Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Pop Punk & Emo
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-25-2006, 06:04 PM   #21
sTjImMy83091
UG's Official Sadist

Bla-bla-bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker
^Kerplunk! is my favorite Green Day album too...

However, I did not think that Warning was all that bad. It was just a fun poppy album...

Personally, I prefer Insomniac, seems like a lot of energy went into it, don't know why. After that, Kerplunk!, then 39/Smooth, it sounds a lot closer to what they sound like live, and for some reason that most likely has to do with my being derranged, I like live bands. Then Dookie, Nimrod, Shenanigans, AI, Warning.

And back on topic... I think 39/Smooth was amazing, the solos are pretty decent for a 16 year old, they sound together. The bass lacks quite a bit though, and Sobrante doesn't really vary to much from a basic beat, or have Tre's crazy obsession with cymbals, which I think leads to his virtually killing the record .

Last edited by sTjImMy83091 : 09-25-2006 at 06:08 PM.
sTjImMy83091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #22
nerk13
Your BFF, right?

Dude, I personally believe all of their albums totally rock. I'm sure their next album is gonna rock and become a big hit. Did ya'll hear on them opening the Superdome with U2? They were awesome, Billie was looking a little emo, but, hey, the song was kick-ass.

I would have to say my favorite album would have to be Nimrod, 'cause of Time of Your Life and King For A Day, I would guess. I hope they have King For A Day kinda songs on the new album, you know, fun, silly, weirdass songs that are freakin' hilarious. Another Grouch-ish song would be cool too. Oh well, even if they don't do that, it'll still be awesome.

Oh yeah, I haven't heard Slappy because I figured it wouldn't be any good without Tre, but I guess I was wrong. From the sound of you guys, I should probably try it out.
So drive those staples deep
nerk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:34 PM   #23
screamokid
Banned

face it, all greenday albums suck, there all like 3 power chords, and lyrics that have to inspiration behind them. american idiot was a change. they wrote about something. but there ******s. they call themselves a "punk band" but real punk bands would never be heard on the same radio station as jessica simpson, christina agulara, even when they got a grammy they said punk music on pop stations is cool haha no its not it defeats the purpose of punk music. green day makes me sick serioulsy
screamokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #24
maXterbat0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamokid
face it, all greenday albums suck,
not true, there are good songs by them, and people like the albums. this is the green day thread...
Quote:
there all like 3 power chords, and lyrics that have to inspiration behind them
so what if they don't have insano skull**** shredcore guitar licks? it still sounds pretty good.
Quote:
american idiot was a change. they wrote about something.
and? were their other songs instrumentals? I don't get it...
Quote:
but there ******s.
no, here ******s...
Quote:
they call themselves a "punk band" but real punk bands would never be heard on the same radio station as jessica simpson, christina agulara,
they are a tad on the commercial side...
Quote:
even when they got a grammy they said punk music on pop stations is cool
yo, ever heard of an opinion? they truly are neat things...
Quote:
haha no its not it defeats the purpose of punk music. green day makes me sick serioulsy
wasn't punk going against what the papers said, and doing what their friends said was cool?the papers took advantage of this and used reverse-phsychology to get them to spit on punk musicians...
maXterbat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #25
nerk13
Your BFF, right?

Exactly.

4String-Tsurigi, you are a wise man, a wise man indeed.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #26
jaytholomew

Why are green day in the same category as crap bands like
the used, and fall out boy = S
jaytholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #27
Mild Vibe
UG Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytholomew

Because they are like them, at least now. They may be a bit more punk i supposed, but just because Black Flag is heavier then the Sex Pistols doesn't mean they aren't both punk.
Mild Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:30 PM   #28
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytholomew

Ever heard Dead On Arrival by Fall Out Boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
FrenchyFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #29
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.

I can't say I've ever heard of this band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

the_astronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #30
lespaulfan101
I'm actually a fenderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
Kerplunk is my favorite album, followed by 1039 SOSHs. Dookie was good, Insomniac was good, Nimrod was decent-I felt it had some real good songs, and some that were just s***-Warning was their worst/poppiest album, American Idiot was decent, but not deserving of all the hype it got.
I used to love Green Day, but not anymore. I don't think they deserve the mass amounts of flamage they get though. Anyone who listens to the older stuff (pre-Dookie) knows Billie Joe doesn't suck at guitar so much as he chooses to play simple power chords.

Is that why he removed his pickup selector so it dosnt get in the way of strumming. Dont get me wrong, *Ehem* Their a little below decent, but their *ehem again* ok, but they dont deserve the whole, *Everyone plays their songs from united supermarkets to tampons comercials* thing.

Me neither
lespaulfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #31
neidnarb11890

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyfungus
Ever heard Dead On Arrival by Fall Out Boy?

I must admit, I do like "Take This To Your Grave." Can't stand the newer stuff though. And screamokid, stop being a dick. Green Day has good songs and people like them. I belive we've already established the fact that Billie Joe had some cool solos on 1039SOSHs and Kerplunk, as well as the fact that Green Day are POP-punk, hence they are in the POP-PUNK/emo forum, not the PUNK and ska forum. True, now they're more pop-rock, yes, they are extremely commercial, but w/e. I like them more than most stuff on the radio.

EDIT: and nerk13, no offense, but you're gonna get flamed like crazy if you post in the pit.

EDIT 2:
Quote:
Is that why he removed his pickup selector so it dosnt get in the way of strumming.

Doesn't he play a Les Paul Jr. which only has one pickup now? I never really use my neck pickup either, so I'm kind of missing you're point...

Last edited by neidnarb11890 : 09-27-2006 at 08:50 PM.
neidnarb11890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:05 AM   #32
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.

Quote:
but there ******s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

the_astronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #33
nerk13
Your BFF, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
EDIT: and nerk13, no offense, but you're gonna get flamed like crazy if you post in the pit.

Thanks for the warning, and yeah, I've already posted in there; you are right, I was indeed flamed like crazy.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #34
SpringingOff
Wanna know what I think?

1.039 Smoothed etc. was definetly the 2nd or 3rd best right after Dookie (or) and Insomniac! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
SpringingOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #35
sTjImMy83091
UG's Official Sadist

Bla-bla-bla

Now, I'd call nerk a poser, but I'd get my ass flamed off. So I won't And to keep this thread from being spaminated by jerkoffs like me... Slappy is great solely for the fact that it's amazing for a bunch of 16-year-olds to make up 18 songs that sound so well laid-out. IMO.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #36
BassSurfer
Banned

guys i cant express enough how much i dislike the new green day fans... like seriously i rememebr being a kid blasting slappy hours, and kerplunk etc.. now i have to go through this.. im really getting sick of this.... hopefully its the old stuff
BassSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #37
sTjImMy83091
UG's Official Sadist

Bla-bla-bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassSurfer
guys i cant express enough how much i dislike the new green day fans... like seriously i rememebr being a kid blasting slappy hours, and kerplunk etc.. now i have to go through this.. im really getting sick of this.... hopefully its the old stuff

A: bonus points for saying you were around back then and actually being around back then, and B: i'm attempting to discuss the old stuff, as was half the people who posted here. The select majority of people who weren't, I for one ignore
Old 09-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #38
nerk13
Your BFF, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTjImMy83091
Now, I'd call nerk a poser, but I'd get my ass flamed off. So I won't And to keep this thread from being spaminated by jerkoffs like me... Slappy is great solely for the fact that it's amazing for a bunch of 16-year-olds to make up 18 songs that sound so well laid-out. IMO.

WTH!?! Why am I a poser? Please explain your outlandish statement! I am greatly offended.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #39
nerk13
Your BFF, right?

I agree with BassSurfer I seriously hope their new album will sound more like their old stuff, though from the look of it, it may turn out emo, which sucks. I've always wondered though, and ya'll please answer this, who is the better drummer, Tre or John? I've heard some people say John is really, really bad, but I want to hear what ya'll think. Especially you, mr. frenchy fungus, you seem to know what you're talking about.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #40
xArCaDiAx
An Unfortunate Seduction

Location: Member No.3 of Brand New Annonymous. PM MattDaviesFFAF, the_astronaut or ghettohippygirl to join.
They are Pop-Rock now...not Pop-Punk.

I dont want to get into why, just search for the Only Green Day thread (which should be bumped to get rid of the 3-4 Green Day threads that have surfaced as of yesterday) and post in there.

Rate This Thread: