Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
turionx2

Adam Jones patch on G7.1ut

Hi guys,

Searched the internet long and hard but couldn't find anything proper. Can any one of you guys help me out.

I use Zoom G7.1ut and I'm looking for the hard distortion and clean patches that matches Adam Jones's on "10,000 Days" or "Lateralus" albums.

I know the final sound depends a lot on the amp,pickups and the guitar used but I've got no budget to buy the rare silver burst Les Paul that Adam uses . Anything that you guys have used and found closer to the patches will be a great help.

You can also give insight into how he sets up his levels, bass, mids, trebles, reverbs etc so that I can try following it.

Thanks
turionx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Spambot_2
Custom User Title

Long explaination short, what you need is a VH4.
My vintage specs tele sounded like adam jones when passed through a VH4.

The distortion is, per se, a pretty generic sounding distortion - mid-high gain with the mids scooped a bit.
What makes it different from other distortion is the amp's clarity, and you can't really get that clarity from your equipment.

The closest I got to that I got there using a lot of bass, a bit of mids and some highs, a lot of resonance (the low thump), little presence, no reverb, and a generic cab that could have been copied from a Marshall 1960.
Though yeah, mind that you can't really get close to that sound with what you have.
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Spambot_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
amatas83
VA shred head

The G7 should have a DZL amp sim If I recall since it should be the same as the G9. though it may be modeled after the Herbert not a VH4 but it should be similar to a degree. There might be some patches for it if you check one of the Zoom sites and they might have something similar dialed. try that.
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
amatas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
turionx2

Thanks for the info guys.

That VH4 is still far out from anything I can afford. Someday, maybe.

I have been reading up in lot of forums and websites and the thing that comes up the most is this "mid level scooping" that Adam does. Can you describe what it means and how it's done in an amp or in the G7.1?
turionx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
Spambot_2
Custom User Title

To scoop a parameter in this case means to lower it significantly, so say you get your highs on 7, your bass on 8 and your mids on 3.

It's a common thing people do to get a metal sound together with adding a fair amount of distortion.
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Spambot_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: