Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #41
Guitar_junkie
Guitar Junkie

Black Sabbath is one of my favorite bands, saw em at ozzfest this year and it made my day. They didnt beat iron maiden, but who does? my favorite albums by sabbath would have to be self titled and sabbath bloody sabbath, master of reality next, paranoid then vol.4. Techinical ecstacy is good to listen to when im depressed. Never say die is probably my least favorite. Dio is good, but ozzy will always be the best sabbath singer.
Guitar_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #42
Rock1986
Kill Em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face The Slayer
Man, i saw this thread and HAD to post.

Favourite CD is Master of Reality, awesome opening track "Sweet Leaf", beautiful instrumental "Orchid" and Children Of The Grave kciks taco. My favourite part it the drums

I have Self-titled, Paranoid (Both tied for second favourite) and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Its been said before, and ills ay it again they are THE godfathers of metal, no matter how many people say Zeppelin just because they came first. They're all genuises (Except for Bill he's just plain good) and inspire everyone in any genre of music, from metal to pop-rock-ish crap. (I saw the drummer from Mobile wearing a Master Of Reality Tshirt in a video). 4th favourite band.

And are Heaven and Hell and Volume 4 good cds? I was hesitant to buy them for whatever reason...

Heaven and Hell is a very solid album, especially the title track, which happens to one of my favoirte SAbbath songs of all time
or on the trigger of your gun
Rock1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 AM   #43
ratbollocks
rat salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face The Slayer
Man, i saw this thread and HAD to post.

Favourite CD is Master of Reality, awesome opening track "Sweet Leaf", beautiful instrumental "Orchid" and Children Of The Grave kciks taco. My favourite part it the drums

I have Self-titled, Paranoid (Both tied for second favourite) and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Its been said before, and ills ay it again they are THE godfathers of metal, no matter how many people say Zeppelin just because they came first. They're all genuises (Except for Bill he's just plain good) and inspire everyone in any genre of music, from metal to pop-rock-ish crap. (I saw the drummer from Mobile wearing a Master Of Reality Tshirt in a video). 4th favourite band.

And are Heaven and Hell and Volume 4 good cds? I was hesitant to buy them for whatever reason...

Volume 4 is a pretty good album, its got some real cool songs in it like Supernaut, Cornucopia, and many others but it aint as good as the first three albums, but still worth getting.

As for Heaven and Hell, well I have'nt listened to that album that much because its sabbath with Dio which I am not really fan of...
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
ratbollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #44
sgtsniff

Sabbath rocks!!
their best album is Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and Ozzy is way better than Dio.
sgtsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #45
Buckk Dich

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkisking
Electric Funeral ftw!

qft
Buckk Dich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #46
distilledspirit
Fat Old Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper65
What other albums do you have? I got two Megadeth ones (12" and 7"), Paranoid and The Wall.

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. Well, I recently went to a flea market and picked up Ride the Lightning from Metallica on Vinyl. Ummm and I also have Zeppelin IV, that's really all the vinyl I have oh yeah I have Number of the Beast but it's technically my cousin's. He went away on business and asked me to watch some of his ****. He gave me his Iommi Gibson SG(never play it -- don't have enough balls to), couple rifles and stuff and the album in a glass frame.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #47
sheumack111
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretman
I know this isn't really about sabbath but have you guys seen that south park episode with Dio on it, it made me laugh. By the way, who do you think is a better singer dio or ozzy. I have to say dio. I do like ozzy's stuff in sabbath and solo but I think he just has a crap voice and he's a sellout too and I hate Sharon stupid Bitch

Dio is an awesome singer but as everyone says..... Ozzy is Black Sabbath. I rekon Dio is a better singer aswell...... Listen too some of his solo stuff it rocks..... He does Aerosmiths Dream On with Yngwie, its awesome, also listen to Rainbow's "stargazer" both are prrof of Dio been an awesome singer.

My fave Sabbath song however would have to be "under the sun" off the "Vol 4" album... That album is soo under-rated, its soo raw and awesome
sheumack111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:01 AM   #48
ratbollocks
rat salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheumack111
Dio is an awesome singer but as everyone says..... Ozzy is Black Sabbath. I rekon Dio is a better singer aswell...... Listen too some of his solo stuff it rocks..... He does Aerosmiths Dream On with Yngwie, its awesome, also listen to Rainbow's "stargazer" both are prrof of Dio been an awesome singer.

My fave Sabbath song however would have to be "under the sun" off the "Vol 4" album... That album is soo under-rated, its soo raw and awesome

Yeah, Vol.4 is a raw album and Under The Sun is a kickass song.

And, on the subject of vinyl, has anyone got the original recording of the Paris peformance from 1970. I saw it in a store (second hand) and was wondering if this a hard to come by record.
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212

Last edited by ratbollocks : 04-20-2006 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #49
AcidBath443
aka Captain Tigglesworth

ON the subject of Dio: When listening to Sabbath with Dio singing its much more rewarding if you don't listen to it as though it were Sabbath and just a different band. Because even the music on the album doesn't sound as evil as they did with Ozzy.

also I second Under the Sun being kick ass. But Changes sucks soooo much balls I'm sorry but Sabbath + Piano Ballad =

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
AcidBath443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:57 AM   #50
dePitt

I only know one song of them..."Paranoid"...but I love it...
dePitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:03 AM   #51
TwistedLogic
YaddaYaddaBlahBlahBlah

I love Sabbath. Iommi is a huge influence on my style sound wise. Fav album; that is tough. I love Paranoid because it was my first Sabbath record and my fav tune is Fairies wear boots. Love the intro part to that song; awesome riffige. I also like Mastery of reality and into the void. But I also think that the Dio years are underrated. He is a great vocalist and the songs written on Heaven and Hell adn Mob rules are top notch. Love neon nights, falling off the edge of the world especially.

On the subject of Ozzy and Dio, Dio was much better in every respect yet Ozzy was mmore of a match for Sabbath, just like Mick Jaggar is a great match for the stones.

First off in terms of plain vocals Dio is much better. He is not an opera singer but has an emormous amount of range. He can do anything you ask; heavy metal, straigth up rock, beautiful ballads. Ozzy's voice is not all that great but it is unique. YOu will never hear another vocalist like him and that is what I quess is some of his appeal.

Song writing; Dio wins hands down. While in Sabbath Ozzy never wrote anything, no music or lyrics. He has admitted that all he did was come in a lay down vocal tracks. Dio on the other hand has written some really great lyrics, although some of his stuff is kinda silly.

But in the end part of the lack of success of the post Ozzy Sabbath was the link between Ozzy's voice and music and how this related to the fans. Its like the Who, without Daultry, Stones without Jaggar, or U2 without Bono. It just wouldn't be the same.

Last edited by TwistedLogic : 04-21-2006 at 07:15 AM.
TwistedLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:26 AM   #52
narmi
Into Cold Darkness

Good to listen to when you're really bored and not really in the mood for any particular band

Last.FM
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:31 AM   #53
smiddy
Proud To Be Proud

I own Paranoid, it's decent, not really sure if I'd buy more though
smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #54
Rock1986
Kill Em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheumack111

Dio makes an appearance on the new Queensryche album, which is awesome by the way
or on the trigger of your gun
Rock1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #55
kochiese_88
UG Newbie

I have to say my favirote album by them is We sold our souls for rock n roll and song SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH
kochiese_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #56
GoodCharloteSux

^ thats basically a greatest hits album you know right.

Under The Sun kicksass! I am wearing my 1978 Black Sabbath Tour shirt now
GoodCharloteSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #57
ratbollocks
rat salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePitt
I only know one song of them..."Paranoid"...but I love it...

Man, you don't know your missing out on.
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
Old 04-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #58
grimreaper65
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by distilledspirit
Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. Well, I recently went to a flea market and picked up Ride the Lightning from Metallica on Vinyl. Ummm and I also have Zeppelin IV, that's really all the vinyl I have oh yeah I have Number of the Beast but it's technically my cousin's. He went away on business and asked me to watch some of his ****. He gave me his Iommi Gibson SG(never play it -- don't have enough balls to), couple rifles and stuff and the album in a glass frame.

An SG signed by Iommi, or one that he played, or both? How do you hang them, cause i think the way i'm doing it is damaging the sleeve, i use one of those black paperclip deals and a nail in the wall.
grimreaper65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #59
ratbollocks
rat salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper65
An SG signed by Iommi, or one that he played, or both? How do you hang them, cause i think the way i'm doing it is damaging the sleeve, i use one of those black paperclip deals and a nail in the wall.

He probably means the SG that was released by Gibson, Iommi's signature model.
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
Old 04-21-2006, 11:55 PM   #60
distilledspirit
Fat Old Sun

Yeah that's it, but he got a limited one that was like 2500. I have frames for my records they have little slots on the back for nails in the wall

Rate This Thread: