Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #41
Lappo
High Inquisitor
 
Lappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
oh hi dylar
Lappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #42
leftyace
Screaming Bloody Gore
 
leftyace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylar
What amazes me about this band is the way its fanboys seem to believe that what they're doing is new. Wake me up when they get their shit organized enough to stand up against Frost or any of the recent Averse Sefira material. Until then, I'll continue to file them in the mental delete bin with Fleurety, Ved Buens Ende, Solefald and the rest of the bands who failed to make this shit interesting a decade ago.

I know! How dare they like a band!
__________________
Schecter C-1 Classic
Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50



Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
leftyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #43
Dylar
Dr. Communazi, Ph.D
 
Dylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I don't question people for liking a band, I question why they make claims for a band that clearly aren't true.
__________________
Music
Culture
Politics
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #44
romencer17
UG God
 
romencer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Transcending A Mere Multiverse
By Frost are you referring to the Enslaved album?
__________________
Dark star crashes, pouring it's light into ashes.
Reason tatters, the forces tear loose from the axis.
Searchlight casting for faults in the clouds of delusion.

Sumdeus
romencer17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #45
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
 
pinheadslts75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Fas is one of the better albums to be had, in my opinion.

They make for very interesting listening.
pinheadslts75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #46
Dylar
Dr. Communazi, Ph.D
 
Dylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by romencer17
By Frost are you referring to the Enslaved album?


Correct
__________________
Music
Culture
Politics
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #47
Athabasca
reasonably kvlt
 
Athabasca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: At home...erm, perhaps making a sandwich? Yeah.
Fas and Chaining The Katechon are pretty new/original...the only dudes to do anything similar that I know of before Deathspell were Blut aus Nord. Fas and Chaining the Kathechon are my favourite black metal records. Utterly breathtaking.
__________________
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!


Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Athabasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #48
Dylar
Dr. Communazi, Ph.D
 
Dylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Sure, they seem new if you haven't heard the dozens of other black metal bands playing at the same abrasive rhythm/dissonant harmony game, but for the experienced listener, it's just another incoherent attempt at a known style.
__________________
Music
Culture
Politics
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #49
Lappo
High Inquisitor
 
Lappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Lappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #50
technicolour
Lupercal
 
technicolour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylar
Sure, they seem new if you haven't heard the dozens of other black metal bands playing at the same abrasive rhythm/dissonant harmony game, but for the experienced listener, it's just another incoherent attempt at a known style.


write better songs
__________________
"a frozen amoral giant...gazing heavenward forever"
technicolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #51
duncang
Popular British sitcom
 
duncang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sheffield, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by technicolour
write better songs


Say better things
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
duncang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #52
GaijinFoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by i have to pee
Name sounds like a Final Fantasy tribute band. Haven't heard them and I don't like black metal so I probably never will.

I kind of like them now you've said that.

Also, what's with the myspace page hate?
because you want to be the only one to know them? how cool and alternative.
__________________
Been in Japan since August, no ****ing money left!
GaijinFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #53
Dylar
Dr. Communazi, Ph.D
 
Dylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by technicolour
write better songs


Better songs in the same style already exist. The recent output from Averse Sefira, for instance, operates in the same basic style, but with coherence DSO lacks. A decade ago it was Demoncy. Before that, albums like Frost and Impaled Nazarene's Ugra Karma had already explored much of what was possible within this particular stylistic context. Mid-period Beherit is basically the same thing, but presented using techniques more familiar to ambient and electronic artists.
__________________
Music
Culture
Politics
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #54
Lappo
High Inquisitor
 
Lappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
why must you be so predictable, Dylar?

you're no fun
Lappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #55
Athabasca
reasonably kvlt
 
Athabasca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: At home...erm, perhaps making a sandwich? Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylar
Sure, they seem new if you haven't heard the dozens of other black metal bands playing at the same abrasive rhythm/dissonant harmony game, but for the experienced listener, it's just another incoherent attempt at a known style.


Perhaps the incoherence is what makes it special for some people. Although I am not pretending I have heard any of the other stuff you have mentioned, apart from the stuff from Frost, which I am listening to now. I'm not sure what you're getting at when you say DsO is similar to it.
__________________
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!


Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Athabasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #56
The Virtuoso
L'…tranger
 
The Virtuoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BodÝ, Norway
Check your profile Dylar, I'd like to battle your elitism! Granted it is ultimately futile, I'm bored and have nothing better to do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #57
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
 
Zaphod_Beeblebr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Behind a desk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylar
Better songs in the same style already exist. The recent output from Averse Sefira, for instance, operates in the same basic style, but with coherence DSO lacks. A decade ago it was Demoncy. Before that, albums like Frost and Impaled Nazarene's Ugra Karma had already explored much of what was possible within this particular stylistic context. Mid-period Beherit is basically the same thing, but presented using techniques more familiar to ambient and electronic artists.


I just listened to a few tracks from that Impaled Nazarene album and an Averse Sefira track and, to be honest, beyond the fact that they're all in the relm of black metal I don't hear a huge amount of similarity, the incoherence and use of more dissonance is what makes things like DsO different.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by steven seagull
Zaphod wins...flawless victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freepower
Another flawless victory for Zaph!



Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #58
BR00TAL
Horizons of Chaos
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wales
I have never heard anything like Fas. And I don't expect to either. Advent Parallax is a good record, a great one in fact, but it doesn't have the sheer depth of sound that was created with Fas. It's phenomenal to me.
BR00TAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #59
leftyace
Screaming Bloody Gore
 
leftyace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Yep, I still think it's one of a kind.

The worst thing about DSO is that you never seem to know when a new album is comming until it's released. There's just no way of getting news from this band.
__________________
Schecter C-1 Classic
Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50



Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
leftyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #60
Annihilator666
Quintin
 
Annihilator666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Quote:
Season of Mist is proud to welcome kult French black metallers DEATHSPELL OMEGA to the North American roster! On next November 9, the mysterious, meta-physical, black metal omega lords will unleash their fifth album, "Paracletus".

Initially emitting raw, traditional black metal, this enigmatic entity experimented and evolved into a more technical, eviscerating evil. Outside of the music, very little is known about its member's beliefs and ideology. What is certain however is the return of the most revered kult band in the world!

More details on the album soon ...


Just came across this. I'm extremely excited for a new album.
__________________
My Youtube Channel
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBDanAbstract
To say something like Converge or Minor Threat isn't a popular band is ******ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wildchild
To say "urhgafahfglasjdgasdcnbagblahhh" would be ******ed. Get your adjectives right.
Annihilator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.