Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #41
ibanez4life SZ!
UG's PRS + Mesa Abuser

Using Mesa tubes keep your warranty in tact...Mesa makes more than just 6L6s....

And what's all this stuff about my amp blowing up cause I don't use the stock tubes? Come on guys! Now you're just being silly. It's a tube amp....if the tubes are properly matched and seated, it will run just like any other amp.

And EL-34s are not an unreliable tube....not at all.

The Endless Endeavor: Mypsace
The Endless Endeavor: Facebook

Thanks for looking!

PRSi---> Boogie
ibanez4life SZ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:58 AM   #42
SGKIDD
Fan-Great!

No but those GZ's....

haha be careful.

Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join

I am slightly dislexic, I misspell things, get over it.
SGKIDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:08 AM   #43
ibanez4life SZ!
UG's PRS + Mesa Abuser

My amp only sounds better....and is quieter too....

No problems here...and it's been quite a few months.

Thanks for looking!

PRSi---> Boogie
Old 12-10-2006, 07:17 AM   #44
dertjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock503
a 6L6 can blow, just like an EL34 can, either "can" damage an amp if there is severe shorting.

If they are running correctly, how is this damaging an amp? If they are shorting out, yeah, but running correctly they won't damage an amp. Where does it say in writing that Mesa will void the warranty if you use EL34? Why wouldn't they mention this in any of their manuals, since they mention you can run them very clearly? Besides mentioning running 6L6 and EL34 in my Mark IV, they mention that you can use 6V6 if some precautions are taken. They say because they can't verity that you have run it correctly(impedance using 4ohm in stead of 8, tweed, simulclass), they can't warranty the 6V6 "tubes", but mentions nothing of voiding the amp warranty, even in that case.

if you take a mesa to a certified repair person they give lists when you buy the amp, first thing they ask is if you put EL-34s in, if you did they cant fix your amp underwarranty, its just kinda a way mesa can get out of a warranty
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
dertjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #45
SGKIDD
Fan-Great!

Its that way with any company that has a warranty like that...

Ok so this thread has taken a turn for...not so good. But reliefe! I recorded some sound clips last night (On the shitty-est program ever and in turn they sound prettttyyyy bad, eventhough I was using my mackie Sound consol (CFX-20) and a sure SM-57, the program has well shit sound, (Adobe Edition 1.5) So after work today Ill register a Dmusic and post the few shot clips of some basic chording... (not hard stuff but form y first recording demo I wanted things to go smoothly)

Old 12-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #46
schecter06

Does anyone here know off hand how long it takes to get a new Mesa after you order it??? Im looking into getting a roadster head soon, and talking to a dealer i know he said it could be up to 3 months... is this true?
schecter06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #47
TwoString
AKA Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter06
Does anyone here know off hand how long it takes to get a new Mesa after you order it??? Im looking into getting a roadster head soon, and talking to a dealer i know he said it could be up to 3 months... is this true?

Depends on demand and their build schedule. I ordered a roadster around the 2nd/3rd week of November and I was given a delivery date of February 13th...the key idea is order soon and put the down payment in and work with a vendor that has a good return policy in case you don't dig the amp when it arrives. Boogie puts out a good product, but it's a pain when you have to put money down to even get an amp in the store to try out (the closest store that had a roadster on the floor to try was 5 states away).
Pedalboard Build
Patch Cable Tutorial
GT-8 Thread
Slide Clinic
7 Way Strat
LP Intonation Mod
My SRV Rig Thread

I build rigs and custom pedalboards...PM me for help or advice.
TwoString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #48
dertjoe

ya roadsters are actually taking longer to get because theyre new and in demand, everything is hand built so that adds to time too, id estimate about 3 months once you order with a down payment
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Old 12-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #49
Erock503
Gear \m/hore

Location: NJ member - Mark Series Brotherhood - UG gain \m/hores - UG 7 String Legion
a friend showed me some clips of his Roadster the other night, and I thought it sounded pretty good, even with his cheap recording gear. I think he wants to get proper gear before he goes "public". It just sounded like a more versatile DR IMO, I'm kind of surprised they made it so close in price to the regular DR. If buying new, the $200 seems like a no brainer. Have any of you guys been able to A/B them to see if there are tones on the DR you can't get with the Roadster?
Erock503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #50
AngelOfSorrow
Welcome to Hockeytown.

So i was playing this Mesa Boogie Stack (DUAL RECTIFIER) at guitar center last night, and i was playing it with a Jackson RR, and it played like a dream How much would a HALF STACK of this cost??? (in american money)

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
AngelOfSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #51
Erock503
Gear \m/hore

Location: NJ member - Mark Series Brotherhood - UG gain \m/hores - UG 7 String Legion
Old 12-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #52
kurdtkobaign
My name is Andy

New? Youre lookin at aroung $1800 for the head. And $800 for the cab..? I think? I cant remember lol. But, its a pretty big hunk of change.

Member of the Orange Revolution club!
kurdtkobaign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:54 PM   #53
dertjoe

actually 900 for the cab plus tax, its better to find them used if you can, if you must have a triple, i bought a halfstack from my buddy for 1800 he was a close freind, i think used triple halfstacks at GC run about 2000-2400, a dual is another good option but cheaper, used halfstacks start at about 1800-2200
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #54
Erock503
Gear \m/hore

Andy, have you gotten to try a Roadster at your shop yet? If so, how does it compare to the DR?
Old 12-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #55
kurdtkobaign
My name is Andy

Yeah what he said (dertjoe). I would say to look at Dual or even Single Rectifiers if you want any kind of Rectifier. Either way, its all worth it if the Mesa sound is the sound you love.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #56
kurdtkobaign
My name is Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock503
Andy, have you gotten to try a Roadster at your shop yet? If so, how does it compare to the DR?

I havnt but I really want to. I overheard some loser playing it at the shop but of course it was teh d3atH m3taL and sounded like crap lol. The shop I bought my Mesa from just got a shitload of new gear in so Im planning on going there to test it all out. So, there ya go lol.

edit- also, isnt the Roadster basically a watered down Road King? Same sound, just less features?

Old 12-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #57
Erock503
Gear \m/hore

Nice, sounds like it will be fun. Yeah, same preamp I guess, just not the progressive linkage with the 5 different poweramp circuits. I haven't gotten to try a RK yet, they were priced well out of my reach at the time when I was amp searching. They've become a lot more reasonable used however at this point, I couldn't believe some of the prices I've seen now compared to when I was looking.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #58
ibanez4life SZ!
UG's PRS + Mesa Abuser

From what I hear, Roadster is versatile, but it looses some of the huge kick the Recto has....can't verify, cause I have yet to play one.

Thanks for looking!

PRSi---> Boogie
Old 12-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #59
Half_Full
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez4life SZ!
From what I hear, Roadster is versatile, but it looses some of the huge kick the Recto has....can't verify, cause I have yet to play one.

If it looses a lot of kick, the Dual Recto better be able to kill you, because the Roadster has plenty of it.
Half_Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #60
SGKIDD
Fan-Great!

Heres what I assese at my local shop a while back.

Same circutry as a Recto, with 2 identicla clean channels and he two Gain structures as before in the recto's channel three now being the same as channel two , and channel 4 matching up to channel 3, of a three channel solo head.

Each Channelhas a controll for reverb, Via back panel, and a selectible wattage controll.

Recto with reverb and a wattage controll, and 4 channels, otherwise , they are identicle

Rate This Thread: