Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #41
saddam
Carcass

-Reek of putrefaction: horrible album because of the production, but for the attentive listener there are some clever things to discover.

-Symphonies of sickness: a logical album to follow up the first: better sound, better playing(timing was horrible on the first, and still far from tight on this album) and most importantly, better songs. On this album they prove that they can write some great, brutal riffs!

-Necroticism: Death metal perfection, no more to say, my favourite album ever!

-Heartwork: Genious songwriting, but most of the album sounds too melodic, at times almost mellow.

-Swansong: a sellout album(this is what happens when you sign with a big label). Dull songs with uninspired lyrics.

All in all i consider carcass to be the best death metal band ever, and that's just because of Necroticism.
My favourite songs: Symposium of sickness, Corporal jigsore quandary, Inpropagation, Pedigree Butchery, Exhume to Consume, Reek of Putrefaction, Embryonic necropsy and devourment, Carnal forge, Heartwork, Empathological necroticism, Slash dementia, ... .

By the way, if you want to hear a huge carcass ripoff by arch enemy, listen to the latter's 'bury me an angel' and then to carcass' 'lavaging expecorate of lysergide composition'...

Last edited by saddam : 08-08-2006 at 06:32 PM.
saddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #42
vandal_12
Registered Boozer

What do you guy's think would have happened if Mike Ammott stayed in the band? Would they have gone farther or just died off in about the same amount of time. And if he did stay, do you think the band would keep the death metal sound, or go in the same direction that eventually turned out? Hmm...
vandal_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:51 AM   #43
xolax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal_12
What do you guy's think would have happened if Mike Ammott stayed in the band? Would they have gone farther or just died off in about the same amount of time. And if he did stay, do you think the band would keep the death metal sound, or go in the same direction that eventually turned out? Hmm...

They would have died out because after releasing their record as Blackstar Rising, Ken Owen (drummer) had a brain hemmorhage.
PS Does anyone know what Blackstar Rising is like???
xolax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:10 AM   #44
vandal_12
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolax
They would have died out because after releasing their record as Blackstar Rising, Ken Owen (drummer) had a brain hemmorhage.
PS Does anyone know what Blackstar Rising is like???

Oh yeah, well then, what if he didn't have that hemmorhage, probably the same outcome anyway's but who give's a ****.
About Blackstar rising my friend said they're alright but i haven't heard anything from them myself so i wouldn't know.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:13 AM   #45
Dyer's Eve
I am what you see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfathomable_bo
OMG last time I saw Arch Enemy they covered Heartwork, and you just thought "WHY DID YOU LEAVE CARCASS TO PLAY THE SAME SONGS IN AN INFERIOR BAND!?!?!"

/rant
Lol.

But what was said about Bill and Chris > Mike. I agree, I always learn Steer's part when im learning Carcass Material.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:13 AM   #46
twentyextysixx
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyer's Eve
Lol.

But what was said about Bill and Chris > Mike. I agree, I always learn Steer's part when im learning Carcass Material.

I was reading some stuff about Bill Steer the other week. Apparrently he's completely dissociated himself from metal, claiming that "metal is only for teenagers".
Went into isolation in Australia or something... i have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
twentyextysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #47
vandal_12
Registered Boozer

I'm pretty sure Bill Steer started some kinda old school 70's style rock band called Firebird. Haven't heard any of their stuff, neither has anyone i know.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:49 AM   #48
xxgenocide98xx
UG Nerd

Location: Vancouver, WA. Founder of the " I Teabag Mids " club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddam
By the way, if you want to hear a huge carcass ripoff by arch enemy, listen to the latter's 'bury me an angel' and then to carcass' 'lavaging expecorate of lysergide composition'...

I have to be honest and say that I like Bury Me An Angel much more. The riff is blatantly lifted, but the song is just.. more kickass.

I'm pretty much basically never listening to post-johan arch enemy again.

I ALWAYS learn Steer's solos when I play carcass because Amotts ****ing suck. They're all Kirk-Hammetted up with Wah and an extra side of suck usually... Whereas Steer just melts your face.

I have this video of them from 91 or something, its pretty good. Amott used an RG, lawl.

Steer started classic rock band named Firebird and pretty much just plays classic rock, it wasnt too bad... but he doesn't play any really flashy solos or anything.

I can't believe such a death/grind pioneer (napalm death and then carcass..) refusees to play metal anymore. Thats enough to make almost any mettlehead weep.

Buy my stuff!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=330797

Founder of the "I Teabag Mids" club, because the <3 isn't really a heart. PM me to join.
xxgenocide98xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:54 AM   #49
DevilsIsland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxgenocide98xx
I have to be honest and say that I like Bury Me An Angel much more. The riff is blatantly lifted, but the song is just.. more kickass.

I'm pretty much basically never listening to post-johan arch enemy again.

I ALWAYS learn Steer's solos when I play carcass because Amotts ****ing suck. They're all Kirk-Hammetted up with Wah and an extra side of suck usually... Whereas Steer just melts your face.

I have this video of them from 91 or something, its pretty good. Amott used an RG, lawl.

Steer started classic rock band named Firebird and pretty much just plays classic rock, it wasnt too bad... but he doesn't play any really flashy solos or anything.

I can't believe such a death/grind pioneer (napalm death and then carcass..) refusees to play metal anymore. Thats enough to make almost any mettlehead weep.

No wonder Amott ripped that off-he just left Carcass. Something like Trivium compared to Carcass is like Backstreet Boys compared to Black Sabbath-i just think they are cheesey and weak
DevilsIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:58 AM   #50
xxgenocide98xx
UG Nerd

Location: Vancouver, WA. Founder of the " I Teabag Mids " club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsIsland
No wonder Amott ripped that off-he just left Carcass. Something like Trivium compared to Carcass is like Backstreet Boys compared to Black Sabbath-i just think they are cheesey and weak

It doesn't matter dude he still lifted the riffs and I never said it was bad. To be fair black earth was five years after necroticism... and he took some of his own riffage for the song 'stigmata' too. I'm pretty sure that arpeggio is somewhere on heartwork, haha.

What the **** are you talking about black sabbath and trivium and ****ing boybands in a carcass thread for? lol

Buy my stuff!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=330797

Founder of the "I Teabag Mids" club, because the <3 isn't really a heart. PM me to join.
xxgenocide98xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:56 AM   #51
unfathomable_bo
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyextysixx
I was reading some stuff about Bill Steer the other week. Apparrently he's completely dissociated himself from metal, claiming that "metal is only for teenagers".
Went into isolation in Australia or something... i have no idea.

So has Jeff.

The last imput he had on anything metal was 2 years ago when he did live vocals for Maple Cross when they covered Denim and Leather, and 4 years ago when he produced Diamanthian's debut. Since then all he's done is his country stuff, and This is Menace.

www.myspace.com/neuromametal
unfathomable_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:02 AM   #52
dead-fish
Professor Miseria Supremu

And I was hoping there would be a reunion one day
Old 08-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #53
saddam
Carcass

Steer's solos are idd cooler, but on the dvd he seriously ****s them up!
saddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #54
mortiis999

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfathomable_bo
So has Jeff.

The last imput he had on anything metal was 2 years ago when he did live vocals for Maple Cross when they covered Denim and Leather, and 4 years ago when he produced Diamanthian's debut. Since then all he's done is his country stuff, and This is Menace.

WRON|G

Jeff played bass in Brujeria and To separate the flesh form the bones this year, as well as doing his country metal thing

I love Carcass (maybe not "Swansong") and as such am in a Carcass clone band. We only write material that sounds like it could have come from "Symphonies..." era Carcass, maybe with a touch of "Necroticism" and "Heartwork"
Old 08-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #55
unfathomable_bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortiis999
WRON|G

Jeff played bass in Brujeria and To separate the flesh form the bones this year, as well as doing his country metal thing

Brujeria is a joke band, he might aswell play in Gwar, and TSTFFTB was again just a session.

He always makes up the excuse that J Offalmangler is not him haha

Old 08-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #56
lamblite

I like Symphonies of Sickness, and Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious, but also Heartwork and Swansong
lamblite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #57
dead-fish
Professor Miseria Supremu

Taken from an interview with Jeff from june 2006:

"...is there really no chance that you are ever going to come together again as Carcass?"

"...I like to think that we could do it again tomorrow, you know. But Bill is not really thrashing at his guitar no more. That doesn't mean he couldn't do it, but he's not been doing it for so long now, he would have to retrain some of the stuff. We'd never do it for the money though. Bill has got to believe in what he's doing, so that's probably one of the reasons why Carcass won't reform. He doesn't want to do it. And I am not going to spend the rest of my life trying to convince him to do it."

I geuss that settles it

for the full interview: here

Last edited by dead-fish : 08-16-2006 at 12:24 PM.
dead-fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #58
unfathomable_bo

I was taking to Uncle Jeff at a Brutal Truth gig about a week ago about this, he pretty much said that he'd spoke to Arnott and he was all for it but neither of them wanted to reform the band without Bill because it wouldn't be Carcass.

bleh

Old 02-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #59
im_hungry
UG Board King

They shouldn't do a reunion without bill.Got a vid of AE doing heartwork?
im_hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #60
unfathomable_bo

They played it at Wacken, try and find the webcast on youtube

Rate This Thread: