Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Electric Guitar Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-06-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
Trash Frog
Keep It Like A Secret

The Ultimate Accessories Thread!

Well since there is a ultimate guitar thread and an ultimate bass thread i think there should be an ultimate accessories thread. Include any accessory items(pedals, cables, string, etc.)

Here's what to include in your post:
Name of Item
Who It Is Made By
Features
Cost
Style of Music It Fits
Why You Like It
Picture

Well get going!

EDIT BY SV300:
RULES:
Keep it clean - I'll have this stickied

Spam, unrelated posts, or posts that simply do not have enough/relavant information, or give a poor review will be
deleted.

Please keep this thread filled with posts STRICTLY about gear.
Questions can be asked in PMs. Once again, unrelated posts, WILL be deleted, and users warned.

Last edited by SV300 : 06-18-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
nirvanaozzie
Exploded, done, finito

I officially endorse this thread, great idea!

To get it started, I'll do my Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah-Wah.

Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal

The wah is activated and de-activated by pressing the wah forward all the way, forcing the pedal to push down a small button under it. There is no on/off switch, just 2 jacks for chords and an unusual adapter.

I bought it for $50 used.

The wah has a ridiculously poor sweep, there is no midrange at all. There are really only 2 different sounds, high treble, and high bass. The sound doesn't change gradually, there is no gradual sweep or elegant transition from bassy to middy to trebly. When rocked all the way back, it sounds like any wah all the way back would, but then when it's about 30-40% forward, it sounds almost exactly the same. From about 40-60% forward there's a slight midrange which is really more trebly than anything. From about 60%-fully rocked down, it just sounds ridiculously icepicky and trebly, and if left in that position it would seriously cause major hearing damage.

I'm off to radioshack today to buy a bunch of random stuff to mod my crybaby, and I'll report back with the results.

P.S.
I hope this thread catches on, it'd be a great help to people who would actually bother to read it.

Texas law allows you to kill someone if you can prove they had intent to damage your property.

Last edited by nirvanaozzie : 03-06-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #3
dkpinhead
UG Board King

Name of Item- MXR Blue Box
Who It Is Made By- MXR
Features- Output and Blend
Cost- 130 list, 75 street
Style of Music It Fits- I don't know
Why You Like It- It's wierd as hell, it's an ocatve down distortion on acid basically.
Picture

Like I said earlier, this is an octave distortion. It switches randomly between 1 and 2 octaves, so you can hit the same not 5 times and not get the same sound twice.

The best way to describe it's sound would probably be a malfunctioning Atari. I use this pedal to just to confuse people really.

It can't be used for any real purpose but to get people to say "What the hell was that?".

This is by far my favorite pedal.

Last edited by dkpinhead : 03-06-2004 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
crzywhiteboy
Too Cool To Post

Boss DS-1
$40.00-50.00-dont remember the price but its no more than that.

I love this pedal, it has as much as distortion you want for metal. And you can always turn the distortion down. it has an output and input and an adapter jack. And it has great sound for rock like guns n roses and zeppelin. Its a GREAT pedal and very very cheep.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2004, 12:26 PM   #5
Backup Guitar
I have no life

I think I'll continue on the DS-1.

For anyone who thinks they need an OD-20 drive zone to get a blues distortion, you are wrong. This pedal handles a great trebly, raunchy blues distortion with ease. Getting true overdrive can be a little difficult, but it certainly handles a lot of great stuff.

My favourite setting is having the tone just past 12:00, and the Drive at full. Then, on my amp, I have the mids at about 5-6, treble at 7 and bass at 5. It's simply a great, heavy sound. I use it with .011 gauge strings and whole step down tuning, and it just works amazing. It brings my squier strat and frontman 15 amp to life.

EDIT: I have a soundclip of me playing through the DS-1 straight to the computer. Clickhere to have a listen. The settings are: Gain at full, tone at 12:00, level at 12:00. Of course, when put through my amp, it does sound a bit more contained. I'll also be submitting my DS-1 for modifications to Robert Keeley, and I'll be sure to update you guys once that comes through.

UG Schecter Fan Club. Member #1.5

Last edited by Backup Guitar : 04-06-2004 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #6
chrisb0109
UG Luthier

Behringer V-amp 2

Made by - Behringer

Features - Amp modeling, Cabinet modeling, Effects

Cost - $130 USD

Style of Music - Any style. It comes with 125 presets that range from Blues to Metal to Funk as well as just so f*cking wierd sounds.

Why I Like It - The V-Amp 2 fits any style of music I have ever tryed to play and pulls it off amazingly. Its distortion is amazing (especialy when set on one of the two rectified amp models). The effects are great and very controlable. There is a seperate reverb control which v=can be use at the same time with up to two other effects, distortion, and amp and cabinet modeling.

I also think that people should include any problems with the product.

Problems - The foot switch that comes with is is pretty much sh*t. But they do sell a MIDI foot controller that can be used with it. However it is another $130.

www.lp.org

Last edited by chrisb0109 : 03-06-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #7
~Rock~Guitarist

Re: The Ultimate Accessories Thread!

BOSS TU-2 Chromatic Tuner $80-100 US

-Handsfree operation
-'Stream" meter for easy accuracy
-Seven modes for easy options
-Seven-segment LED

This tuner is great for many reasons. One thing that I like about it is it's handsfree operation. Simply step on it, hit the string you want to tune and it will show up on the meter with unbeatable accuracy. You can't forget it's design either. The TU-2 is extremely compact, just like all of BOSS' pedals and extremely durable too. Whether you plan on using the TU-2 for gigs, or just for home use, it is a very ideal buy.

Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Old 03-07-2004, 03:53 AM   #8
YouKnowYourRite
Protégé of Five Magics

Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble

Name of Item : CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Who It Is Made By : Boss
Features : Compact chorus pedal, High and low filters, E.Level, Rate and Depth controls
Cost : £32 (Pre-owned)

This great compact pedal gives a range of chorus tones from mild and natural, to clear and penetrating stereo chorus.I bought this pedal from e-Bay for £32 and it has proven to be truly a great buy, i use this mostly for my clean playing to add another dimension to my cleans but i also use it with distortion to add that 'nother dimension to my tone.

Last edited by YouKnowYourRite : 03-07-2004 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:44 PM   #9
Backup Guitar
I have no life

I'm voting we're allowed to post strings. Let's hope nirvanaozzie "officially" endorses that.

Brand: D'addario
Type: XL Nickelplated steel, .011 - .049
Cost: 6-7 bucks, tops.
Description: Well, I've used other gauges of D'addario, and these certainly take the cake. I use them on whole step down tuning (what else?) and they're amazing for chord work, acoustic playing, and even fast soloing. I mainly stick to pull ons and hammer offs, and it works great all around. Compared to the old fender bullets, and even d'addario 10's, these just sound great. And you can't beat the price of these strings. It almost has an "alive" sort of feel. Meaning that the sound isn't flat at all... it almost shimmers. Say, I play a low powerchord on the typical distortion settings, these things really pull out some great crunch. Wonderful fast action, and I don't seem to have a lot of hiss when I run my fingers along them. The high strings have great high end clarity, while the bottom strings are booming with power. Great for any type of rock to jazz. You can also get this gauge with a wound third string. Make sure you read the package carefully, as I once accidentally bought the wrong set and had to go back to the music store to exchange it.

I also use D'addario because of the environmentally friendly packaging. And the players points. One more string package till I get my Vandoren coffee mug.

UG Schecter Fan Club. Member #1.5
Old 03-13-2004, 01:09 PM   #10
Rebelw/outaCord
rebel without a chord

Quote:
Originally posted by Backup Guitar
I'm voting we're allowed to post strings. Let's hope nirvanaozzie "officially" endorses that.

Brand: D'addario
Type: XL Nickelplated steel, .011 - .049
Cost: 6-7 bucks, tops.
Description: Well, I've used other gauges of D'addario, and these certainly take the cake. I use them on whole step down tuning (what else?) and they're amazing for chord work, acoustic playing, and even fast soloing. I mainly stick to pull ons and hammer offs, and it works great all around. Compared to the old fender bullets, and even d'addario 10's, these just sound great. And you can't beat the price of these strings. It almost has an "alive" sort of feel. Meaning that the sound isn't flat at all... it almost shimmers. Say, I play a low powerchord on the typical distortion settings, these things really pull out some great crunch. Wonderful fast action, and I don't seem to have a lot of hiss when I run my fingers along them. The high strings have great high end clarity, while the bottom strings are booming with power. Great for any type of rock to jazz. You can also get this gauge with a wound third string. Make sure you read the package carefully, as I once accidentally bought the wrong set and had to go back to the music store to exchange it.

I also use D'addario because of the environmentally friendly packaging. And the players points. One more string package till I get my Vandoren coffee mug.

I gotta get 3 more for a shirt

I use the same gauge and they cost me $3.33 per set.

Ok my review

Name of Item- Dunlop Straplocks
Who It Is Made By - Dunlop
Features- Locks
Cost- $20? I paid 20 with installation.
Style of Music It Fits- All of them
Why You Like It- My guitar doesnt fall. They have never failed me yet. Really easy to use, too.
Picture

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Old 03-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #11
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Re: The Ultimate Accessories Thread!

[B]Name of Item: Zoom GFX-8
Who It Is Made By: ZOOM (duh)
Features:
V.A.M.S. Circuitry
Custom Distortion (that OWNS, there are endless possibilities)
69 effect types
Metal body
Intuitive interface
Patch memory
4ch equalizer
MIDI compatability
and a LOT more
Cost: 279.99 USD
Style of Music It Fits: Any style... it's a freaking multi-effects processor, it's MEANT to fit more than one style
Why You Like It:
The main reason why I like this pedal is how customizable it is... Each effect has a multitude of different paramaters which are easily (if you read the manual) tweaked to your liking. On the same line as tweaking, it has "Manual" mode which allows for quick and easy tweaking allowing you to step on the footswith to turn on that specific effect.

Soundwise, it's completely killer. I would have to say that this excels in the 'Modulation' effects, though they are all good. Every Mod effect is crisp and clean and easily edited, as I said before.

Though overall the mod effects are the best, in my opinion this pedal has some of the best distortions I have ever heard. I can easily get Opeth-esque distortion (from songs such as To Bid You Farewell and Black Rose Immortal). I can also get such smooth distortions as though used by Satriani (Why, for example) and Vai (For The Love Of God). Classic distortions (Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top) are also easily obtained.

The reverb/delay effects are also very good, but I hardly ever use delay effects and I use my amp (Peavey Delta Blues 210) when it comes to reverb.

Great pedal for the price
Picture:
Old 03-26-2004, 09:31 AM   #12
guano wape
"Rawr!"

Name of Item: DOD juice box

Who It Is Made By: DOD

Features: slight warm tube overdrive stimulator, boost ur allready driven sound so it sounds like a tube drive..
pulp (bass) tang (treble) juice (gain) sweet (level) knobs

Cost: 70 euros

Style of Music It Fits: most styles, when played only whit the juice, it sounds kinda bluesy.. fits every stile...

Why You Like It: long sustain if used for boost of ur drive channel... good foor long melodic solo's... also sweet when playing long (power) chords.. sweet sound, good overdrive when played alone with juice box..

Picture:

Member of Original recordings Group, PM freepower
Claymen.dmusic.com
Old 03-27-2004, 01:25 PM   #13
Gurgle!Argh!
-

Boss DSD-3 Sampler Delay

Has four controls, the usual delay things, level, repeats, time and a control to select between the long and short delays and the sampler.

Cost me £52 from eBay

I suppose it could be used for most kinds of music really, delay is a pretty common effect. I like to set my delay length to about 600ms, my repeats jus past 12 o clock, and my level at about 12 o clock, for a nice atmospheric wash, which can also be used to build up a bit of a wall of repeats and playing. I also enjoy messing with the sampler. As its only 800ms, it isn't a lot of use musically(I only got the sampler version because they tend to go for less on eBay than just the standard dd-3s), and you can only really get one bar at the most sampled, but i prefer to put in loads of overdubs, staying in a key, but not thinking about what i play until it just builds to a solid wall of sound, which can be very fun, especially combined with feedback etc. Once you have this wall of sound, its then possible to use the time knb to manipulate its pitch and just generally creat fu<C>cked up noise... very fun.

Also, the pedal is a lot darker than the picture makes it seem....
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2004, 03:58 PM   #14
StreamLine
BareKnuckle Freak

Digitech WH-1

Name of Item WH-1 (Original Whammy Pedal)

Who It Is Made By Digitech

Features

3 modes: harmonizing, pitchchanging and a 'detune' mode where original signal is mixed with the slightly (Shallow) or strongly (Deep) signal.

harmonizing mode offers the following intervals (they are in reference to pitch of original signal):

[ pedal 'down' / pedal 'up']
-1 octave / +1 octave
-5th / -4th
-4th / -3rd
+5th / +7th
+5th / +6th
+4th / +5th
+3rd / +4th
+b3rd / +3rd
+2nd / +3rd

these are the pitch changing modes:

['down' = unchanged signal]

+1 octave
+2 octaves
-2nd
-1 octave
-2octaves

and there are the two 'detune' modes as described earlier.

Input; 'Dry' output, 'Wet Added' output'.

rotary switch / knob to change mode, bypass switch (true bypass as far as i know); expression pedal (very smooth rocking motion! much smoother than any wah you'll ever try).

the pedal only runs of an external 10V digitech made power adapter.... these are rare; the previous owner of now my WH-1 had to get one shipped form US, and to this day i use the WH-1 with taht power adapter and a voltage changer.

Cost

if you want the originals, prepare to spend some serious buck. I got mine for £240 ($400) - and i actually got a good deal.

Style of Music It Fits

hard rock, metal and shred would be best i think.

It is a pedal which is almost like a new instrument - its very hard to use it and get MUSICAL sounds out of it, and not 2 octave shifting jibberish thats out of key and just horrible.

If used well however, it can really create interesting and exciting sounds, to see what i mean, check out these songs:

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name [solo] - one octave up

Joe Satriani - Cool #9 - in various places, one octave up mode too.

i mean pretty much any Tom Morello (formerly of RATM, now of Audioslave) has WH-1 in it. other famous users of the WH-1 are Edge of U2, Steve Vai, Steven Carpenter.

Edge in fact is obsessed with WH-1's, when he found out they will no longer be made, he went out and bought ANOTHER 9, just in case if his one breaks. keep in mind the prices on those things.... taht tells you something, eh?

Why You Like It

well its the Red Ferrari, the 1960's Marshall amp or the Fender Nocaster of effects.

i have never met another guitarist taht has a WH-1, and every one of them that had seen or played my WH-1 were deeply awed; so definetely the 'wow' factor.

and its ferrri red colour! how cool is that!

now being serious, this is one of the craziest and most desirable effect pedals of all time. it is vintage now to an extent, and it will keep getting rarer and rarer, hence more and more expensive.

unlike the Original Tubescreamer obsession, the prices for the WH-1's are reasonable, because you can just buy a re-issue Tubescreamer and do the TS808 mod, which is essentially putting in one easily available chip..... and you will not hear the difference between the two. I have tried it for myself, and its true. the TS808 mod is all you need.

now, the WH-1 obsession (hence high prices) is totally a different matter. let me explain the why.

when Digitech was formed in the 80's, they wanted to launch a big effects pedal that would put them in the centre of the effects market. The pedal they designed was the WH-1.

it was meant to be a pedal that not only replaced the need for tremolo bridges, ala for doing pull-ups, divebombs, etc but extend the range and add further versatility to whammy bar effects (hence the name). they went about this task by designing a totally digital pedal, with an expression pedal, which changed the amount of pitch changing.

at the very heart of the pedal's operation were two chips, especially written by an outside software company (the name of which has escaped my memory). anyway as this was Digitech's first product more or less, they wanted to make it the best quality possible (as you do when you try to have a big impact on the guitar effects market). they used durable materials, top quality circuit components, and of course the custom written software chips. the next objective was to make it as cheap as possible.

the pedal did not really take off (as obvious from the lack of 'Whammy' sounds in 80's guitar music...).... so one way or the other, the software compare tore up the contract to make those chips..... this meant Digitech could no longer manufacture the whammy pedals as they were in their present state - it would have cost way too much to have the chips rewritten by another company - so what they did, they made basic Digitech copies of the chips, which have been put on every pedal reissue version (i.e. the WH-2, WH-3, WH-4).

the Original WH-1 is known for nigh-on perfect note tracking and highly realistic harmonizer as well as actual pitch changing effects. on any reissue of the Whammy, the effects sound pretty horrible, very digital, the tracking on th WH-4 i found to be jyst awful.

now in context of the Tubescreamer - these chips will never be made again - Digitech will never make exact reissues of the WH-1 becaase it would simply cost too much. each pedal would end up running at about $300 new, and they would hardly sell. however whereas you can have a 'vintage' tubescreamer after one mod, this mod is not possible with the WH-1 unless you're looking after tracking down some original chips.

in layman's terms, the WH-1 is vastly superior to any other WH reissue. to me, it sthe king of effects, and that is why i sold two of my guitars so i could buy a WH-1.

with the WH-1 i can play a guitar and have it sound like a bass. so close to a bass in fact, that i fooled a couple of my friends by showing them a recording of me playing 'bass'.

so you can play overdrive bass, Cliff-style (r.i.p)..... -2 octaves is insane, you can blow a bass amp with that! and its great on +octave modes; the harmozing is great too, but only really works
with single notes - anything more than two notes at a time makes it muddy....

detune mode is great for making creepy out of tune noises! with 'shallow' mode, its possible to get that 'digital' sound! makes the tone very thick and it gives the impression that two guitars are playing at once.

basically, if you like what you hear, have enough money and see one......... buy it and dont let go! these things own!

even if you buy it and decide you dont like it, you can easily resell it at the same price (or wait a couple of years and you'll get a profit )

Picture
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2004, 11:10 PM   #15
floydsquared
UG Fanatic

Name of Item-digitech RP200A
Who It Is Made By-digitech
Features-amp modeling, effects (such as rotary speaker, envelope, vibrato, reverb, delay, pitch shifter, chorus, flange, whammy, tremolo), drum machine (30 beats), customizable effects (40 slots), 40 artist sets, 40 factory sets (for those that are lazy, 120 total sets), expression pedal
Cost-$150
Style of Music It Fits-all, but doesnt do very well with metal
Why You Like It-very versatile and suprisingly good tones, digitech has a site where you can post your settings and get settings

Last edited by floydsquared : 03-30-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:11 PM   #16
StreamLine
BareKnuckle Freak

Re: The Ultimate Accessories Thread! <- MAKE USE OF THIS!

ok, nirvanaozzie posted earlier about his Crybaby Wah Pedal....

i have one too, and i agree with everything he said; so i too studied the schematics and made two modifications to mine that have made a MASSIVE difference to the sound, hence i will review a 'modified Crybaby'.

Name of Item Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby 'StreamLine mod'

Who It Is Made By Jim Dunlop USA, modified by me

Features a wah pedal. click on button at top. rock foot back and forth, difference you hear is 'wah'. d'uh
Cost £70 new, plus several caps and resistors (about 30p each)

Style of Music It Fits the modified version fits a variety of music, but most notably metal because of the powerful sweep, quite like the Bad Horsie in terms of tone now.

Why You Like It its unique, built like a tank, will last forever; has a great wah tone, exactly what i always wanted.

now to the changes, i've read up a lot on wah mods and schematics, and armed with several resistors, inductors and capacitors i set out to mod my wah .

what i eventually settled on was a two item mod, in comparison with the 'Original' Crybaby.

i replaced the 33k resistor which is in parallel with the inductor with one that is 100k (the smaller circled component on pic); this was done to give the wah a more vocal quality, which is exactly what it gave me. the wah does not longer sound harsh and agressive as it did before. when used with no overdrive, it gives a lovely, smooth vocal tone, much like the Vox Clyde McCoy which are considered to be one of the best ever wah's by many.....

second mod was replacing0.01µF cap with a 0.068µF cap, which increased the wah range, in making it more trebly and more powerful overall., i tried several higher values, but ended up sticking with the 0.068 - it sounds great IMO.

ok basically, this is a simple mod, costing next to nothing (albeit several burns on fingers, lol); this dramatically changes teh wah's sound like i said before.

so just describe the change, imagine something like a Dimebag sig wah, or Bad Horsie, Vai's sig - it sounds closer to taht now. at the bass end notes have a fair bit of treble too - lots of definition; sounds a lot like the satch 'reverse' wah trick he does. the actual just has more power.

having said that it still maintains 'Crybaby' feel and overall smooth tone; to me, this is the perfect cross between a 'vintage' wah and a modern high gain designed wah pedal, it responds wonderfully to different gain settings - very versatile.

here's the pic of the modded PCB, two changed components are circled. (the large one is the 0.068uF cap, smaller one is the 100k resistor).

i hope this helps, and if you got any comments or opinions please PM me, as i understand SV300 wants to keep this thread 'review-only'

Picture
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2004, 07:57 AM   #17
Five Bob
UG Newbie

Zoom PS 04

Zoom PS 04

I just bought a Zoom PS 04 Palmtop studio coz' i was sick of forgetting all the cool song ideas id come up with......

I havent yet got the thing mastered but i tell you for the money this is a great product i would reccomend it to anyone who was thinking of buying anything in the digital recorder low price range.

Drum Machine
Bass programming
4 tracks (with 10 v takes on each track)
Fully integrated guitar, vocal and mastering effect presets (this is great cos you can use it for practising with just the headphones on)

it didnt come with a transformer but 4 aa batteries last for 10 hours...

It cost me $420 australian which works out to $310 us or 173 pounds. good value i thought considering what it does

heaps more, just ask me if you want to know anything more

Last edited by SV300 : 04-15-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:51 AM   #18
SpeedsterP
UG's Proghead

Like the RP-200A, but can't afford it? Try this little guy:

Name of Item : RP-50

Who It Is Made By; Digitech

Features: Same as the RP-200A, but without the artist Presets.

Cost:$99... I got it for $59 at Gutiar center, though.

Style of Music It Fits: Any. The matal thing applies, as well.

Why You Like It: CHEAPNESS! Oh, GOd, for the money you pay you have a MaCHINE that is incredible!

Picture:

I love it. I have gotten Pink Floyd sounds, the Metallicrunch, and Blues tones that are awesome. I reccomend this thing for someone who just wants the effects and wants to play a bit.

The Prog fan you never wanted to meet.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:24 AM   #19
Bill43
I like it here

Name of Item: Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe Tuner

Who It Is Made By: Peterson

Features: Just about anything you could ever imagine in a tuner and its extremely precise.

Cost: $199.00 USD

Why You Like It: Intonation and tuning are so close to perfect it should be a crime. The ability to tune a multitude of different instruments and the "sweetened" guitar tuning does make a hell of a difference. I also like the portability of this unit over my bench strobe. I can take this anywhere without any hesitation because of its size and the fact its battery or AC powered (it comes with a wall wart). I also like the back lit screen. The VS-1 did not have a backlit screen and sometimes the glare was unreal... the backlit screen put and end to that problem, plus the VS-II has quite a few more functions over the VS-1. The programmable functions are a breeze. You can save any setup you can imagine.

Downside: The price. Its expensive for a tuner, but if you're really into more instruments than just guitars or you want perfect tuning and intonation, this is about the least expensive strobe available on the market.

Manufacturers Site: http://www.petersontuners.com/produ...elvs2/index.cfm

Old 04-28-2004, 05:14 AM   #20
Asomodai
Bitter UG Veteran

Boss BF-2 Flanger pedal.

Quite possibly one of the best flange pedals ever made!

I aquired this pedal which is a japan made early 90's relic for £20 and i have been extremely happy with it.

cant get much simpler than stepping on it....four knobs isn'trocket science........i use this all the time manual-all the way up, rate and depth at 12:00, and regeneration all the way down

it does great for the sound i want, i use a Washburn Ec36 through a Laney VA50, it colors my tone without distorting my whole signal, it is also noiseless no hum feedback etc.....sounds good with the ME-30 i have used, but if you mess with the knobs to much you can get some really sillyass sounds
Forget what people have said about "delays" and junk. A flange is not a delay with "extra" controls. Consider this, your flanger travels across the frequency spectrum. It goes back and forth. The manual knob is used in conjuntion with the depth knob. The depth controls how far along the spectrum the flange will travel, and the manual is the origin, or starting point of the spectrum. Put it in the middle, and the frequency will travel evenly from either side of the center of the spectrum. Just thought I'd clear this up. This is not a delay, it doesnt sound like a delay, it bears no reminence to a delay. Get this if you want a flanger, get a delay if you want a delay.
They key to a great pedal is its versatility. How many different types of sounds can you get from the pedal? Well, you can get metallic sounds, robotic sounds, classic flanging sounds, chorus sounds, feedback sounds.... all from this single pedal.

Many pedals i have owned have failed the test of time and have been sold on ((Boss PW-10, Boss Cs-3 Compressor, Boss Power driver)) But this pedal i will keep. Excellant unit

Rob
Ovation Magnum 1

Rate This Thread: