User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #81
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by onimacaroni
Downloaded mass grave architects a while ago never gave it a proper listen, everybody says their like the bleakest band to ever listen to ever, but they just sound like any other black metal band iv heard! Any ideas on their most horrible painful scary as shit etc tunes so i can check that out? Cheers

get Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice and Kenose
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
illuminatiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #82
NotFromANUS
Naturalist

I've heard of this band several times, but never actually listened to them until now. My take on them: They want to be an "intelligent" version of Ildjarn, or something like that. This is not complex or intelligent, and completely pales in comparison to the uncompromising hatred of something like Ildjarn. I see nothing of value in this. Slightly dissonant melodies in the unresolved Immortal riff continuity style. The difference being Immortal create an epic frosty winterkingdom with their use of polyphonic evolution. This band creates a giant turd. I suggest everyone cease and desist listening to this band and try out some better black metal...like Necromantia. Now that is some intelligent black metal.
NotFromANUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #83
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS

How the hell do you define intelligent black metal or how a band is trying to come off as such, stop spewing so much bullshit and try listening to the music.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #84
onimacaroni
Exhumed Perversions

I wouldnt even class myself as a fan of DSO but fs man guy above me is right just listen to the tunes, if you like it good if you dont fair enough, all that time you spent ragin about them you coulda listened to something you actually liked!

But its a post filled with that much bollocks i think your just a troll having a laugh hahaaha

DEATH METAL FROM GLASGOW, SCOTLAND

DEBUT ALBUM 'TORMENT OF THE WEAK' OUT LATE 2012.
onimacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #85
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by onimacaroni

But its a post filled with that much bollocks i think your just a troll having a laugh hahaaha

No shit, he's been recommending Necromantia in literally ever black metal band thread, also look at his username.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #86
technicolour
Banned

Well, I checked out Necomantia... I don't see much of a comparison. They have some nice melodies, but it's much more symphonic and organized.
technicolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #87
NotFromANUS
Naturalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatiano
How the hell do you define intelligent black metal or how a band is trying to come off as such, stop spewing so much bullshit and try listening to the music.

I did listen to the music, that's what triggered the post. I would consider actually giving you a legitimate reply, but you clearly had some emotional knee-jerk response to my post. If you have a problem with other people sharing their views, why are you on an internet forum?

Quote:
all that time you spent ragin about them you coulda listened to something you actually liked!

Well, I didn't spend any time "ragin." So, I don't know what that's about. However, how was I supposed to know whether or not I would like their music if I hadn't listened to it until just recently?

*edit
I agree. There is no comparison between this band and Necromantia. Necromantia rule. Also, the reason I keep bringing them up is that another user made a thread about this band that went totally unnoticed and was not given the appreciation or time it deserved.

Last edited by NotFromANUS : 10-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #88
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromANUS
I did listen to the music, that's what triggered the post. I would consider actually giving you a legitimate reply, but you clearly had some emotional knee-jerk response to my post. If you have a problem with other people sharing their views, why are you on an internet forum?

Nah, that's just how I talk. Now go on and answer my question.

edit : boo fucking hoo, if noone posts in your thread, just bump it, no need to shout it atop ever thread you can.

Last edited by illuminatiano : 10-14-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #89
NotFromANUS
Naturalist

Quote:
Nah, that's just how I talk.

I don't believe you, but intelligent music would be characterized by an obvious degree of thoughtfulness in its construction and execution, whereas stupid music would have very little. Does that clear things up?

Quote:
edit : boo fucking hoo, if noone posts in your thread, just bump it, no need to shout it atop ever thread you can.

It wasn't my thread, ******. Learn to read.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #90
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS

Quote:
I don't believe you, but intelligent music would be characterized by an obvious degree of thoughtfulness in its construction and execution, whereas stupid music would have very little. Does that clear things up?

It wasn't my thread, ******. Learn to read.

Way to not get my point at all

And no, it barely clears anything, but that's okay, I'm glad I got anything out of you.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #91
NotFromANUS
Naturalist

Quote:
Way to not get my point at all

And no, it barely clears anything, but that's okay, I'm glad I got anything out of you.

Way to not get my point at all.
Are you openly conceding that you actually had no interest in discussing anything of substance or are you really just that dense?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #92
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS

I don't believe questioning the claim of the term "intelligent black metal" serves as a substantial discussion.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #93
BR00TAL
Horizons of Chaos

BR00TAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #94
Annihilator666
Quintin

Sounds amazing, just like I had expected. Without a doubt this is going to be one of the best albums to come out this year.
Annihilator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #95
BR00TAL
Horizons of Chaos

The writing for guitars is just so..innovative? There's nothing like it. Take even the opening ten seconds. It blows my mind. And when the cacophony subsides and hey hit you with those subtle, breathtaking melodies, they are all the more effective.

So excited for this.
BR00TAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #96
technicolour
Banned

new song seemed kinda subpar : /
technicolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #97
Riffmast
Sperm Of Andychrist

Holy shit this now song is great, it's nothing new for DSO but it's very powerfull.I love how menacing and occult sounding it is.Really well thought out riffs and song structure as well.Also,how the hell does this sound anything like Immortal? Thats just a really bad comparison.

Riffmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #98
NotFromANUS
Naturalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffmast
Holy shit this now song is great, it's nothing new for DSO but it's very powerfull.I love how menacing and occult sounding it is.Really well thought out riffs and song structure as well.Also,how the hell does this sound anything like Immortal? Thats just a really bad comparison.

It doesn't sound like Immortal. I said they used a technique similar to Immortal. Namely they often allow their rhythms to continually flow without proper resolution. When you combine this with their use of polyphonic chord progressions you can see the comparison as that is something Immortal made heavy use of (some records more than others).
Old 10-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #99
Steve08

Quote:
It doesn't sound like Immortal. I said they used a technique similar to Immortal. Namely they often allow their rhythms to continually flow without proper resolution. When you combine this with their use of polyphonic chord progressions you can see the comparison as that is something Immortal made heavy use of (some records more than others).
... what the hell does this even mean?

Carlos Gracie Sr. -> Carlos Gracie Jr. -> Roberto Maia -> John Connors -> me
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #100
NotFromANUS
Naturalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve08
... what the hell does this even mean?

You see. Typically, rhythms will resolve themselves within a fixed interval. However, sometimes bands will not resolve them properly, in order to give a continual flow to the music.

If you don't know what polyphony is or how it relates to Immortal or this band, I have nothing more to say to you.

Rate This Thread: