Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #7341
Griffin Effects

I ask because doesn't it include all the common mods already?
Sweep switch, q control, etc. I don't know what you would want to add.
Griffin Effects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #7342
grindcrasher

maybe a mod (or mods) that would make the hb01 sound more like a VOX wah ?
grindcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #7343
Griffin Effects

To start there are only two values that are different from the Vox in main wah section.
Change C13 to .01uf and R33 to 510E.
I'm not 100% sure the component reference is correct so verify that
R33 is 330E stock and C13 is .22uf stock.

If you wanted to post some big, clear pictures, that would help people help you. I don't have one of these so I know it would help me help you!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #7344
grindcrasher

thanx man! i will contact you as soon as i am ready to begin.
grindcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #7345
maling_mobil

Please let me to introduce my self,Im newbie member ,I would like to join with you all
Ok,I have bought Cry Baby Zakk Wylde and i was not satisfied with this wah tone,So finally i decide for modified my ZW-45 with :

- Change 33k vocal resistor to 100k (It will give more deep wah tone)
- Change 1K5 mid range resistor to 2K2 (For give smooth transition from heel to toe)
- Change 68K input resistor to 47K ( For increase input volume)
- Change 390R gain resitor to 470R ( For decrease gain)
- Change two MPSA18 transistors to BC109B transistors (For get smooth vintage wah tone),Because MPSA18 is high gain transistor and gives more dirty wah tone

So,with this mod ZW-45 tone more better than before,Because i have got modern-vintage wah tone,Maybe anybody have other mod experience with ZW-45???Please share to me

Last edited by maling_mobil : 12-07-2012 at 01:33 PM.
maling_mobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #7346
forsaknazrael
..kupo?

Interesting, most people don't increase the 390 resistor. Decreasing it increases the bass, and can help make it more throaty, too.

I find changing to 100K doesn't give a deeper tone, but it makes it change the vocal from WAHHHHH to WOOOOOH.
forsaknazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #7347
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

Does anyone know how I could get my wah to be in my rack? Like put the circuit board into another enclosure and keep the pedal part on the floor?
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
IronMaiden76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #7348
Griffin Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMaiden76
Does anyone know how I could get my wah to be in my rack? Like put the circuit board into another enclosure and keep the pedal part on the floor?

Three wires that are on the pot need to go to a stereo jack for the rack part. In the wah enclosure, use a stereo jack to hook up the three pot wires to. A stereo cable will connect them.
That will make the wah work remotely but there is the problem of turning it on and off.
You will most likely have to use a connector/cable with more than three conductors.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #7349
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

Ah nevermind then lol thank you
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #7350
Griffin Effects

It's not hard. It's actually pretty easy. You just need a connector/cable that can pass at least 4 different signals. Power and the three wah pot connections. One of the pot connections is ground so that can be used for all ground. You can use a relay to do the switching so you don't have to really run switch signals to bypass it.
I don't know why putting it in the rack would be beneficial though. You still have to have a wah shell on the floor with you.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #7351
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin Effects
It's not hard. It's actually pretty easy. You just need a connector/cable that can pass at least 4 different signals. Power and the three wah pot connections. One of the pot connections is ground so that can be used for all ground. You can use a relay to do the switching so you don't have to really run switch signals to bypass it.
I don't know why putting it in the rack would be beneficial though. You still have to have a wah shell on the floor with you.

I was hoping to use it with the Behringer FCB1010

Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #7352
Griffin Effects

I think that is a whole different question then. How to control a wah pedal with a midi controller?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #7353
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

Right! I think..

Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #7354
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

I don't like the sweep of my Rocktron Tri Wah. With a dirty tone I get no "wah" effect. Would changing the pot have any effect on this?

Old 07-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #7355
FenderBender72
The Bearded Warrior

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but there is a lot of pages here now with a lot of info. Basically I have a stock gcb95 and I'm wanting to upgrade. I'm thinking a red fasel and new pot would help, but I'm confused as to which pot does what. I'm sure there are differences between pots, but I don't know how I go about picking one on eBay. I'll probably end up doing the tre bypass too as I'm sure that could only help. And any advice on how to get rid of picking up radio frequencies?

Edit: I use my wah with both clean tone and distorted, mostly distortion though.

FenderBender72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #7356
Afender

Hey guys. I am about done replacing the pots in my Ibanez wh10. I am trying to figure out the color codes of the new pots to the old. New ones came out of a wh10v2. New pots are red green blue.......red blue white yellow. Old pots are grey blue black........white grey yellow orange. So where do I put each? This is killing me lol!
Afender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #7357
Invader Jim
Jim'll fix it.

Can't you measure the values and match them up that way? Are you talking about pots or resistors?

Another forced hiatus...
Invader Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #7358
Afender

How do I measure the values? I am doing this because when the wah is engaged and in the heel down position, it hums loud. Like unplug your guitar not on standby hum. So I emailed kevin wilson from wilson effects and he said 9/10 it was the pots. He also said to use the pots from the v2. By the way, when it is in toe down position it sounds amazing. And when I touch any jack the hum goes away 90%. So grounding issue....

Last edited by Afender : 07-14-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Afender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #7359
Phoenix V
Registered MUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender72
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but there is a lot of pages here now with a lot of info. Basically I have a stock gcb95 and I'm wanting to upgrade. I'm thinking a red fasel and new pot would help, but I'm confused as to which pot does what. I'm sure there are differences between pots, but I don't know how I go about picking one on eBay. I'll probably end up doing the tre bypass too as I'm sure that could only help. And any advice on how to get rid of picking up radio frequencies?

Edit: I use my wah with both clean tone and distorted, mostly distortion though.

I highly recommend the true passive bypass mod. The GCB95 is a tone sucker on active bypass. The difference is very audible.

Red Fasel is up to you, you may or may not hear a difference if you have golden ears.

Not sure if you are talking about switching out the main 'Hotpotz'. I'd only switch it out if the one in there is scratchy or obviously damaged in some way.

My gear is in my Profile

Hondo 780 Deluxe Refurb

Gibson Studio Build
Phoenix V is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: