Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 08-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #21
Goon
tele on the belly
 
Goon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Inbetween molecules of oxygen and carbon-dixode Adelaide, Australia
Am I the only person out there who thinks John should leave RHCP to pursue a more serious solo career?

I think the Red Hot Chili Peppers are deteriorating with the last few album releases and this would probably be for the best.

Sorry if I offend anyone... I love Frusciante.
__________________
my last.fm
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #22
sadistic_monkey
is putting tracks up :O
 
sadistic_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 'Ampshire, Ingerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncang
Just got my copy of Curtains, and to be honest I didn't like it that much. I just thought it was a bit boring.
I thought it was naff at first, but it does grow on you. It's a great album to listen to if you're really mellowed out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieMetalhead
go away sadistic monkey go fuck a turtle

sadistic_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #23
Jimbo999
RHCP are the Greatest!!!
 
Jimbo999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here mainly
Frusciante fans should check out his site because you can listen to unmastered acoustic versions of some of his songs. They sound really good.
Jimbo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #24
slinks
Bastard in a Basket
 
slinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon
Am I the only person out there who thinks John should leave RHCP to pursue a more serious solo career?

I think the Red Hot Chili Peppers are deteriorating with the last few album releases and this would probably be for the best.

Sorry if I offend anyone... I love Frusciante.


As a bigger fan of his solo stuff than RHCP, I'd love to see that happen. The thing is, RHCP is guaranteed money in the bank, and I don't think anyone would pass that up. He's most likely to just keep doing stuff in his downtime from RHCP.
slinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #25
159876432
Funkadelic Addict
 
159876432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Portland OR
im sure some of you know this already, but automatic writing isnt exclusively john, its Ataxia, who by the way have a new album in the works
__________________
159876432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #26
snichs
Ibanez User
 
snichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, England
Video link of John Frusciante playing Under The Bridge lesson

Click here!
__________________
This is my signature



I can't think of a decent sig!
snichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #27
sadistic_monkey
is putting tracks up :O
 
sadistic_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 'Ampshire, Ingerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinks
As a bigger fan of his solo stuff than RHCP, I'd love to see that happen. The thing is, RHCP is guaranteed money in the bank, and I don't think anyone would pass that up. He's most likely to just keep doing stuff in his downtime from RHCP.
I much prefer his solo things too, but he's always seemed pretty damn happy with the chilis.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieMetalhead
go away sadistic monkey go fuck a turtle

sadistic_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #28
cagnius
Gin and Tonic, please...
 
cagnius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: .
I'm just getting into his solo stuff these days - I'm totally infactuated with his playing. So, I was wondering on which of his solo albums (if any) that he really rips (think Turn it again-esque)? If not, I'm more than happy to buy all the records, they're quality.
__________________
Terms and Conditions apply.
cagnius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #29
Musical Meds
Medicated State of Mind
 
Musical Meds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon
Am I the only person out there who thinks John should leave RHCP to pursue a more serious solo career?

I think the Red Hot Chili Peppers are deteriorating with the last few album releases and this would probably be for the best.


im a giant fan of rhcp. i dont think of rhcp being rhcp without Frusciante. i hate dave navarro. and i dont think Frusciante's solo stuff isnt "radio frendly" enough, so to speak for him to quit the chili peppers and go by himself. and he does look pretty happy with them.
__________________
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
Musical Meds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:34 AM   #30
Liam Alan
Come on feet
 
Liam Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Down by the river...I made a golden promise that we would never part I gave my love a locket and then I broke her heart and then I broke her heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical Meds
im a giant fan of rhcp. i dont think of rhcp being rhcp without Frusciante. i hate dave navarro. and i dont think Frusciante's solo stuff isnt "radio frendly" enough, so to speak for him to quit the chili peppers and go by himself. and he does look pretty happy with them.


I kind of agree since I consider Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik their best album but Chillis had about 6 guitarists before Frusciante (I think 6). But his RHCP stuff dwarfs his ability so much. Frusciante's solo stuff is so huge it is overwhelming. I honestly consider "Shadows Collide With People" to being as close to a perfect album as possible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Liam Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #31
sadistic_monkey
is putting tracks up :O
 
sadistic_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 'Ampshire, Ingerland
I prefer The Will to Death. It's just has more of an album feel to it. That said, I adore Shadows. It was that album that really got me into his music. I was blown away by Carvel first time I heard it. Still atm as a matter of fact.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieMetalhead
go away sadistic monkey go fuck a turtle

sadistic_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #32
Conky420
UG Fanatic
 
Conky420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Member #6 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join.Member #3 of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub. Follower of The Curch Of Gilmour, pm happytimeharry to join
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Alan
I kind of agree since I consider Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik their best album but Chillis had about 6 guitarists before Frusciante (I think 6). But his RHCP stuff dwarfs his ability so much. Frusciante's solo stuff is so huge it is overwhelming. I honestly consider "Shadows Collide With People" to being as close to a perfect album as possible.

Jack Sherman (Guitar: 1984-1985)
Hillel Slovak (Guitar: 1983, 1985-1988)
Duane McKnight (Guitar: 1988)
John Frusciante (Guitar: 1989-1992, 1998-Present)
Zander Schloss (Guitar: 1992)
Arik Marshall (Guitar: 1992)
Jesse Tobias (Guitar: 1993)
Dave Navarro (Guitar: 1993-1998)

so, 8
__________________
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.


(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people


DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Conky420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:13 PM   #33
leaping badger
UG Board King
 
leaping badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UK
i absolutely love JFroo, currently i have, Shadows collide with people, The Will To Death, Curtains, Niandra LaDes and Usually just a T-shirt, And the DC EP, all of which are awesome. I really want to get more though. The stuff on his site is awesome too especially the acoustic SCWP. John is the biggest inspiration to me musically. I really respect him

oh yeah and here's a cool video of him covering how deep is you love.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayaplaya
(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
leaping badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #34
II HaZzA II
John Frusciante is awsome
 
II HaZzA II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
All i gota say is this link
MY HERO!

plus does anyone know like the main scale he uses or what mode he uses or what cus all his lead sounds his nothin like no one else

Last edited by II HaZzA II : 08-16-2006 at 05:24 PM.
II HaZzA II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:34 AM   #35
Felas_kevin
i traded it....
 
Felas_kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern California
I only like some of john's solo stuff. I have heard about 70% of his solo songs and I found his best (and most coherent album) to be curtains. A lot of solo albums stuff has songs that just seem too poorly arranged. It could be because 8 album in 8month thing or w/e, i dunno anyway. The only solo album i can listen all the way through is curtains. But Shadows or To record only water only have a few tracks worth listening. And Most of his early stuff was just suppose to be "trippy". I would like those albums if I was on drugs, but not in a sober listening context.
__________________
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.
Felas_kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #36
Liam Alan
Come on feet
 
Liam Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Down by the river...I made a golden promise that we would never part I gave my love a locket and then I broke her heart and then I broke her heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conky420
Jack Sherman (Guitar: 1984-1985)
Hillel Slovak (Guitar: 1983, 1985-1988)
Duane McKnight (Guitar: 1988)
John Frusciante (Guitar: 1989-1992, 1998-Present)
Zander Schloss (Guitar: 1992)
Arik Marshall (Guitar: 1992)
Jesse Tobias (Guitar: 1993)
Dave Navarro (Guitar: 1993-1998)

so, 8


I was refering to before Frusciante. He was saying he didn't consider the Chilli's the chillis without Frusciante. My point is they were around before Frusciante. Frusciante joined in 1989. So actually 3 before Frusciante.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Liam Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #37
Stacked Actors
Registered Sex Offender
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by II HaZzA II
plus does anyone know like the main scale he uses or what mode he uses or what cus all his lead sounds his nothin like no one else



I know for some songs (al a Californication) he uses Minor Pentatonic and Mixodylian. And also, that video is sweet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theusedsk8r
did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Stacked Actors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #38
Conky420
UG Fanatic
 
Conky420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Member #6 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join.Member #3 of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub. Follower of The Curch Of Gilmour, pm happytimeharry to join
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Alan
I was refering to before Frusciante. He was saying he didn't consider the Chilli's the chillis without Frusciante. My point is they were around before Frusciante. Frusciante joined in 1989. So actually 3 before Frusciante.

well, i read it as you were referring to how many they had in total, lol
__________________
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.


(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people


DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Conky420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:30 AM   #39
Liam Alan
Come on feet
 
Liam Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Down by the river...I made a golden promise that we would never part I gave my love a locket and then I broke her heart and then I broke her heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conky420
well, i read it as you were referring to how many they had in total, lol


Go read it again. Look at your quote of me. You bolded the "6" before "guitarists before Frusciante".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Liam Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #40
MusicHead32
UG Member
 
MusicHead32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesdude3
Does Anyone have the Tabs to the under the bridge lesson he did for guitar world? Its differnt then the tabs they have on UG and i would really love to find out how he's doing it. I saw the RCHP in concert last night and john was awesome, He really helps put on a great show.

i have it
__________________
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
MusicHead32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.