Password
Search:

Old 08-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
ouchies
UG's OG

Schecter Jolly Roger

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=513129

is it any good?

how is it compared to a c-1 plus? i was thinking about getting the c-1 plus really soon, but then I saw this, and it has emg's so.
ouchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
SchecterC-1+Man

As my name says, i have a c-1 +. I havent played that one yet, but i will say that c-1+ kick major ass. The seymour duncan designed humbuckers are rreeaalllyyy good. It sounds great thru my fender G-dec...I can get so many different tones thanks to the single/double coil thingy it can do with the push/pull knob. I can get tones ranging from project 86 to metallica and breaking benjamin even. So, if you really like EMGs get the jolly roger. But the c-1+ is fantastic.
SchecterC-1+Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
Ghost_bass
Ug's wannabe luthier

go with the c-1 man i dont own one but ive played a couple and theyve all been great
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Ghost_bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:49 PM   #4
aznrockerdude
MUSOU SENSHOUSAN!

Location: Gainesville, FL. Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Upgrade your amp first

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
aznrockerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
soilworker64

Ive never played it but have quite a bit of expirience with schecter and Id say go for it. After looking at the features and then the price that guitars a steal. If you wanted EMG's tha would cost half what the guitar does. If you want a heavy rock metal tone Id say that your guitar. Shecter are very good guitars for their prices and you can do some upgrades to them to make them even better.
soilworker64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
SynGates7X
GOOZEX FTW

get it. i have a hellraiser avenger, and thats basically a hellraiser that looks different. so, yeah, get it. its awesome. sounds great, plays great.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 AM   #7
soilworker64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynGates7X
get it. i have a hellraiser avenger, and thats basically a hellraiser that looks different. so, yeah, get it. its awesome. sounds great, plays great.

I hope it doesn'tt sound the same Ive played those hellraiser before and wow i think they suck. Comparing the 2's specs they arn't really the same beside the pick ups.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
Austrorammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilworker64
I hope it doesn'tt sound the same Ive played those hellraiser before and wow i think they suck. Comparing the 2's specs they arn't really the same beside the pick ups.

yeah but most of the tone comes from the pickups so they would sound pretty similar.
Through what amp did you play the hellraiser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Austrorammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:14 AM   #9
SynGates7X
GOOZEX FTW

Quote:

they have the same pickups, they are made of the same wood, have the same hardware, same neck construction, so they really are pretty much the same..only difference is the ebony fretboard and that they look different
Old 08-29-2006, 12:21 AM   #10
soilworker64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrorammer
yeah but most of the tone comes from the pickups so they would sound pretty similar.

Yeah but tone is also affected by the wood body shape,neck wood. I played it through a marshall mode four head and some marshall cab.

Quote:
they have the same pickups, they are made of the same wood, have the same hardware, same neck construction, so they really are pretty much the same..only difference is the ebony fretboard and that they look different

Really i thought the woods were different the jolly rogers is all mahogany isn't it and the hellraiser is just a quilt top of mahogany i believe but I could be wrong and also the neck wood changes the tone of a guitar too. The shape of the guitar all affects the tone so.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:35 AM   #11
SynGates7X
GOOZEX FTW

Quote:
Yeah but tone is also affected by the wood body shape,neck wood. I played it through a marshall mode four head and some marshall cab.

Really i thought the woods were different the jolly rogers is all mahogany isn't it and the hellraiser is just a quilt top of mahogany i believe but I could be wrong and also the neck wood changes the tone of a guitar too. The shape of the guitar all affects the tone so.

yeah its got the quilted maple, but thats only gonna make the tone differ slightly..but i've never heard of the shape of a guitar affecting the tone.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:26 AM   #12
Vornik
'Leviathumpin

Quote:

The top is quilted maple, not quilted mahoganny.

Is there even such a thing as quilted mahogany tops??

Interesting question...
Vornik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #13
soilworker64

Quote:
yeah its got the quilted maple, but thats only gonna make the tone differ slightly..but i've never heard of the shape of a guitar affecting the tone.

Something like a les paul thats a hug piece of a hard wood is gonna have a lot more sustain and be a lot brighter than some like a strat.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #14
timi_hendrix
My heron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrorammer

Most of the tone comes from the amp, then the body wood, then the pickups (?).

My Music
timi_hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:46 PM   #15
Danno13
Also a five-star chef.

^I'd say body wood and pickups make about the same amount of difference.

Offtopic, I just found out that my Strat plus heavy Marshall-style overdrive, in the neck-middle position, sounds like it's got autowah when I use vibrato.
Danno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #16
les_kris
Fight The Dog

To the guy who said most of you tone comes from you pickups, sorry, but you're wrong. The pickup is essential a microphone. The guitars acoustic tone is 'mic'd' by the pickups. The only difference a pickup can make is output levels and slight level changes at different levels. I.e. High out put pickup with a strong midrange etc.

And shape of a guitar and wood have massive influences on tone. Tonal differences between a mahogany les paul and a bass wood RG both with Humbuckers, even the same humbuckers will sound different. On reading an interview with Zakk Wylde, he refers to 4 of his les pauls having the same construction, same pickups and same hardware etc, all having different tone for one reason or another. So almost everything makes a difference to the tone, except the pickups.
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
les_kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #17
CustomCustom
Banned

ahoy matey! aahrrgg shiver me timbers its the jolly roger good deal and the 12th fret inlay isnt too cheezy, hell the EMGs are worth $200 alone. Id prefer the C1 plus for the 24.75" scale and flamed top though and add pups later.
CustomCustom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: