Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #61
schecter06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoString
Depends on demand and their build schedule. I ordered a roadster around the 2nd/3rd week of November and I was given a delivery date of February 13th...the key idea is order soon and put the down payment in and work with a vendor that has a good return policy in case you don't dig the amp when it arrives. Boogie puts out a good product, but it's a pain when you have to put money down to even get an amp in the store to try out (the closest store that had a roadster on the floor to try was 5 states away).

That sucks alot. Ive played the roadster combo but i really want the head and a cab. The thing is im trying to get rid of my Peavey xxx combo, but i cant sell it till i get a new amp and i might need the money.
schecter06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:51 PM   #62
kurdtkobaign
My name is Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGKIDD
Heres what I assese at my local shop a while back.

Same circutry as a Recto, with 2 identicla clean channels and he two Gain structures as before in the recto's channel three now being the same as channel two , and channel 4 matching up to channel 3, of a three channel solo head.

Each Channelhas a controll for reverb, Via back panel, and a selectible wattage controll.

Recto with reverb and a wattage controll, and 4 channels, otherwise , they are identicle

Dayum. Sounds pretty kick ass. I need some good reverb for my Triple. Ill probably get the Digiverb. People seem to be happy with it.

Member of the Orange Revolution club!
kurdtkobaign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:53 AM   #63
ibanez4life SZ!
UG's PRS + Mesa Abuser

^You'll be much happier with The EH Holier Grail...trust me.

The Endless Endeavor: Mypsace
The Endless Endeavor: Facebook

Thanks for looking!

PRSi---> Boogie
ibanez4life SZ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:42 AM   #64
kurdtkobaign
My name is Andy

^ That Im sure of lol. I just have the Digiverb at work and I can get it for less than half the sale price. How much the EH?

Im also HOPING Ill get the VisualSound H20 chorus/delay. That pedal rocks some serious testicals.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #65
zackprs
I Feel So Invincible....

Yeah, I've got the roadster (2X12" combo) and it kicks so much ass. I've played the dual recto and it sounds identicle to the roadster at channel 4 w/ the modern setting. It sounds like a 4X12, it's just so huge. When I play in my basement, people upstairs complain that the room shakes.

I've had this amp for 2 months now and i've only scratched the surface of what the Roadster can do. There is almost too much choice!

With the power on spongy, i can nail that "brown" sound. I just love this amp.

Eventually i'll do some recording and maybe post some stuff on here.
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
zackprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:29 AM   #66
SGKIDD
Fan-Great!

How do you like your SE custom? ^^ I was wondering because I was going to get one but got an SG instead...so I keep thinking I may have made the wrong choice...even though SG's are my fav guitar

Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join

I am slightly dislexic, I misspell things, get over it.
SGKIDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:20 AM   #67
kurdtkobaign
My name is Andy

^ Ive been wondering about PRS's SE line for a long time. How are the pickups in them? And how are they tone/feel wise compared to their bigger brothers?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:06 AM   #68
zackprs
I Feel So Invincible....

Ok, I LOVE my PRS SE custom.

I've played the custom 22, 24, singlecut trem, standard 22, 24, se: singlecut, soapbar, standard, and a few others I can't remember.

It obviously isn't as good as the non-korean made guitars, but it still is incredible for the price. The neck is really comfy. The tuners are pretty damn nice, but they aren't locking...but you can always replace those. The action is very smooth. I actually really like the pickups on this guitar. They handle distorted and clean tones very well. One complaint I do have is that pinch harmonics don't cut through the mix as well as other pickups. I really like the trem. It's no floyd rose but it does small pitch bends very well. Doesn't go out of tune unless you do massive dive bombs.

I have no idea how PRS made their guitars so nice for how low the price is. This guitar sounds, plays and looks like a guitar that is 2ce the price. Trust me, it's worth a look. But if you have the money for an american made PRS, get it. They are just insanely good.
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Old 12-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #69
Butt Savage

i posted this in the classifieds but i figured here would be perfect.. im looking to sell my rectifier standard cab (i believe this is refered to as the oversize). its just over 3 months old and it never left my room. i bought it new at guitar center and not off the floor, they went back and gave me a new one in the box.. i have everything it came with and the stickers are still on the thing.. i do not want to ship it but i live in Secaucus NJ so if anyone near there is interested im looking for $700 since they go for $900 at guitar center and this one is in better shape than those.. i wont be back on this thread so if you are interested PM me
Butt Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #70
SGKIDD
Fan-Great!

bump

Old 12-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #71
zackprs
I Feel So Invincible....

I hope this thread goes somewhere. I love Mesa's!
Has anyone played a Roadking? I only got to play one for 30 minutes....the options are just so overwhelming! I've had my roadster for like 2 months and I still feel that I haven't checked out all the options!
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Old 12-17-2006, 11:22 PM   #72
Half_Full
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackprs
I hope this thread goes somewhere. I love Mesa's!
Has anyone played a Roadking? I only got to play one for 30 minutes....the options are just so overwhelming! I've had my roadster for like 2 months and I still feel that I haven't checked out all the options!

Are you my identical brother that does everything right beside me?
I've barely even touched what my Roadster head is capable of, and I to only got to orgasm for 30 minutes on the throne of a RoadKing.
Half_Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:33 PM   #73
zackprs
I Feel So Invincible....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_Full
Are you my identical brother that does everything right beside me?
I've barely even touched what my Roadster head is capable of, and I to only got to orgasm for 30 minutes on the throne of a RoadKing.

Might be!
but, I really liked the roadking...but it's just the cost that overwhelms me! I went for the roadster because it was plenty versitle but didn't cost as much as a roadking.
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Old 12-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #74
Half_Full
Unregistered User

I hear that. I just wouldn't be able to comprehend all those switches and knobs; the Roadster gives me an appetizer to the RoadKing, but without spending millions on aspirin.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #75
zackprs
I Feel So Invincible....

One thing that I wish they included was a way to assign certain channels to different speakers....I would love an open-back cab and diff. speakers for my cleans
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Old 12-18-2006, 12:03 AM   #76
Half_Full
Unregistered User

That's an option on the RoadKing if I remember correctly. You could choose whether or not you wanted to use the closed-back half or the open-back half.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:14 AM   #77
zackprs
I Feel So Invincible....

I meant for the roadster....sorry
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Old 12-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #78
SGKIDD
Fan-Great!

So whats with Mesa 2X12's that are sooo insanely nice that guys are using them instead of a 4X2 cab? like using 2 4X12's and 2 2X12's as 2 3/4 stacks?

Old 12-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #79
Erock503
Gear \m/hore

Location: NJ member - Mark Series Brotherhood - UG gain \m/hores - UG 7 String Legion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_Full
That's an option on the RoadKing if I remember correctly. You could choose whether or not you wanted to use the closed-back half or the open-back half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackprs
I meant for the roadster....sorry

that's the whole point of the progressive linkage, so you have completely seperate poweramps that can run different speakers.
Erock503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #80
ssmband

Hey im trying to get a used mesa rect-o-verb or dual recto off ebay.. is there anything that I should look for that may tip me of the a bad mesa or one that may not be working correctly?
ssmband is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: