Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #921
khariii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickayR
can't decide between the Epiphone Dove or the hummingbird? Which one guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzice
Are there any decent guitars in the $300-400 that have a thinner neck? I'm not sure if all guitar necks are standard, but my hands are a bit small and I have been having some nerve issues. I currently use a Yamaha FG730S, but I'm thinking about pawning it off for an electric acoustic if I can find one that is easier on my fingers. For some reason the FG730S has always seemed harsh on my fingers compared to friends' guitars.

I saw these last two and had to reply. DO NOT get the Epiphone Dove or the hummingbird. Get the EJ-200, that goes to both of you. If you can't afford it, get the EJ-200 artist series, which is literally the same exact guitar without any frills. The normal EJ is $399, it has a very slim neck for an acoustic, low action as well. The artist EJ goes for $199.99. They both have almost perfect reviews as well. If you like classic rock influenced music, its the definitive acoustic. George Harrison, Bob Dylan. It is VERY loud, very punchy. The strings that come with it are complete shit though, fair warning.

I just bought this guitar about 3 days ago at GC for 179.99, the artist one. It's literally the best acoustic guitar under $500 by a long, long shot. I've played the yahama FGs, ovations, the dove, the hummingbird, the seagull. The seagull isn't too bad, but still. An EJ with a decent set of strings is possibly the best bit of equipment I've ever chose.

And I'm usually a Fender man ;]

Somebody buy me an Jazzmaster.
khariii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #922
khariii

This is Oasis using the EJ 200, just highly customized. Noel loved them to death, wrote most of the early songs on it. It wasnt until a few years back that he switched to the Gibson J-200, the same model basically, just $3,000-4,000.

Somebody buy me an Jazzmaster.

Last edited by khariii : 07-03-2011 at 11:23 AM.
khariii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #923
Gilbert06

Hi guys.

I am new to the forums and am looking for some advice on guitars in this price range. I play mostly fingerstyle james taylor, Simon and Garfunkel type stuff along with a lot of Jack Johnson etc and am looking for a warm sounding, non tinny acoustic. I would prefer no pickups as standard since i have heard many say the sound will be better on straight up acoustic guitars.

I really like Yamaha Guitars and have been looking at the FG700MS. What are your opinions on this guitar? Will it give me the sound i am looking for etc.

I have also been looking at the Lorenzo L449. This guitar was named the best acoustic under $1000 but nowhere has one to test. Does anyone have any information on this guitar with regards to sound and playability? I know it is really stripped down so would hope they focused on the quality.

Finally, if anyone knows other models from this price range which could fit my style, i would appreciate any info.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Dave
Gilbert06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #924
d28pkr

In my opinion, if you have $300 to spend on a guitar, look for a Nippon Gaki Japanese Yamaha, 1970 era or a Japanese made Epiphone from the same era. Anything $300 or less bought new is junk.
d28pkr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: