Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #81
jimtaka
i like acoustic guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn82y
the breedlove or the washburn..... and if its the breedlove, i absolutly love it, i just have the urge to buy a new guitar....but i know i dont need one

i was talking about the breedlove... i absolutely love that guitar
jimtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #82
Chips-
UG Newbie

I picked up my FG730S today from the store and my god this is a beautiful guitar. It sounds awesome. The factory setup was perfect, but I put some Elixir Nanoweb Extra Lights (.10-.47, cost 26? :O) on it, so now it buzzes a little around the first five frets if I strum hard. The original strings were .11s or .12s.

I'm very happy with this guitar. I almost bought an Ibanez E/A but thanks to this thread I changed my mind and got something much better.
Chips- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:29 PM   #83
MESAexplorer
Spider Pig

I dunno about your opinions about Epi acoustics but i find they all have an exceptional feel and tone. My uncle has an older washburn acoustic electric and i find it sounds great too, but the action is a tad on the high side...nothing a little sandpaper can't fix.
MESAexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #84
s0c13tysuckz

fender dg-20ce

its acoustic/electric. but nothing really ever compares with fenders . 259.99 too.
s0c13tysuckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #85
roamingbard13
needs a nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0c13tysuckz
fender dg-20ce

its acoustic/electric. but nothing really ever compares with fenders . 259.99 too.

Please put down whatever you've been smoking. Or injecting. Or snorting. Or imbibing. At this point, we would like you to go pick up ANY of the guitars listed at the top of this page and compare it with your Fender. If you really think it sounds better, then a guitar that is more then $200 is a waste on you.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
roamingbard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:39 AM   #86
kpasa01

^^Ditto. Fender knows electrics but when it comes to acoustics I would rather leave it up to a company that has been making them for years and has put everything into making a great sounding guitar.
kpasa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 AM   #87
fsb_ben
Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0c13tysuckz
fender dg-20ce

Clearly he's an acoustic noobie, take it easy on him boys

Best guitars under $300 thread
Best looking guitar thread

My Gear

Martin D15
Ibanez RD707
Boss DS-1
Fender BXR 25
fsb_ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #88
Hawaiiguy

Takamine G340SC

Does anyone have experience with this guitar?

$250.....

http://www.americanmusical.com/item...-G340SC-NT.html
Hawaiiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #89
SomeAznFool90
UG Newbie

Rogue Herringbone Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar

$129.99 @ Musician's Friend [house brand, made in China]

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=519293

Here's some sound clips so you can get an idea of what it sounds like [hosted on FileFactory, you'll have to wait a few seconds for the download]. Yeah, the playing and quality of the recording is not exactly the best [I used the Sound Recorder that comes w/ XP] but thought you should get a rough idea at least.

Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3

If nothing else, look @ the ratings on the site. For my money [I bought it back before MF jacked all their prices, @ $119.99], it has to be the best bang for the buck I've ever gotten. Personally, I feel I got my money's worth. Granted, this thing was made in China, but it's got active Fishman Electronics [Classic 4, same stuff they use in the cheaper Martin A/Es IIRC], Martin strings [medium, .13-.60], spruce top, & mahogany back & sides. Also, the nut and saddle feel as if they're bone, but I don't know if it's just some material that's been treated to feel like bone, or geniune bone.

Just a suggestion, anyway.
SomeAznFool90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #90
Scuba-Steve

Wow, I havnt been here in a while...so I'll just get to the piont of what I was going to ask.

First of all, I am new at guitar..pretty much, I have been playing for about a year and a half...and I wanted to buy a better acoustic. So a pawn shop opened up and they have a guitar in the window. Its a Fender San Marino, it comes with a case, and the clerk s offering 175 for it....it has one little crack in the back, and thats it.

And yes, I know you guys are probably getting ready to tell me fender acoustics suck and what not, and that I shouldnt be looking at pawn shops for a guitar,but I just really wondered if it was a good deal or not...and thats really it...

thanks in advance to those who help me out
Scuba-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #91
SomeAznFool90
UG Newbie

Eh, get a friend or relative or whatever who's been playing a for bit [maybe a few years?] and get their opinon on it.

Better yet, bring a few friends and get a number of opinions on it.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #92
fsb_ben
Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiguy
Takamine G340SC

Does anyone have experience with this guitar?

$250.....

http://www.americanmusical.com/item...-G340SC-NT.html

Not a solid top, not worth the $, get a solid top acoustic and mic the guitar = much better sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAznFool90
Rogue Herringbone Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar

$129.99 @ Musician's Friend [house brand, made in China]

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=519293

Here's some sound clips so you can get an idea of what it sounds like [hosted on FileFactory, you'll have to wait a few seconds for the download]. Yeah, the playing and quality of the recording is not exactly the best [I used the Sound Recorder that comes w/ XP] but thought you should get a rough idea at least.

Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3

If nothing else, look @ the ratings on the site. For my money [I bought it back before MF jacked all their prices, @ $119.99], it has to be the best bang for the buck I've ever gotten. Personally, I feel I got my money's worth. Granted, this thing was made in China, but it's got active Fishman Electronics [Classic 4, same stuff they use in the cheaper Martin A/Es IIRC], Martin strings [medium, .13-.60], spruce top, & mahogany back & sides. Also, the nut and saddle feel as if they're bone, but I don't know if it's just some material that's been treated to feel like bone, or geniune bone.

Just a suggestion, anyway.

Its a cheap guitar and if u desperately want an AE for cheap, then sure go for it.. but it definately is not a contender for "best" guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve
Wow, I havnt been here in a while...so I'll just get to the piont of what I was going to ask.

First of all, I am new at guitar..pretty much, I have been playing for about a year and a half...and I wanted to buy a better acoustic. So a pawn shop opened up and they have a guitar in the window. Its a Fender San Marino, it comes with a case, and the clerk s offering 175 for it....it has one little crack in the back, and thats it.

And yes, I know you guys are probably getting ready to tell me fender acoustics suck and what not, and that I shouldnt be looking at pawn shops for a guitar,but I just really wondered if it was a good deal or not...and thats really it...

thanks in advance to those who help me out

Think about it, u know Fender already makes ****ty acoustics when compared to the competition in its price range.. and ur willing to settle for one with a crack in the back?? Cmon man, ur better off ebaying.

My Gear

Martin D15
Ibanez RD707
Boss DS-1
Fender BXR 25

Last edited by fsb_ben : 05-28-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #93
Hawaiiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsb_ben
Not a solid top, not worth the $, get a solid top acoustic and mic the guitar = much better sound.
Ben, thanks for your input, but the ads say that it has a "solid spruce top."

Hawaiiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #94
SomeAznFool90
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsb_ben

Its a cheap guitar and if u desperately want an AE for cheap, then sure go for it.. but it definately is not a contender for "best" guitar.

Think about it, u know Fender already makes ****ty acoustics when compared to the competition in its price range.. and ur willing to settle for one with a crack in the back?? Cmon man, ur better off ebaying.

What? This was a best guitar thread?

****, my bad. I thought it was more of a 'what guitars are decent for under 300' kinda thing. Must've missed it.

Thanks for pointing it out though
Old 05-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #95
fsb_ben
Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiguy
Ben, thanks for your input, but the ads say that it has a "solid spruce top."

LOL sorry. I browsed REALLY quick. Well at least its gotta solid top! Now u just gotta play that guitar along with some other ones to decide if u like the sound. Check for resonance.. bass etc. If it sounds "tinny", thats not a good sign :-)

My Gear

Martin D15
Ibanez RD707
Boss DS-1
Fender BXR 25
Old 05-31-2006, 02:53 PM   #96
JGamble

As for the Ibanez AW40, it's nice but...

I went to Guitar Center to check it out and I saw one that looked similair. You guys should check out the Fender DG100. It's like the Ibanez but it seems to have a fuller sound and better tuners. It doesn't have the vine inlay, though. The clerk said they were made in the same factory.

I would suggest it, I saw it there for $299.
JGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #97
jimtaka
i like acoustic guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGamble
As for the Ibanez AW40, it's nice but...

I went to Guitar Center to check it out and I saw one that looked similair. You guys should check out the Fender DG100. It's like the Ibanez but it seems to have a fuller sound and better tuners. It doesn't have the vine inlay, though. The clerk said they were made in the same factory.

I would suggest it, I saw it there for $299.

imo, they should shut that factory down
Old 06-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #98
JGamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtaka
imo, they should shut that factory down

Maybe, but it seemed like a decent guitar for the money though. Even though you may only be able to get one at GC or used online somewhere. But I know not everyone likes Fender acoustics, just thought I'd add this as being a one up on the AW40 IMO.
JGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #99
gregorisgod
UG Member

Tanglewood TW28-STUA-CE anyone? What's it like? It's the one I'm looking at buying (lefty), and it's solid spruce top, sounded good in the shop etc, only 229.

Can anyone suggest anything similar? I like the cutaway and I'm left handed, which limits my options.

http://www.myspace.com/palladiotype

Banned lyrics: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=474250 - pm with insults etc.

R.F.C.<3
gregorisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #100
jimtaka
i like acoustic guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGamble
Maybe, but it seemed like a decent guitar for the money though. Even though you may only be able to get one at GC or used online somewhere. But I know not everyone likes Fender acoustics, just thought I'd add this as being a one up on the AW40 IMO.

haha, i was just kidding around man. i have played a few fender and ibanez acoustics that sounded pretty decent and maybe even one or two that sounded pretty good. everybody has different tastes

Rate This Thread: