Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #81
theanswers41

a video for dying in your arms??? not cool by far my least favorite song by them..

has ne one seen the pantera covers by them at triviumworld.com...if u havent ull def wanna check um out
Old 01-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #82
NFFC_1865
I'm back :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivial
Trivium ****ing rock. they are mental. went to see them at rock city in sept and am seeing them agin in march. they had the biggest mosh pit i think i've ver seen at a gig. the drumer is mental how can he play so fast. anywho. that's about it.
Kat

I was there.
NFFC_1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #83
CheeZey!
Kramab

Hm...Trivium are ace...I heard "Pull harder on the strings of your martyr" first, and I just wanted to buy the album!
Ok, so they scream... BUT...Don't hear people slagging 50 Cent off, as he only talks to the mic (sorry if it isn't your opinion, but it is mine.) this is just the opposite, and it has emotion/tones to it!
Solo's ace... If I didn't play bass, I would play guitar... Riffs are good, and I have never got tired of listening to the album...
Like Light to flies/Dying in your arms, are prob. my fave songs.

Edit: Typographical spelling mistakes.
CheeZey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #84
GiantRaven
UG Spammer

Trivium got very boring quickly, it sounds like a lot of other stuff and all the latter songs on the album all basically sound exactly the same as each other

The whole 'next Metallica' thing is a stupid pile of arrogant bull****, if they plan to emulate that kind of sucess then they should pull their heads out of their asses and learn to sound interesting

/rant

Last edited by GiantRaven : 01-18-2006 at 05:22 PM.
GiantRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:51 AM   #85
Matt_Malmsteen
Shred n00b

I think they're too arrogant, I read an interview where Matt Heafy said
"Its' hard to shred on a Les Paul, so if you can you're more hardcore"
not only is he therefore making himself sound "harcore" but he's talkign ****..its' quite easy to shred on a Les Paul..damn ****tard.

Also all their songs sound similar in terms of the ****ing over use of triplets and double-bass...maybe if they learnt how to use their technique and palying ability to suit a more melodic and varying sound they could be bigger and better.

In terms of their hype..the whole next Metallica thing is absolute bull****, Trivium won't ever emulate that kind of success and fan base.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:11 PM   #86
StickIt2DaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Malmsteen
I think they're too arrogant, I read an interview where Matt Heafy said
"Its' hard to shred on a Les Paul, so if you can you're more hardcore"
not only is he therefore making himself sound "harcore" but he's talkign ****..its' quite easy to shred on a Les Paul..damn ****tard.

Also all their songs sound similar in terms of the ****ing over use of triplets and double-bass...maybe if they learnt how to use their technique and palying ability to suit a more melodic and varying sound they could be bigger and better.

In terms of their hype..the whole next Metallica thing is absolute bull****, Trivium won't ever emulate that kind of success and fan base.

I don't know if anyone told you, but some people like to joke in their interviews so re-****in-lax
StickIt2DaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #87
TheSlayer
War For territory

^^Matt Heafy is a cool guy but he is abit full of himself when it comes to guitar. so he probably was being serious.
TheSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #88
Smoothie
I am the eggman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso
^ I don't think there is one yet. Trivium are a great band, but I think in the live shows matt should focus more on singing are playing instead of playing to the crowd, and I think he shoud start singing the chourus ( I'm watching the ozzfest gunshot... live and i pisses me off that he doesn't sing the chourus, but they still kick a$$.

Have talent and work the crowd and you'll definately get big.
Smoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:30 AM   #89
Arius

TRVIUM ROCK HARD. There the band that made me heavy, because I went to see them live when they were on the Arch Enemy tour in Germany at Osnabruck. It was ****ing insane, there where on about 15 of us Brits and about 15 germans moshing like a mother****er to Trivium, and about 50 Germans just stood there watching. The when Arch Enemy come suddenly 500 poelpe come and start moshing it was ****ing mad. And it only cost 20 euros
Arius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #90
TheSlayer
War For territory

Has Matt ever song Pull harder live when HE sings the chorus? I've seen about 10 videos of it live and he never sings the pull harder strings martyr bit
Old 01-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #91
SixEightSix
Ryan

i disliked hte fact they didnt sing as much when i went to their concert... and their sound was off you couldnt hear much guitar in teh means of soloing.
SixEightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 AM   #92
NFFC_1865
I'm back :)

No he neve sings. he can't sing live - If you donwload it at the Metal Hammer awards (Pull Harder) he tries to in the last chorus but ends up shouting monotone! Also when I went to see them the guitar broke in Dying In Your Arms!
NFFC_1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:38 AM   #93
TheSlayer
War For territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFFC_1865
No he neve sings. he can't sing live - If you donwload it at the Metal Hammer awards (Pull Harder) he tries to in the last chorus but ends up shouting monotone! Also when I went to see them the guitar broke in Dying In Your Arms!

How?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #94
LedZeppelin4LiF
American Bassist

Trivium rox, im leaving in a hour to see them live in San Fran. so hyped >.<, also saw them on Ozzfest last summer
Old 01-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #95
ChimyChonga Man
UG's Crap Bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16kramer05
Ive looked in every music store around where I live (near Vancouver BC Canada) and I can't find their CD. Its udderly ridiculous, Does anyone know why they dont ship up here??

They have Ascendancy out here near Ottawa, but i cant find Ember To Inferno

I Need A Better Sig
ChimyChonga Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #96
ChimyChonga Man
UG's Crap Bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomorrah
Shut up.

The bass was to loud, I could like, actually hear it.

Whats wrong with being able to hear the bass dip****? You ****ing pussy if you can hear the bass thats a good thing. Youre one of those ****ing simple-minded tr00 metal heads that lives with his mom and still pretends to be hardcore. **** off

I Need A Better Sig
ChimyChonga Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:14 PM   #97
LedZeppelin

hahaha trivium fans are angry children
LedZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #98
Gomorrah
Dissertation 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimyChonga Man
Whats wrong with being able to hear the bass dip****? You ****ing pussy if you can hear the bass thats a good thing. Youre one of those ****ing simple-minded tr00 metal heads that lives with his mom and still pretends to be hardcore. **** off

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Gomorrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #99
phlowtron23
Nothing Else Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlayer
Has Matt ever song Pull harder live when HE sings the chorus? I've seen about 10 videos of it live and he never sings the pull harder strings martyr bit

Check them out on Launch, Yahoo's live performance, he sang the chorus part.
phlowtron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #100
SGRocker0791
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlowtron23
Check them out on Launch, Yahoo's live performance, he sang the chorus part.

That's because there's no crowd to sing the chorus with. I don't think the recording crew would want to sing along.
SGRocker0791 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: