Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
vgguru39

Thoren (Instrumental Brutal Death)

We are releasing our first EP. It's instrumental brutal progressive death. A lot of hard work went into this and I'm quite proud of the result. Let us know what you think! Mixed and Mastered by Colin Marston.

http://www.thoren.bandcamp.com/album/thoren

https://www.facebook.com/ThorenDeath

Also, some kind words from people I respect are rolling in. I'm pretty stoked about it and wanted to share.

"man so ....ing good" - Adrian Cappelletti (Involuntary Convulsion)

"I am aware of Thoren, killer stuff! Wanted to buy it soon" - John Strieder (Coma Cluster Void)

"It sounds brutal!" - Per Nilsson (Scar Symmetry)

"Very cool stuff, Anthony. Thanks for sharing" - Marlon (Abhorrent)

"checking it out right now, this sounds really cool!
production is awesome too, colin is the best" - Oleg Zalman (Artificial Brain, Severed Savior)

"diggin' it! nice work." -Kevin Hufnagel (Dysrhythmia, Gorguts)

"Love how you use dissonance to create different atmospheres. Beautiful." - Ron Thal aka Bumblefoot (Guns and Roses)

"i like your compositional style a lot" and "this is very cool stuff" - Andrew Hock (Castevet, Psalm Zero, Disparish)

"I'm soloing on track 5. Was happy to provide some ripping to this behemoth." - Bryan Baker in regards to his guest solo on the track Cirith Ungol

"Hey Anthony, sounds great. Haven't been listening to a ton of metal recently, but this hits the spot. Well thought out, well performed, and totally memorable. Thanks for sharing! I think the drum programming sounds excellent..." - Charlie Werber (Murmur)

"Thoren is a little more my usual style, I definitely hear some of that jagged, dissonant death metal in there. Kind of Gorguts but with a personality its own, and a bit more brutal at times. I especially like the last part of the song starting at 4:05 where you get really abstract and throw in the Demilich riff - well done!" - Will Smith talking about the track Shelob (Artificial Brain, Buckshot Facelift)
vgguru39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: