kickass singer, and you can especially see that on the first two albums, where he demonstrates just about every vocal style he's capable of. He has a great range, and a number of techniques at his disposal that suited the music. Rex was a good bassist, although what he played wasn't overly complicated. That was for a reason, and the bass still comes through as a force - it's there to create the base that Dime and Phil could go crazy on. And Vinnie Paul's drumming is also good. He has a good feel, and his drumming is really precise, but at the same time is full of ear candy - off beats, and what not. When you hear him drumming you can't mistake it.

What I really loved about guitar in Pantera though, is Dime's tone - it was complete aggression and brutality in rhythm, and really really tight, and then the solos opened up, and sounded almost as if the guitar was singing. Plus he made his clean tones sound really sinister and dark.
lastFM
Emenius Sleepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #76
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter_Metal
Ok dude you dont even know what your talking about if your not a fan on the pantera style telle me what the f-u-c-k are you doing on a pantera forum

well the original post said that it doesn't matter if the feedback is negative. It's for discussion of Pantera, good or bad. And he didn't say that he thought Pantera sucked, but rather that he wasn't a big fan, which is fair enough. He is entitled to his opinion. On the other hand, if he said Pantera sucked balls or something, and that Dimebag couldn't play guitar for ****, and was just generally being offensive, then there would be a problem. See where I'm coming from?
lastFM
Old 03-21-2006, 07:14 PM   #77
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesofautumn
I think The Sleep is far and away one of Dime's best solos. He just has a brilliant way of building them up then just going into a whole other realm of badassery

you know what? I agree. That song tends to be overlooked, but that solo is beautiful. It transcends this realm lol. THe melody is really beautiful, and the vibrato and a slightly bluesy feel to it bleeds emotion. And then it builds up to a shredding climax - and still keeps it melodic. Brilliant indeed
lastFM
Old 03-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #78
Schecterman17
R.I.P. Dime 66-04

Dime was one of the best. Pantera was a good band too. R.I.P. Dime forever inspiring.
Schecterman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:18 PM   #79
DaddyTwoFoot
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesofautumn

The Sleep has such an incredible solo. Whenever Pantera gets discussed on this forum, I almost always mention that song. It's my second favorite solo (behind Comfortably Numb).

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
DaddyTwoFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:05 AM   #80
greety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emenius Sleepus
*text*

Maybe my original post came across wrong. I love Pantera. Love them. I have a Dime Shirt, a guy in melbourne was running them for 5 bucks as a Legacy. About a week or two after Dime was shot. I love all the albums, love Dimes tone, love the vocals, drumming, bass. I love bloody everything about them. But I'm just sick of some of the shit that flys here about them and dime. So I just have to keep a tight leash.

Rate This Thread: