Guitar fr00b

Can't even compare those two.
Fabbi_Kanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:28 PM   #82
GuitarManiac09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabbi_Kanin
Can't even compare those two.

Are you saying like one is boundlessly better than the other?

Because, they are both tablature editors with the same general concept... Just different features. That's like telling me I can't compare say a Les Paul Classic to the new Les Paul with Ethernet hook-ups, because one costs more has more capabilities.
GuitarManiac09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:54 AM   #83
TheVinesRule
<none>

hi, can someone tell me if it's possible to put slur's into power tab and then how to do it? cheers
TheVinesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #84
GuitarManiac09

I have no idea man, go to the power tab help thread, they should know.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #85
BadBishop
Bass>Guitar

The only thing Power tab has over Guitar Pro is you can have low melody sections meaning pieces on Piano can be played easily. Just look at Tennessee by Hans Zimmer (its on UG).
BadBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:26 AM   #86
GuitarManiac09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBishop
The only thing Power tab has over Guitar Pro is you can have low melody sections meaning pieces on Piano can be played easily. Just look at Tennessee by Hans Zimmer (its on UG).

Thanks, added.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:15 AM   #87
terryn0
UG's Jedi Bassist

im partial to GuitarPro5 myself....i dont really need powertab because GuitarPro can use power tab files and play them back in GP format...
terryn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #88
WhiteLightning
Life sucks,then you die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Pink_Queen
Guitar programs are for wussies.

Looks good...

I agree...
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #89
emad
Rocker

Thanks dude.Guitar pro 5 is awesome,but it has some problem:
1_sometimes get confused.
2_When you update your software,all tabs you wrote before chang in sound and sometime
time signature.
emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #90
GuitarManiac09

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad
Thanks dude.Guitar pro 5 is awesome,but it has some problem:
1_sometimes get confused.
2_When you update your software,all tabs you wrote before chang in sound and sometime
time signature.

o.O That never happens to me... If you bought the program, I would contact the Guitar Pro support center and ask them about it.

And for the sometimes you get confused part, just give yourself some time. By now I know pretty much everything I need to know about Guitar Pro to make it do what I want.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #91
cagnius
Gin and Tonic, please...

Powertab does the job for me!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #92
t0M0

Dont know if this has been put up as a point because i couldnt be bothered reading through like 5 pages of ppl saying i like this or i like that.

Anyway what i would like to say is that Power Tab also has the advantage of having very low system requirments, making it great for ppl who are spending more on there guitars then there comps =P

GP owns lower end systems to the point where the feature to play the piece is almost usless. (this becomes especialy problematic when mutliple instruments are playing etc.)
t0M0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:06 AM   #93
GuitarManiac09

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0M0
Dont know if this has been put up as a point because i couldnt be bothered reading through like 5 pages of ppl saying i like this or i like that.

Anyway what i would like to say is that Power Tab also has the advantage of having very low system requirments, making it great for ppl who are spending more on there guitars then there comps =P

GP owns lower end systems to the point where the feature to play the piece is almost usless. (this becomes especialy problematic when mutliple instruments are playing etc.)

Yeah, 'twas in the first post, but thanks for your effort to contribute!
Old 12-24-2006, 03:51 AM   #94
wasp2020

God yes...the stop button is glitchy as hell in GP, and the sound freezes up whenever a 16th note run (or faster) is being played. Damn, that's annoying. Especially when you listen to a ton of Satriani >_>
wasp2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #95
GuitarManiac09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp2020
God yes...the stop button is glitchy as hell in GP, and the sound freezes up whenever a 16th note run (or faster) is being played. Damn, that's annoying. Especially when you listen to a ton of Satriani >_>

o_O I don't think that's the programs fault, I think it's your computers...
Old 12-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #96
La Qotsa
BOOM

Regardless of what size (in MB) the damn thing is, I think we can all see that Guitar Pro has a much nicer interface to work with AND realistic sounds (if you like) instead of Powertab, which sounds like something your mate made up on his mobile when he found "ringtone maker"
Behringer FCB1010
La Qotsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #97
richwatkinson
UG Fanatic

Im'a lay down a few reasons why GP walks all over power tab.

First: GP files are highly available from UG (Thousands of the buggers)

Second:Every GP file I've used has been 95% correct or more.

Third: the RSE effects > with the right computer, RSE can be great, bringing dull MIDI parts to life.

Four: GP can be used to make high-quality backing tracks for recording or jamming (something power tab does not and probably never will feature. Write a drum/bass line, export, and burn to a CD. Perfect for writing new guitar peices.)

Five: Various instruments that actually sound like they should. Lets face it, PT is nice, but i for one can't stand the endless drone of MIDI notes.

Six: It can help you to write and structure songs.

As much as people would like you to believe there isnt, with 30 Pounds and around 360 Mb difference, there is a whole lot of extra features. Well worth buying, torrenting, or just trying out.

As it stands , my playing has benefitted immensely since i got my hands on GP. I write picking exercises, arpeggio sequences and pretty much every kind of technique-building lick you can think of, then use the programs metronome/speed trainer to help me get difficult phrases and ideas up to speed.

Thats about all...

~Rich
Old 12-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #98
whack-a-bass

i u sse powertab to save my bands songs so we can come back to them later on. Why pay for GP whe u can use powertab..its cheaper yes..guess itsnto as good, but it'd be my first coice
whack-a-bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:09 AM   #99
wasp2020

Uh, yeah - the exact same for Powertabs.

So what. Every Powertab file I've used has been 95% correct or more. 80% of GP tabs I've seen have either been horrific (and I mean it) or poorly, poorly done.

Third: the RSE effects > with the right computer, RSE can be great, bringing dull MIDI parts to life.

Okay. Can be.

Four: GP can be used to make high-quality backing tracks for recording or jamming (something power tab does not and probably never will feature. Write a drum/bass line, export, and burn to a CD. Perfect for writing new guitar peices.)

Powertab does not have drums (well yes, it does, but not to the extent that GP does). It will have it in the next version (I don't know where you're getting this "probably never will", certainly not from anywhere but your own head). Alright, it doesn't have perfect drums, you can write a bass/drum line, record, and burn to a CD. I don't know what kind of argument you're making here.

Five: Various instruments that actually sound like they should. Lets face it, PT is nice, but i for one can't stand the endless drone of MIDI notes.

Uh, no, both use MIDI, therefore they both sound EXACTLY the same, no matter what. It jsut matters what sound card you're using. Seriously.

...So can Powertab. I've written more then a dozen pieces with it already.

So out of 6 points of why GP "walks all over" PT, all you've mentioned are the features both of them offer. Seriously, have you ever even used Powertab before? Do you even have it on your computer, for gods sakes? "Gee, I don't know what the heck this right here Powertab is, but GP can write arpeggios! It's orgasmic!"

As much as people would like you to believe there isnt, with 30 Pounds and around 360 Mb difference, there is a whole lot of extra features. Well worth buying, torrenting, or just trying out.

There's some extra features, yes, but you haven't mentioned any of them. Except for RSE.

As it stands , my playing has benefitted immensely since i got my hands on GP. I write picking exercises, arpeggio sequences and pretty much every kind of technique-building lick you can think of, then use the programs metronome/speed trainer to help me get difficult phrases and ideas up to speed.

And PT can do exactly the same thing. Jesus Goddamn Christ, never become a salesman. "I don't know about this washing machine, but this one here has a whole buncha settings on it, it can even do a Heavy Wash! It's the most amazing thing since sliced bread! With this baby, I can wear a nice outfit one day, and then wash it and wear it another! Why the hell would you choose that other washing machine, God, what's wrong with you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarManiac09
o_O I don't think that's the programs fault, I think it's your computers...

So? It's a perfectly valid reason for me not to use the program. And all three of my computers are more then adequete enough. If Powertab can play absolutely anything, then GP should also (but nooo, let's give them a flashy layout, that's more important...).

Last edited by wasp2020 : 12-25-2006 at 04:14 AM.
wasp2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:08 PM   #100
GuitarManiac09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp2020

Uh, yeah - the exact same for Powertabs.

So what. Every Powertab file I've used has been 95% correct or more. 80% of GP tabs I've seen have either been horrific (and I mean it) or poorly, poorly done.

Okay. Can be.

Powertab does not have drums (well yes, it does, but not to the extent that GP does). It will have it in the next version (I don't know where you're getting this "probably never will", certainly not from anywhere but your own head). Alright, it doesn't have perfect drums, you can write a bass/drum line, record, and burn to a CD. I don't know what kind of argument you're making here.

Uh, no, both use MIDI, therefore they both sound EXACTLY the same, no matter what. It jsut matters what sound card you're using. Seriously.

...So can Powertab. I've written more then a dozen pieces with it already.

So out of 6 points of why GP "walks all over" PT, all you've mentioned are the features both of them offer. Seriously, have you ever even used Powertab before? Do you even have it on your computer, for gods sakes? "Gee, I don't know what the heck this right here Powertab is, but GP can write arpeggios! It's orgasmic!"

There's some extra features, yes, but you haven't mentioned any of them. Except for RSE.

And PT can do exactly the same thing. Jesus Goddamn Christ, never become a salesman. "I don't know about this washing machine, but this one here has a whole buncha settings on it, it can even do a Heavy Wash! It's the most amazing thing since sliced bread! With this baby, I can wear a nice outfit one day, and then wash it and wear it another! Why the hell would you choose that other washing machine, God, what's wrong with you?"

So? It's a perfectly valid reason for me not to use the program. And all three of my computers are more then adequete enough. If Powertab can play absolutely anything, then GP should also (but nooo, let's give them a flashy layout, that's more important...).

Jesus Christ man, fucking chill.. Some people prefer power tab, some guitar pro, you don't have to throw a huge tantrum. People have OPINIONS, just cause someone likes Guitar Pro and you like Power Tab doesn't mean they are an idiot. The fact you can get so pissed off by such minuscule a topic is rather sad man, grow up.

Rate This Thread: