Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > 80s Rock, Shred & Progressive
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #61
Baroque_and_Rol
UG's Giant Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-Kobain
My only influence is Kurt Cobain...Most people says he can't play guitar for **** but it's not true. He surely wasn't the best guitarist ever but he was probably the best to compose good simple songs. His lyrics where perfect too so RIP KURT COBAIN!

We don't take too kindly to your type round har

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Baroque_and_Rol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #62
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty

Location: Member of the "You're Not Good Enough to be in My Club" Club pm drevil814 to join...Pit Ninja #40 something. PM priest.fan. to join Founder of the "Damn those nooblets in the Slash threads" club, PM me to join!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpIkE27Z
What, just use the same recycled pentatonic licks every song?
OK you can FUCK YOURSELF because you're quoting your own DUMBASS remark and saying I SAID IT??? Go to hell.

Quote:
I don't even know who that band is, but cob as a whole band is insanely technical. they're ALL amazing musically. they have 2 incredible genius guitarists, and a keyboard player who keeps up just as fast.
Did I say COB weren't good? NO! I said I LIKED THEM. Are YOU making ELITIST assumptions? YES!

Quote:
dude that last paragraph is ******ed, that's what people are don't understand. how to use theory to make simpler amazing music. would you rather listen to fast arpeggios running all over, or listen to a Hammet solo? IMO, there's a part none of you understand. seriously, anyone could go into a tab/midi program and put in something to sound ridiculously fast and hence *technical* but it really wouldn't be
So Kirk can probably improvise better than Greg Howe (someone who probably doesn't play much faster than Hammett most times) then can't he?

Quote:
and believe me, I've been on the other side. for a while I decided if you didnt have shredder speed constantly in your music, you weren't talented worth being famous
Ok can you point me in the direction of the post where I said this? Because I don't remember that, I like A LOT of bands who aren't incredibly talented.
Quote:
now I think Kirk Hammet is underrated. he's made more amazing stuff than most guitarists. COB (I wont mention the other band, i dunno them, the one you said) has a ton of technicality in there music. metallica is a different kind of technicallity.
I enjoy Hammett's music, AS I'VE SAID NUMEROUS TIMES! I guess you just choose not to read those parts of my posts.

Quote:
seriously, do you say any bands like that make stuff as amazing as fade to black (no, not just the friggen intro solo all noobs are obsessed with, but the entire song)
Does anyone else see the extreme irony in this statement?

Quote:
i don't want to argue, but I thought like you once too. Thinking that technicallity is the only way to be..well, technical. ok that sounded ******ed, but hopefully you can see what I mean by that after reading my post up untill here.
I see what you mean, it's just bullshit. I never said anything of the sort. Certainly there are bands that are more technical than others, but that doesn't make them better. (Here we have the same opinion, but you're probably too much of an asshat to see that)

Quote:
here, a more exaggerated example. pink floyd vs MAB
think about it.
I can't stand Michael Angelo, looks like you're moronic plan backfired.

Quote:
oh and also, before you think I'm trying to turn you into some light simple lover, I'm totally not. I HUGELY love shred.

and also, I deffinetally know technical. I play violin (and a lot more than just your school orchestra...I'm in the youth symphony)

so, think about it.
Good for you. Keep it up. Seriously.
Too bad you don't bring that level of intelligence out in everything else you say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
apocalypse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #63
malmsteen61
UG's jim morrison fanatic

^ BURN
i agree SpIkE27Z is a asshat
malmsteen61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #64
Skippy_McNutty
Machine Gun Man

1. Dime 2. Wylde 3. Vai
Old 04-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #65
Resiliance
Acta est fabula

^Ehm...

Firstly, technical depends on your own skills, so there is no objective scale of technicality. Also ... Chopin: not exactly guitar. Paganini: same.

Ahem... Decided to delete your post MOS?

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.

Last edited by Resiliance : 04-08-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Resiliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #66
Erc
UG's ultimate asshole

Quote:
Erc, you just have no idea at all, do you?

I understand ****ing technicallity, you ****ing ******ed asshole. I know my ****, playing violin in a symphony doesn't teach my technicallity? listen bitch, classical is more durrTEECHHHCNICAL!11 than any of your likings

and I don't give a flying **** about the improv. Hammet can sit down and write AMAZING solos.

you guys are just missing the point on this whole technicallity issue.

go write a ****ing hammet solo. seriously. GO. TRY IT.

I LOVE SHRED. IM NOT SAYING HAMMET IS THE BEST SHREDDER. HE'S STILL AMAZING, IN DIFFERENT WAYS THAN ANY OF YOU EVER UNDERSTAND

and no, I'm deffinetelly not just a metallicazomgzor fanboy, at the slightest. for any band, at that.

Aww, did I offend you?

Oh thats wonderful that you played violin too btw because I was classically trained in it also, along with piano. I played for 5 years and in every "recital" or "competition" sort of thing I got "excellent" rated playing. You are trying to have a competition on whats "more technical" with me. That's stupid. I win it anyways.

I disagree with this statement.
Quote:
I know my ****,

You don't know your ****.

So is Hammett is amazing in a way we can't understand can we? Thats interesting... I just us shredders/fusion junkies just can't understand boring minor pent/natural minor wah pedal wank.

Oh, as a side-note, I listen to quite a bit of classical music (as I was brought up listening to a lot of that, and folk...but I don't like much fo
Old 04-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #67
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty

Location: Member of the "You're Not Good Enough to be in My Club" Club pm drevil814 to join...Pit Ninja #40 something. PM priest.fan. to join Founder of the "Damn those nooblets in the Slash threads" club, PM me to join!!
^agreed.

I guess we might have trouble writing ONE Hammett solo. But once we wrote one, we could just take all the patterns from it and use it in every other song. Then we'd have it covered.

Quote:
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #68
AWA
Straight gumpin'

Pixies
Smashing Pumpkins
Pink Floyd
Old 04-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #69
DistortionDemon

Does anyone realize Hammett doesn't even write the solos?

Hetfield writes almost EVERYTHING for Metallica. (Of course not the drum beats, but yeah...)

EDIT: Oh, Vai / Mars (Mick... kinda strange, yeah, but he made me want to play guitar so yeah) / and of course, DeMartini.
DistortionDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:01 AM   #70
numbfig09

Jason Becker, Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai

numbfig09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #71
tombo32
My name is Tom

Paul Gilbert - helps me to make my petatonic stuff sound not-half-bad.
Eddie Van Halen - got me into tapping and using the Floyd Rose
Satch - got me into shredding
My teacher - Helping me to work on my chops and motivating me to play. And also giving me songs to transcribe.

And I somehow have a classical streak in me
Old 04-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #72
Godly Moose
Please stop banning me :[

Location: What happens when you combine diminished and augmented chords? You get demented chords!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
OK you can FUCK YOURSELF because you're quoting your own DUMBASS remark and saying I SAID IT??? Go to hell.

Did I say COB weren't good? NO! I said I LIKED THEM. Are YOU making ELITIST assumptions? YES!

So Kirk can probably improvise better than Greg Howe (someone who probably doesn't play much faster than Hammett most times) then can't he?

Ok can you point me in the direction of the post where I said this? Because I don't remember that, I like A LOT of bands who aren't incredibly talented.
I enjoy Hammett's music, AS I'VE SAID NUMEROUS TIMES! I guess you just choose not to read those parts of my posts.

Does anyone else see the extreme irony in this statement?

I see what you mean, it's just bullshit. I never said anything of the sort. Certainly there are bands that are more technical than others, but that doesn't make them better. (Here we have the same opinion, but you're probably too much of an asshat to see that)

I can't stand Michael Angelo, looks like you're moronic plan backfired.

Good for you. Keep it up. Seriously.
Too bad you don't bring that level of intelligence out in everything else you say...

How the **** did you get away with a ****???
........../'/.../..../......./\
........('(.......... ~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.
............\..............(
BRO FIST
Godly Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:56 AM   #73
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty

like this:

fuck

he he he...

Quote:

Old 04-09-2006, 01:13 AM   #74
NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy

Quote:
Erc, you just have no idea at all, do you?

I understand ****ing technicallity, you ****ing ******ed asshole. I know my ****, playing violin in a symphony doesn't teach my technicallity? listen bitch, classical is more durrTEECHHHCNICAL!11 than any of your likings

and I don't give a flying **** about the improv. Hammet can sit down and write AMAZING solos.

you guys are just missing the point on this whole technicallity issue.

go write a ****ing hammet solo. seriously. GO. TRY IT.

I LOVE SHRED. IM NOT SAYING HAMMET IS THE BEST SHREDDER. HE'S STILL AMAZING, IN DIFFERENT WAYS THAN ANY OF YOU EVER UNDERSTAND

and no, I'm deffinetelly not just a metallicazomgzor fanboy, at the slightest. for any band, at that.

Ok, your an asshat. Hammett (notice the T) can sit down and WRITE amazing solos? No, he can't. He can wank ****ty solos. I can do that, so I guess I can write a hammett solo. He's a good guitarist, I like his songs, but he's not amazing at all. Amazing is the extreme technicality found in Shawn's playing, all done in improv. Extreme technicality is Jazz, not Classical. I'm very fond of classical, I take classical lessons, as do I take Jazz lessons. Jazz is harder, you can suck my dick. Seriously, if you can't understand that the solo in Esperanto is better than a Metallica solo, your a ******. Go learn the wonderful slippery thing, Mr. Classical Violinist.

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
NevermorePsalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:21 AM   #75
RustyGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyGold
1. Malmsteen
2. Johnny La Marr
3. Johnny Greenwood

Almost forgot...Paganini ofcourse! I guess I like the "darkness" in his pieces, hard to explain...that's why I love neoclassical shred.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:22 AM   #76
mr_clapton
Its JIMI!

1. Hendrix
2. Vai
3. Guthrie

hehe been a while since a big flaming thread like this has happened :laugh:

"Mother where is the carving knife i want to put my HAPPY face on!"
mr_clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:04 AM   #77
kirkisking
I'm always drunk

Petrucci, Loomis, Moore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous
kirkisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:31 AM   #78
Master Of Shred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianshred
He likes jazz and thats just as or more technical than classical

Not really...
Master Of Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:37 AM   #79
pavan
stunt guitar

MOS seems to enjoy putting his feet in his mouth these days.
We get it man. You are a budding jazzhole.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:43 AM   #80
Master Of Shred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resiliance
^Ehm...

Firstly, technical depends on your own skills, so there is no objective scale of technicality. Also ... Chopin: not exactly guitar. Paganini: same.

Ahem... Decided to delete your post MOS?

Huh I didn't deleted it

Anyways, we where talking about classical and jazz in gerenal right? I was just giving a few examples, jazz might be a bit more complex as far as theory goes, but I can't think of any jazz virtuoso who can keep up with the greatest classical virtuosos as far as technique goes, and not speed. That's including Peterson and Lagrene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevermorePsalm
Ok, your an asshat. Hammett (notice the T) can sit down and WRITE amazing solos? No, he can't. He can wank ****ty solos. I can do that, so I guess I can write a hammett solo. He's a good guitarist, I like his songs, but he's not amazing at all. Amazing is the extreme technicality found in Shawn's playing, all done in improv. Extreme technicality is Jazz, not Classical. I'm very fond of classical, I take classical lessons, as do I take Jazz lessons. Jazz is harder, you can suck my dick. Seriously, if you can't understand that the solo in Esperanto is better than a Metallica solo, your a ******. Go learn the wonderful slippery thing, Mr. Classical Violinist.

First of all, I do like to hear you outplay Hammett then, I have heard a lot of peoples recordings on these forums and no one was anywhere near Hammett. (excluding a few )

Yeah technique=amazing

Seriously, you need to chill down, technique is most definatly NOT amazing if you ask me, and classical is more technical than jazz is, btw.

And what the hell has WST got to do with this? Lets hear you play it then
Master Of Shred is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: