Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-12-2006, 07:53 AM   #41
Whats the story
UG Fanatic

gay people on the whole are really funny, iv got a few gay friends and there really great but im straight as a ruler and ifthey were to try hit on me, id hit on them...with many spanners.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Whats the story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:59 AM   #42
Godbe
Registered Cool

Well I'm not gay, but not that I've got a problem with it, in fact, I think it's becoming quite common (forgive me if it sounds like I'm comparing it to a fashion trend) for people to be gay, what with legalised gay marriage over here in England and all that. I mean I watched a couple of talks shows the last 2 nights (Friday Night with Johnothan Ross, and Parkinson), and I was quite shocked to learn that Ian Mcellen (spelling?) was gay, aswell as a guest with Johnothan Ross who was Bisexual...I think I've also heard that Stephen Fry (QI game show U.K.) was gay...
I don't actually have any gay friends (or I do but just don't know), but I don't think it would particularly bother me if they were gay, however what would bother me, is if they started to actually (sorry for the horrible word, I can't find a better, more polite one) "inflict" their sexuality upon me, i.e. "making a move" on me, even though they knew I was not gay, although I am completely comfaortable with my hetrosexuality so I could go along with some childish flirting and innuendos etc.
But like I said before, there's a high number of people in the limelight who I've recently discovered to be gay, but it doesn't change my opinion on them whatsoever, I just see them as the higly respected individual that they are in their field of work.

Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful...

Godbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:23 AM   #43
S'gunS'man
SilvergunSuperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridge_raider
1) Are you gay?

No.

2) Your stance on gay marriage?

I have no problem with it. I have SOME issue with gay people having children, for the sake of the child. I'm sure that they can get just as much love and support from gay parents as straight, but the discrimination the child grows up with is what makes me undecided.

3) How do you feel about discrimation of gays?

I think everyone enjoys a laugh at gay expense, and I know I have done, but its all in jest. If I was gay, I wouldn't take massive offence to small jokes etc [although I'm sure it gets tiring] but there is no need for hatred or real offensiveness.

I think it's just like any other thing, you have to be able to take a joke. I wear glasses, but I wouldn't go off my swede if someone said "Four Eyes" (mainly because its the most pathetic insult ever lol, but nevermind) and I wouldn't go mad if someone called me a bender one time, if I was gay.

But real hatred of gays offends me too.

The thing that ticks me off is like you said, when gay people feel the need to base everything in their life around the fact that they are gay. I'm not saying this applies to everyone, but when it does happen I find it extremely annoying.

I have this exact same opinion.
S'gunS'man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 AM   #44
Yakult
Never You Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbe
I was quite shocked to learn that Ian Mcellen (spelling?) was gay, aswell as a guest with Johnothan Ross who was Bisexual...I think I've also heard that Stephen Fry (QI game show U.K.) was gay....

PLEASE tell me you're joking

Who in their right mind would thing Stephen Fry was straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
But if you think only christians should be able to call it marriage perhaps you got some sort of argument for it? Or is it just something you picked up somewhere and believes in without questioning it? Please explain.

Hmm... It's a tough question. I think that "marriage" should be allowed only between a man and a women because technically gayness is against most religions. There should definately be a civil alternative though, so that they get the same rights as a husband-wife couples, have to get "divorced" etc.

I'm definately not homophobic
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #45
Godbe
Registered Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakult

Well I've never seen that pic before, nor do I see much of Stepher Fry in the media so I never really knew, but it does make sense now.

Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful...

Godbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #46
Yakult
Never You Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbe
Well I've never seen that pic before, nor do I see much of Stepher Fry in the media so I never really knew, but it does make sense now.

Haha, it sure does! Stephen Fry's a total legend. Stephen Fry + Hugh Laurie = The best thing EVER
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #47
Funkbass796
Analrapist

1)No
2)I don't agree with it however in the United States, if we really are the "land of the free" then why should people be restricted on who they can marry?
3)Discrimination isn't cool however gay people need to lighten up and not be on the defensive so much. They should be able to take jokes gracefully instead of just shouting "homophobe!" every chance they get.

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Funkbass796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #48
meh!
Doin' DAT FUNKY DANCE

Everybody knows gays are less intelligent and more prone to rape, so on that basis, we should definitley leave about 40 in a house with Noel Edmunds
Old 11-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #49
NoisyPinkBubble
Banned

Quote:
Everybody knows gays are less intelligent

Stereotypical. Gays are portrayed as stupid people throughout society, especially on TV. I have several bisexual and gay friends who are very intelligent and in no way act like the stereotypical gay person does.
NoisyPinkBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #50
meh!
Doin' DAT FUNKY DANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPinkBubble
Stereotypical. Gays are portrayed as stupid people throughout society, especially on TV. I have several bisexual and gay friends who are very intelligent and in no way act like the stereotypical gay person does.

No, it's a SCIENF-FACT that peopl with that imbalance of hormones cannot reach the same peak of intelligence. Parts of there brain are altered by the imbalance and energy is spent compensating for it, as opposed to thinking
Old 11-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #51
Izz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakult

Hmm... It's a tough question. I think that "marriage" should be allowed only between a man and a women because technically gayness is against most religions. There should definately be a civil alternative though, so that they get the same rights as a husband-wife couples, have to get "divorced" etc.

I'm definately not homophobic

But why should we go after a religion a lot of people doesn't have or support?...
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #52
zekk
I am me as you are we

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUP3R
You took my post the wrong way.

Marriage is a Christian term and tradition (I think, I'm not completely sure), other people can get married, but if they aren't Christian then I don't consider it "marriage," but a bond.

EDIT:

Yeah, that's might not be fact, but that's what I think. So stfu.

Actually it goes back far longer then christanity. I beleave it goes farther then the judao religions aswell. So more then 10,000 years.

Edit: Forgot this things

1) Are you gay?
Im bisexual

Im all for it, or some kind of "union" as long as they have the same rights.

3) How do you feel about discrimation of gays?

Crock of ****. Gays, Bisexuals, monosexuals are really no diffrent from anyone else. They think, and breathe, and love. Were all human when you strip down the small diffrences. And humans all deserve the rights they work for. (Though if your a lazy drag who does ****, you deserve ****.)

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.

Last edited by zekk : 11-12-2006 at 10:59 AM.
zekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #53
kingjiyoon
extraordinary horny

1) Are you gay? no
2) Your stance on gay marriage? wtf
3) How do you feel about discrimation of gays? support it
kingjiyoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #54
Draken
waiting for the 6th world

1. nope
2. Yes because gay love was around before christianity warped marriage. Marriage was around in Roman and Greek times, it was around in the Egyptian times. Marriage is not a christian invention.
3. It annoys me. Small jokes are ok in my eyes because of the context, but actually hate/fear based discrimination annoys me.
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #55
maXterbat0r

1) Are you gay? Not quite sure...
2) Your stance on gay marriage? I don't see what's wrong with it...
3) How do you feel about discrimation of gays? It's just stupid...
maXterbat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #56
Nole07
UG Member

i am straight

if gays wanna get married now and be happy, thats fine, but when they die..(probably fo aids) they will probably go to hell and be miserable. so i say....let em marry !!!!

they are people tooo....i guess...just very awkward and weird and it makes me uncomfortable to be around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
Nole07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #57
Red.Washburn77
Token Pseudo Intellectual

1) I'm heterosexual.
2) I'm all for gay marriage; not allowing such isn't really justified by the whole "but teh Marriagez0rz z 2 Raze teh kiddies lol," as many people marry, and choose not to procreate.
3) Discrimination against homosexuals is just low; people fail to realize that it's just as wrong as racial descrimination. Of course, predjudice is scarcely recognized in its own time.

--Red
Old 11-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #58
telex289
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridge_raider

I have no problem with it. I have SOME issue with gay people having children, for the sake of the child. I'm sure that they can get just as much love and support from gay parents as straight, but the discrimination the child grows up with is what makes me undecided.

well then by that logic, black, asian, hispanic, indian, middle eastern people shouldn't be allowed to procreate or have custody of their own children because they're discriminated against in the US...
Old 11-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #59
Dinkydaisy
UG Addict

I, for one, get very annoyed at the whole sexuality discussion point. I see sexuality as a part of someone that isn't overly important and something that doesn't need to have countless controversities and taboos surrounding it. You fall in love with someone regardless of gender, sexuality isn't a factor. However, I do recognise that most people simply refer to sexuality, and I've no problem with homo or heterosexuality.

I would probably find it very difficult if I was homosexual myself though, with all the media and social aspects surrounding homosexuality I would find it hard to accept it, but that's me personally. i respect people who can be open about it, and whats more happy about it at the same time.
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold
Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Dinkydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:08 PM   #60
Nole07
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by telex289
well then by that logic, black, asian, hispanic, indian, middle eastern people shouldn't be allowed to procreate or have custody of their own children because they're discriminated against in the US...

but white people are discriminated in the US also, you failed to mention them in your little list

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
Nole07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: